Thursday, 12 May 2022

A week in May


Although I worked a bit of overtime last  weekend, there was still time for a lovely night walk with my younger son out in the woods - we were looking for bats, impossible to photograph but there are a lot of them around here.  


I felt inspired to do a little picture of the wildflowers I have seen this week: valerian, bluebell, jack by the hedge, herb robert, garlic and dandelion seedheads.

I also had a solitary early morning walk and, whilst gathering up pine cones, saw  a wood pigeon's egg shell drop down from the pine trees, the little bird must have just hatched.








 The first elderberry flowers are out...


At the end of this week we are off on our travels for a dose of sunshine near Portugal, with nothing going on but book reading, swimming and relaxing :)  My holiday suitcase allowance is 20kg - far more than I need for a  week so I  crammed in my paints and brushes just in  case I feel inspired.

I 'm off now to catch up on your blogs.






18 comments:

  1. Those are the colors of nature that bring me hope for beauty in the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a sunshine-filled holiday!
    I am so glad you have space for your paints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely break Betty, and hope there will be sunshine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walks in nature are times of discovery about yourself and about surroundings.
    Lucky you to go to sunny Portugal area for a weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, I admire the ease you have in painting what you cannot photograph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely break. Sounds perfect!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are able to take walks. Wonderful art too. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wildflowers painting! Yay for a little break and sunshine. I do hope you find time to paint some too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are beautiful Betty - so pretty. I hope you have a wonderful time & its a great idea to take your paints along too. A holiday sounds pretty darn perfect right about now. Enjoy Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went on a bat walk a while ago and the leader had a device that slowed down their calls to our hearing levels. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your painting. Watercolor? It's really lovely. Have a fabulous time in Portugal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wildflower painting, Betty! Spring everywhere! Enjoy your holiday in Portugal! Hope to see some paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen a bat for a while.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wild flowers painting. Here, we have bats in limestone caves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Betty chuck, I love your weekend watercolour :) I am excited for your holiday and super glad you packed your paints. I mean, who needs spare knickerbockers or other such essentials when you have paints?! Those elderflowers look perfect for cordial making. Have a goodun' xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll be in Portugal now! I hope your having the best time and have squeezed in plenty of painting amongst the sunbathing and reading! Your art is stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do like your wildflower painting, the colours are lovely.
    Hope you are having, or had, a great holiday in Portugal.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope near Portugal is spectacular! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.