I have been watching a lot of tv - currently binge watching Afterlife (Ricky Gervais - my favourite actor) on Netflix - I am just starting on Series 3.
I also watched quite a few episodes of A New Life in the Sun (UK Ch4 relocating to Spain/France/Portugal and creating a business, i.e. alpaca farm, French gites, brewery) I never get tired of imagining I am right there doing it all with them!
Plenty of time sitting around flipping through library books
It has been mostly grey and foggy in sunny Surrey, not much to see outside. I am really appreciating my indoor plants right now. Orchids last so much longer than cut flowers and no scent (hubby is allergic to some strong smelling flowers like hyacinth so they are for outdoors only).
My Christmas amarylis bulb opened up this week to reveal a delightful peach pink with pale stripe.
I was given a soup maker for Christmas, it's really good - soup in 30 minutes start to finish! Will be great when I am back at work for quick lunches.
Todays walk was short and involved a bar of chocolate, too cold to stay out long but nice to chat to some neighbours about plans for our June street party. For most of the last 27 years our street has a bbq/party every Summer. When our children were growing up we used to club together to rent a bouncy castle and place it on a front lawn, we would bring our chairs and fold up tables out, wheel our bbq along, bring some wine and food and all share and tuck in, starting mid afternoon and continuing late until the wine and beer ran out! ... this year will be really special as we will also be celebrating the Queen's Jubilee.
Not much else to report here at Touchwood - your news/comments are always welcome.
Did i miss a post? I hadnt realised thatyou were having surgery, Betty, so sorry. I'm sure it's not easy having one hand incapacitated. I do hope you are back to normal soon.
ReplyDeleteYour Amaryllis is so pretty. There have been so many different ones shown on peoples' blogs recently. Mine is growing another stem hopefully with more flowers!
I just started following you. Get well soon🌸
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are on the trail to healing. I had surgery last year, March I think, on my left thumb. Recovery always seemed slow.
ReplyDeleteWe lived at our former house for 27 years, had all the things you talked about.
I hope you are doing okay as your hand mends Betty. Everyone here is talking about that Ricky Gervais programme/series ... I think I need to watch it as its getting good feedback from my friends.
ReplyDeleteLove your amaryllis flowers! And the soupmaker sounds ideal! And such a lovely neighbourhood you live in, having these great streetparties! Take care, hope your hand heals soon!
ReplyDeleteJust be patient and soon you will be back to normal. It's good to enjoy the little things.
ReplyDeleteYou're being really sensible, far too many poeple rush the recovery process, these things take time,
ReplyDeleteI'm anxiously awaiting the blooming for my Amaryllis, it's got a way to go to catch up with your beautiful specimen. Your home looks so cosy and the soup delicious. How exciting to start making plans for the party, I love having something to look forward to.
We love a Place in the Sun, too. I have to drag Jon out for a walk on a Saturday or he'll happily spend all day watching it! xxx
I will be so excited to hear about how you celebrate the Jubilee. We'll do it here, too -- albeit in a much smaller way (my fave Brit-loving friend for tea!) We'll wait till the May celebrations, though I'll do a little thing for Rick and me on Feb. 6.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your surgery is over and know that the healing process is really frustrating but you'll have it under your belt in no time. Meanwhile, take it easy, do all they say and all will be well.
We will start binging After Life tonight. One of my favorites. Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend!
I like watching A Place in the Sun also. I love all the pools they ogle!
ReplyDeleteHope your recovery continues to go well!
Shower with a plastic bag can be a pain. I'm sure it will all be back to normal again.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Hello dear Betty! Oh, the neighborhood get together sounds wonderful! I love it that you do that! I'm so sorry that you have to wait for your wrist to heal, but I'm super glad that you have taken care of it. The soup maker sounds like a brilliant idea. We just got a juice extractor and Bill and I are feeling quiet smug about consuming so many veggies and fruits. It's very fun! We had a sunny day today and walked about a little bit. I hope you have a lovely spring. Not too long now. xo
ReplyDeleteHi Betty!! Rest that hand!!! I hope you recover quickly! A soup maker?? I'm VERY intrigued...must look that up!! :)
ReplyDelete