Thursday, 3 February 2022

First week of February




 This little watercolour is my version of the one in my lovely Country Diary book (from my friend Vix).  I enjoyed sitting at the kitchen table one morning with my paints out and when I looked outside I could see catkins like these bobbing just above my fence where the woods are joining us.  I used a water brush (water in cylinder of brush), which is new to me and good for wet on dry.



Hand is getting better slowly,  I had my first swim since surgery and it felt wonderful.  Have been for a walk most days and can see shoots in the woods that indicate the bluebells are beginning to grow.  My phone camera isn't working so short on pictures today.

Have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by :)


20 comments:

  1. Your painting is so lovely. We have one of those brushes you describe we use them with watercolour pencils, they were a handy combination if you wanted to paint when out and about. I am glad to hear that your hand is slowly getting better after surgery, I do hope it continues to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted that the book inspired you to paint, that picture is absolutely gorgeous. You are clever!
    I'm so pleased that you're healing nicely and can do some activities that make you happy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely painting, it has started my day with pleasure, especially as it is raining here and the temp. is forecast to go down today from 9 -6 degrees! Luckily I do not have to go out today so will have a catchup day and then feet up,reading afternoon. Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Betty,:=) I'm, so glad your hand is mending and you can now swim. My daughter is also doing some therapeutic excising in a pool for the pain she gets in her back. You made a pretty water colour, it's most charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much Spring in your new painting. Just lovely. Have you been watching 'Watercolour Challenge'? It's on in the afternoons on Channel 4. Glad you got out for a swim. Have a good weekend, Betty.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goo wishes for good healing. The water color is calming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was your watercolors that brought me visiting here, so I always look forward to seeing more of your work. (I also like your dress up pictures.) Take care of the wrist. It takes time. It has been almost ten months since I broke my wrist and I am not one hundred percent yet...but getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your watercolour Betty- gosh it is gorgeous! I did not know there was such a thing as a water brush - you learn something every day. Pleased to read your hand is healing well my friend, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful watercolor. I'm so glad you can paint and also that you are healing. And I'll bet that swim felt great! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear you are healing. Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh beautiful catkins and blue tit! The catkins are happily bobbing about and the bird looks like it has spotted its next insect to eat. Good to hear that your hand is healing nicely Betty. Have a wonderful week. Lulu xXx

    p.s. A brush with water in it, how posh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue bells are nice.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear that you are recovering well, and can swim again. Your catkins are so lovely, gentle and Springlike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful. This fills me with the joy of spring. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. your first try after rest for the surgery is splendidly beautiful dear Betty i loved it absolutely specially the way parrot is sitting it's fascinating and your water colors are cool indeed to create it as awesomely .
    hope hand has recover completely and your walks in your gorgeous surroundings going to bring us stunning glimpse of your area :)
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful watercolour.
    So pleased that your hand is healing.
    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your water colour painting of the catkins and bird. Good to know that your is healing very well. It is good to be able to swim again after your surgery. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your watercolour! The yellow of the catkins is spectacular! So good to read your hand is getting better. Enjoy your walks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad the hand is healing. I love your watercolours, its something I really want to start practicing, I loved the snow scene on the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.