I had a quiet afternoon watching YouTube tutorials for watercolour techniques. Although I have used salt on silk paintings, I hadn't tried on paper before. I used this link for the snowy sky. Despite having grandparents who painted, I never listened to advice and rebelled against attempts to get me to do it their way, so am self taught and learning from my mistakes.
I'm not cooking much while my recent hand surgery heals up so tonight's dinner is a takeaway treat, the new McDonalds plantburger - can't wait. TV will be more episodes of After Life (Ricki Gervais), catch up of The Apprentice and probably a glass of wine.... back soon, have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by.
That snowy sky is fantastic, you've captured that odd glow to the sky!
ReplyDeleteYour local manor house is stunning, I love those timbered buildings, you can squint and imagine men with ruffs and ladies with pearl-encrusted hoods wandering around outside.
Wasn't Edge of War brilliant? I was glued to my seat. By coincidence Neville Chamberlain was from Edgbaston, where the Birmingham Botanical Gardens are and his dadJoseph was the mayor of Birmingham, Dishoon is in Chamberlain Square - life is full of strange coincidences.
Good move, resting that hand of yours and having a takeawy, Enjoy! xxx
Hello Betty, love your snowy trees and delicate fern painting. The salt works really well in the sky doesn't it! I long to get my paint brushes out but I'm too busy working and revising lately :( The catkins are so jolly. There was an article on my local news tonight - Netflix have put After Life benches all over, including one at Falmouth's Pavilion Garden. Have a wonderful weekend xXX
ReplyDeleteI like your painting very much and will be checking out the link. Salt is fun but I think I need a thicker grain. I tried some on my bookmarks and it didn't work out the way it has before.
ReplyDeleteI watched The Edge of War on Tuesday and agree. It was good. We started the new season of After Life, too -- we have a few more episodes to go. I love all those characters! Happy weekend. Glad to see you painting!
Betty, I read that to recover a culandrillo you have to do the following: submerge the pot in warm water for five minutes, and then place it in a place of mild temperature. In not many weeks it should start to regrow. Will it work?
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's the climate where it's at, it doesn't thrive in very cold climates.
I still have one of your lovely silk painted lavender bags from a long ago swap!
ReplyDeleteI havent yet found any catkins, i love to see the first ones, so Spring like.
A little black cat plodding through the snow would be perfect in your snow scene but if not, I would still order some as Xmas cards!!Love the sky! Can't wait to go walking.....anywhere!!! xxx
ReplyDeleteself learning brings peace of mind because it gives you fruit of your own seed of thought so true i agree dear Betty
ReplyDeletei truly loved the snow sky ,it looks calm and captivating indeed !
loved the shots from your walk too but could not locate the deer unfortunately
the branch on your diary page is pretty as well
best wishes for your days ahead
it is good to be back with you friend!
I want to take watercolor painting classes. Like your painting
ReplyDeleteI love your watercolours. I hear you on not being interested in grandparents who were accomplished painters. My grandfather was a lovely watercolour painter, we have three of his paintings hanging in our house. I wish I had been more interested and seen him paint. I love watercolour painting now.
ReplyDeleteHope it's all as lovely and relaxed as it sounds! The Apprentice incites great passion here in this house, but I try to keep my blood pressure well away!
ReplyDeleteHello Betty, :=) Thank you for your surprise visit. You do well to rest your hand. I think the manor house might be Elizabethan. I like your small water colour, but didn't know about the salt practise. I'm an artist, went to an art college, at least I still think of myself as an artist, although I do very little these days. I used pastel and oils mostly. I can not see all the programs you see on TV, but I do enjoy a glass of wine or two.
ReplyDeleteAll the best.
I think You tube video are great. That where I learn to crochet.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Love your snowy sky! I'm the same: learning from my own mistakes and not listening to advice. :) Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteLove your snowy sky painting. There is so many things to learn from Youtube. Wishing speedy recovery for your hand. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteI binged watched After Life. I loved it!
ReplyDeleteI'll check out the war one.
I hope your hand is healing speedily!
I'm wishing for spring but we have snow and cold and our bulbs won't pop up for a long time. Take care, Betty!