Thursday, 10 March 2022

Fairies

 


Joining *Rain's blog* - her theme this week is fairies.  I have covid and not feeling too creative this week but wanted to join in, I found some very old 'ones I did earlier'.....

I have a fairy wand, it was made specially for me by a friend who understands fairies...




How I imagine a fairy would build her house....



silk painting of a wood fairy.... she blends with the trees and only her crown is visible sparkling between branches, her arms are twiggy and her dress is of fallen leaves.


and a fairy cake - every good fairy makes these....



It's impossible to make a blog post without acknowledging the sad situation in Ukraine, my hopes for them are that this nightmare will stop.   



22 comments:

  1. Betty, so sorry to hear you have the dreaded virus, hope you will rest and be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cupcake picture! Figuratively and pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have covid. Please take very good care. I love your post on the Fae. The sweets are a perfect meal for them. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fairy paintings. Absolutely enchanting. (I think mushrooms are fairy houses, too.)

    I am SO sorry to hear you have Covid but at least good enough to paint and go through your archives to share with us. Please take it easy and recover in full before you push it too much. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! You're the fourth person I know to catch Covid this week. I hope it passes quickly and with no ill effects.
    Those fairy shrooms are so pretty and I love your silk painting.
    My thoughts are with Ukraine, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty take care, rest. You will soon recover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Ukraine, too.
    I'm so sorry you have Covid. Prayers for YOU and a quick recovery.
    I love fairies as you know. Your painting is lovely. I might get my pink Christmas fairies out and hang them in a tree. LOVE to you, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I definately think thats how a fairy would build her house too Betty!! So sorry to read you have Covid ... it is everywhere over here too. My close friend & my daughter in law both caught it this week. I hope you feel better very soon Betty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have fairies in my garden at a previous home. Also had gnomes and their homes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fairie! And the cupcake! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, you caught Covid, I'm so sorry Betty and I hope you're feeling better soon! Your art is beautiful, I just love the fairy house and cupcake, but...your fairy in the woods is amazing! And you have a fairy wand, how neat!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about Covid. One of my daughters-in-law has also caught it this week. It's the tiredness that's getting to her too. I could use that fairy wand to get rid of the extra weight I've amassed with being sedentary for too long with this gammy ankle! Get better quickly, Betty.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, for someone not feeling well you did a fab job pulling this post together. Here's hoping your symptoms improve each day. Saying a special prayer for you to be back to your old self again. I enjoyed your faerie art, especially loved the little faeries building their home. Now I want cake. :) Take it easy and be well soon, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you have covid. Wishing you speedy covery
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear you have Covid. Your fairy illustrations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are on the mend, feel better soon :)
    thank you for your lovely comments on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Betty, firstly, sorry to hear you have Covid. I hope its not too bad for you. Loving your fairy paintings. The 'shroom palace is exactly how a fairy would build a house in your nearby woods. I see a little face eagerly peeking out ... not doubt she's spotted the delicious cup cakes...but oh no... Queen Fairy spots this and says "NO...NOT UNTIL YOU'VE EATEN ALL THE PEAS ON YOUR PLATE!!!! - DON'T MAKE ME THROW ICE LEAVES AT YOU LITTLE ONE!!!" If only we could use a magic wand to cast the spell of world peace xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are on the road to recovery from Covid. I like the fairy house.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry you have Covid, sending my good wishes for a speedy recovery.
    I did enjoy your art and pictures for Rains theme.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Betty, :=) A delightful imaginative fairy post. Sending good wishes your way for a speedy recovery.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enchanting post, Betty!

    Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending positive thoughts to you.

    Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.