Tuesday, 24 January 2023

Scarves

 Joining *Rain's* bloghop, this week her theme is scarves- I'm a little ahead of everyone as the hop doesn't start until Thursday, but will be working - so here's mine early :) These are scarves I silk painted some years ago, some were for a charity auction at the church and sold well and a few  were sent in blog swaps in the good old days when bloggers could afford the ever rising postal costs of sending swap gifts to one another!  The long ones were challenging to make as were painted in two halves.  













I enjoyed making these scarves but no longer do the silk painting as it is so time consuming and the materials have become quite expensive. I only wish I had kept one for myself!  

I do love a warm woolly scarf, my everyday scarf just now is this one, which is made from recycled plastic would you believe! you can't tell, it looks and feels like wool and is super warm.



My utmost favourite though is a bit bigger than a scarf, it's a blankety wrap of pure 100% Scottish mohair which my lovely blogging friend Anne gave me many years ago. I snuggle up in it when I watch telly and I take it in my car and bring it out at work if I am on a late shift and the office is chilly!



Still have problems with blogger where if I use my mobile it converts my picturs to a tiny little box icon, so posting this early while I have use of a laptop!




27 comments:

  1. I love scarves too. My daughter in law in Australia sent me one for Christmas, hand knitted and 8 feet long! It's so warm, it goes everywhere with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are exceptionally gorgeous scarves dear Betty!

    I really loved the color combination you chose to paint on of my likening.

    You are incredible wow.

    Sorry you don't have any of these right now. But gift from your blog friend looks pretty awesome and how handy in everyday life.

    Never heard of plast blanket wow doesn't look like made up of plastic at all.

    Best of luck with all you do in days ahead my friend.
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silk painted scarves are superb!
    The pure mohair wool wrap is a treasure in winter. It has good colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your silk scarves are really beautiful!!! You did a lovely job on them! Pity you didn't keep one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn’t easy todo, but I made myself choose a favorite from among your painted silk scarves. I finally settled on the third one which I think depicts the oh-so-beautiful foxgloves from your garden. Other than that, I would choose the warm mohair for it’s a cold and snowy winter’s night here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Betty, the scarves are beautiful! What a shame you didn't keep one. Mumrah gave me some silk paints she found on the carbooty sale and I have some small silk hankies, but I am missing time and the stretchy stretchy things. Blogger is being very funny with me, will let me comment on some blogs, but not others :0 Stay snuggly xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the first one you make yourself beautiful πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ yeah good old times …with blog give aways and gifts from blogfriends i looove that time happy week love from me and Leaf πŸ€❤️πŸΎπŸ€

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Betty, these are so beautiful. You're a master at this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw I'd forgotten about that wrap! So glad you're still using it. I've got all my silks you gave me in frames now to keep them pristine forever and ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scarves. Your silk paintings are exquisite. What a shame you didn't keep at least one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried silk printing.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty,

    Your silk scarfs are beautiful! Years ago, I liked painting Christmas designs on sweatshirts which was tricky I thought but I'd say silk is even trickier. Scarfs do add warmth on cold winter days/nights. Have a doodletastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your scarves are gorgeous! I have done allot of natural dyeing and with procion dyes but had never tried silk painting that is sad you didn't save one back for you Do you have resale shops consingment shops near you? I would used to buy allot of clothing of natural materials and then take them apart to dye with, sometimes I would see plain silk scarves too. Your fiber scarves are beautiful and look so warm and cozy
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luv luv your pretty hand painted scarves

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are very pretty scarves. You chose such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...scarves have never been my thing. Stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a friend who does silk painting. You are right. The silk has gotten so expensive, it's beyond the reach of most budgets. I LOVE your plarn scarf. It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness, your silk scarves are beautiful ... and I wish you had kept one for yourself as well. People who are givers often leave themselves out and you are most certainly a giver. I love warm cozy scarves too, but I have to admit, I have never seen or heard of one made of plastic ... doesn't sound warm and cozy, but clearly it is. My friend gave me a scarf for Christmas this year ... it is gorgeous, but it is so big I am not sure how to wear it. I think your idea of snuggling in it by the tele is perfect. Lovely post, Betty ... stay warm in one of your cozy scarves ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your scares are lovely, Betty! So delicate and pretty. The Scottish mohair blanket that your friend gave you must be wonderful to wrap up in when you are cold. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post! Scarves, I have many, in many colours for every mood. I love your silk scarves, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still treasure that beautiful lavender bag you made me - Jon's always trying to pinch it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Recycled plastic??? That is just awesome Betty! Your silk scarves are beautiful, such talent. I do love the butterflies! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Even though it's to say "ditto" to other commenters, I have to chime in and say, WOW! Your painted scarves are works of art. I hope someone is enjoying wearing them, and others are admiring the art. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Even though it's to say "ditto" to other commenters, I have to chime in and say, WOW! Your painted scarves are works of art. I hope someone is enjoying wearing them, and others are admiring the art. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The scarves are so lovely! I love the warm toasty wrap that Annie gave you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The scarves on your post do look lovely.
    I had a beautiful scarf as a Christmas Gift, I do enjoy wearing it ...

    Enjoy your February days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Betty,
    The silk scarves are absolutely stunning! Items to treasure.
    I've seen a few garments made from recycled plastic and they're really impressive. I wouldn't have guessed yours wasn't wool. It's lovely!
    Claire - Winter Peach. (I realise Blogger is behaving strangely at times and also sometimes posts comments anonymously).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.