Friday, 3 June 2022

Preparations

Our street is decked with bunting ready to join the rest of the UK in celebrating our Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations, our street party is scheduled for tomorrow - so is heavy rain! we will forge ahead - there are 3 barbeques, two gazebos and lots of food so no doubt we will work it out.  Everyone has been decorating their houses (here's ours) and stretching bunting from one side of the road to the other.


Everyone is going mad to buy bunting!  this sign was in the department store in town - they must be sick of people asking!   


Looking forward to the Queens Platinum Jubilee Street Party!
are you having a party? celebrating? hope it's a fantastic day to remember.



11 comments:

  1. How wonderful Betty .... & how I wish I was over there to celebrate as I have seen on lots of blogs that folk are getting ready to celebrate. I love the bunting everywhere. If i was over there I could be making & selling lots of red & blue bunting 😉😊 Enjoy the weekend Betty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like a fun festival.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunting is so easy to make. I pulled out some that i had made for a birthday party. Not strictly Union Jack, but it looks very jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Platijoob! Your house looks lovely.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh …so nice a street party…I wish I could be there tomorrow 🙄😉 …so nice the queen party…she is such a special lady…love her….enjoy love Ria …I hope no rain for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks fabulous all dressed up for the festival. I love the bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it has been a wonderful celebration! Remarkable woman, your Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bunting and the no bun tin made me giggle.
    Hope you had a lovely time and that the weather was kind to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's with the bun frenzy :0 ! :) Hope the weather was ok for you yesterday Betty love. Whilst I'm possibly more of a Roundhead than a Cavalier, I am quite partial to a bit of Victoria sponge cake ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched a couple of youtube videos of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee street party. How fun!
    Have a great week ahead, Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.