Happy New Year.
My resolution this year is 'Be Kind'
| Archive: daffodil watercolour |
We took the Christmas decorations down, it feels very empty and bare without them. I like the dried wreath I made so much I moved it to the bedroom wall. I will enjoy it until it falls apart (which it probably will as I didn't use any fixative).
| Archive: tulips watercolour practice |
I am isolating before some minor hand surgery then will be off work for a few weeks. Sso if I post on this blog over the next few weeks, it may just be pictures and no words while things rest and heal. Sorry I may not be leaving comments on your blogs during this time, if it's difficult I will do this (o) which means I passed by and made a ripple ... this is a lovely idea that Ook! blog uses.
I have lots of library books to read, my paints and a colouring book my friend gave me which I haven't started yet. I might also find there's time to start a family tree for my mother as I know very little about her.
| archive: silk painted spring flowers |
If a plot comes up for me, younger son has promised to dig it and help me a bit :) So I took optimism one step further and joined our local horticultural society shop (plants, soil, seeds etc.) which is non profit making. It didn't cost much so I also gifted my allotment owning friend a membership too :)
| Archive: coal tit |
I can't go to the gym/pool for a while now but had a lovely swim on Friday. I also found the sauna empty for all of 10 minutes so made the most of it. Our gym backs on to a riding stable, it's so nice to glide up and down the pool under the gaze of the horses peeking out of their stables.
Hope this New Year gives us all good health and the end of covid.
I hope the surgery goes well Betty!! And I also hope you get a nice big allotment! I'm going through my seeds this week to see which ones need replacing or rebuying. I am slowly rebuilding my garden after the first summer disaster!! Your flowers and bird paintings are beautiful!! ♥♥
ReplyDeleteWishing you success with your hand surgery, and with getting an allotment to grow your own veggies, dear Betty!
ReplyDeleteI don't usually make new year resolutions, but something has happened to me recently, so I find myself saying:'Be kind to yourself and to others'!
Good luck with your op.
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the best for the surgery, Betty! I loved that idea of a ripple - what a great idea.
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting about the allotment and even better that you've got a willing helper.
I bet your art will be even more beautiful when you're all healed! xxx
Betty tries to get you back soon around here we will be waiting for you to tell us how your advances in horticulture are going
ReplyDeleteYour paintings are all beautiful. Good luck with your operation.I have just been diagnosed with Raynaud's Phenomenon so also finding it difficult to use my fingers when I get an attack. Waiting to be seen at the hospital but I think due to covid will be a long wait. Hugs Mrs A.
ReplyDeleteI hope the surgery is a breeze. I had hand surgery for Dupuytrens contracture a few yrs ago. All went well.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you. It was nice to catch up, lets hope 2022 is going to be kind to us all xxx
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the best for your surgery Betty - I will be thinking of you. Sometimes its nice to have time to rest our bodies & our minds. Your creative mind will still find ways to keep active I am sure. I feel excited for your regarding the allotment.
ReplyDeleteTook our tree, rest way down. I didn't make any resolution this year. just work on being better person.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Happy New Year! Those are beautiful paintings. We all need a little kindness, so let us be kind to one another.
ReplyDeleteLove your spring flower paintings, Betty! 'Be kind' is a wonderful resolution! I hope your surgery goes well! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteAll the best with the hand mending.
ReplyDeleteYou should be fine by the time the good gardening weather arrives!
Hello Betty,:=) So sorry about your hand, and hope your surgery goes well. Lovely water colours!
ReplyDeleteAll the best from Portugal.
How fun to look forward to your allotment! Yes, lots of reading there. And I do love those practice tulips so much!
ReplyDeleteSending all good wishes for a successful surgery with a quick and easy recovery. All good wishes for the Happy New Year and many thanks to your visits and wonderful comments on my blog. If "Kind" is your word, you are starting off on a good note. Take care and enjoy those books!
...under the gaze of horses peeking out of their stables. What fun! As are all of your plans for plants, soil and seeds. Take care of that hand. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteBe Kind is a good idea!
ReplyDeleteYour paintings are beautiful- especially that Tit!
I do hope you get your allotment!
Your swim sounds very lovely- I'd love a swim with a natural view.
Good luck with your hand surgery and recovery!
How on earth did I miss your post Betty! I hope your surgery goes / went well. The painting plan sounds heavenly, as does that 10 minute sauna you managed to get in. I too am on a waiting list for an allotment (closest one has a big list), so enjoy looking round other people's for now. Take care and happy healing xXx p.s. love your flower paintings!!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your watercolours.
ReplyDeleteHope your surgery goes well ... take care.
All the best Jan
I have seen allotments in English mysteries, and they are all productive and lovely. Take photos when it happens?
ReplyDeleteHoping all goes well with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery.
ReplyDelete