Happy January. This was the lovely sunrise over my garden fence this morning but if folklore is to be believed, which it is (red sky at dawn shepherd be warned), we are in for some wicked weather... it's freezing cold here, I have given up turning the heating up and put some extra layers and handwarmers on.
There was shopping, but after Christmas, when the sales were at their best (50% or more off) which is when I bought three pretty tops from East to wear on our trip to India later this year. Looks like they go with everything I own pretty much. We will be taking internal flights so will have a very small luggage allowance, everything will have to earn its space in the suitcase.Blue hand printed skirt is an oldie (An Indian Summer) but a favourite.
The brown East skirt was also in the sale, it's hand printed. I am really loving browns and rusts at the moment. The blouse has a lovely gold print and is super light and airy - ideal for keeping mosquitos off in the evening!
It was a big problem getting our visa for India. Infact the consulate were only allowing appointments for in person applications (at great expense) and it was impossible to get one, we had to change our flights and itinerary completely to this Spring, we lost a bit of money too as the airline charged us - our original booking was for November. But in December, just days after our coveted appointment was finally bagged (by sitting every night at 7pm exactly and waiting for the appointments to be released online in limited numbers).... India decided to bring back online visa applications for British applicants - yay! we got ours returned within 24 hours.
Thank goodness.
Nothing wrong with pre-loved though, the skirt below is probably from around 1970 snapped up on Ebay for a silly price as nobody else bid on it, that was several years ago but I have worn it a lot. It seems happy paired with my new blouse.
Here's my favourite Christmas present, a beautiful tree of life embossed leather writing book, which takes refills.
Mollie has a new sparkly collar. She likes the cold weather - was out in the garden watching birds for three hours today! It's been between -2 and -6 but with her fur coat on she's happy.
I have repotted most of my houseplants. It was difficult to get the moss pole but eventually I found one
in the garden centre languishing in a corner which they let me have for two quid. The orchids were from good old Lidl and have been flowering non-stop for weeks. Unfortunately having men in the house has it's hazards and my table has some damage, any ideas how to remove those ugly water stains?
I had my paints out but nothing very exciting was produced since my Christmas card masterpiece, that's often the way - moments of inspiration followed by weeks or months of not a lot but I will keep at it.
Hope you are enjoying January, thanks for stopping by :)

A very nice selection of clothing, Betty. How exciting to hear that you are going to India, you will have lots of inspiration for painting!
ReplyDeleteLove your outfits for your Indian sojourn. India, is a great love of mine too, but luckily I have never experienced mosquitos whilst being there.
ReplyDeleteGood choices indeed. I would love to wear them, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm a great lover of indian cloths and fabrics. My cupboard is a good witness to that.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure while in India, you'll be buying yourself some additional pieces of clothing. They're irresistible!
That 70s skirt!! I wore out one just like that
ReplyDeleteyou've chosen some fabulous things! I loved the East camis, too and was very tempted. You're going to look fantastic on your travels. I always wear those earthy shades in India, they don't show up the dirt!
ReplyDeleteMollie looks very pretty in her new collar and I love the refillable notebook! xxxx
Hi Betty…what a beautiful combination with your clothes!….so beautiful like your new writing book ..wowww!!…here we have lots of snow today here in Holland …happy weekend love from me and Leaf π❤️πΎπ oww I forgot to say what a sweet cat you have ππΎπ❤️
ReplyDeleteLovely outfits. How exciting to be planning an exotic holiday. Wish I could fit into your suitcase!Love Mollie's bit of bling!Have a good weekend.xxx
ReplyDeletePs your men need to learn to use coasters! In the meantime, some danish oil would get rid of the marks or if you have any walnuts kicking around, break one open and rub the fruit into the stains which might erase them temporarily or at least cover them up.
ReplyDeleteI can never resist those shades of brown and rust either. Your new tops are perfect for pairing with them. I can only imagine, with your love for colorful textiles, how much you are going to enjoy your trip to India. Yay for you!
ReplyDeleteIn our second photo, I once I had a white top like that. Not sure what happen to it.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I hope you have a lovely time when you go to India. We are going to Thailand in March. I'm excited to see the people and gaze at the ocean.
ReplyDeleteIndia! How exciting! One of our favorite movies is The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I bet we watch it at last twice a year
ReplyDeleteYour purchases are lovely!x
ReplyDeleteYour purchases are lovely! The whole VISA application sounded very stressful originally!
ReplyDeleteOh thanks goodness the online applications opened up! I remember having to drive three hours all the way to Nottingham & queuing for almost two hours for a Visa to India... even then there was no guarantee we'd get one, as once they hit the limit for the day, that was it :0 Your floaty outfits are perfect & how exciting it must be to have a trip lined up. The orchids and embossed book are beautiful. No tips for the table I'm afraid - ours coffee table gets trashed by the kids :0 xXx
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for your holidays! We did have a look at flights now our five year visas have been reinstated but they're 75% more expensive than the last time we flew...I'll have to go on loads of short haul holidays instead.
ReplyDeleteI had my eye on the brown version of that camisole, I love them - the skirts will be perfect, too! Isn't it lovely to play around in our wardrobes and plan holiday clothes? I can waste hours doing it.
Mollie is so pretty and looks so much more confident now. xxx
I'm so excited for your holidays! We did have a look at flights now our five year visas have been reinstated but they're 75% more expensive than the last time we flew...I'll have to go on loads of short haul holidays instead.
ReplyDeleteI had my eye on the brown version of that camisole, I love them - the skirts will be perfect, too! Isn't it lovely to play around in our wardrobes and plan holiday clothes? I can waste hours doing it.
Mollie is so pretty and looks so much more confident now. xxx
I'm not sure when you will be going, but I hope you have a lovely holiday in India...
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan