On Christmas Eve I opened my presents.
I had a beautiful parcel from my blogging friend Annie. Crammed full of goodies from Scotland, tartan tissues, Highland teabags, jelly babies (Irn-bru), a beautiful little crochet gold star, a new diary,haggis flavoured chocolate! A lovely map of the Highlands linen tea towel and a teaspoon rest. I hope I didn't leave anything out! So lovely to have such nice things chosen so thoughtfully :) thank you Annie.
I also had a lovely festive fragranced yankee candle from my friend who I help at the allotment sometimes.
At work I was given some money and headed straight to Ian Snows website (thanks to my friend Vix for showing me their wonderful website last year) - their things sell out fast, a few things I liked disappeared before my very eyes! including these fabulous recycled plastic baubles which sold out early this month - I kicked myself for not buying way back.
Imagine my delight when they emailed on 22nd to say they were back in stock - and in the sale! Even better, they arrived on Christmas eve - wrapped in a lovely recycled sari silk bag.
I also bought a book....
| Source: Amazon, Wild Creations, Hilton Carter |
The best Christmas present was having us all home together, our sons are here and we enjoyed Christmas dinner together (quite late in the evening as I was working the day). Hubby cooked the turkey and I made the table look pretty and cooked the veg.
Our dinner set is special, it only comes out once a year for Christmas and holds lots of happy Christmas memories for us all (the tablecloth is wrapping paper)
After clearing dinner, I tidied the table up and put out our polka dot Christmas/birthday tablecloth which I made many years ago. Probably the easiest thing you could ever make, I have never seen anything in the shops I liked as much as this one :)
Our crackers contained a racing reindeer game…
Hope everyone in Blogland enjoyed their Christmas day as much as I did.
That sounds like a lovely day, Betty. I love your tabledecorations, and the cloth too.
ReplyDeletebest and most beautiful thing you mentioned here is that your precious sons could join you for the Christmas dear Betty :) i felt so happy and serene for you my dear friend and for all fortunate moms who were rewarded with this opportunity !
ReplyDeletethe gift from Annie look and sound amazing and sweet to me . glad you finally got back your favorite decorations on store :)
i loved the dinner table glimpse looks stunning !
yes i think each house contains such a set of crockery that comes out on special occasions like this :) your set looks elegant ! and beautifully decorated table i must say .
such moments are priceless certainly when all family is at same place at same time to celebrate for same reason :) more blessings to you and loved ones dear Betty!
I had 2 celebrations...one on Christmas eve and one Christmas day. Just posted eve photos.
ReplyDeleteFamily gathering (parents and sons), and opening of wonderful presents - how lovely your Christmas must have been!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed at the thoughtfulness and creativity of some of my blogging friends. I am taking notes! Your table looked wonderful. I also love the tablecloth you made.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post Betty. Merry Christmas - I am back from my Mums & just trying to catch up with everyone's posts. I love the parcel from Anne - yes she sends the most wonderful goodies!! I bought myself a book too at Christmas. Your table looks so special all decorated Betty. xx
ReplyDeleteI really like world globe ornament.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Glad you enjoyed your Christmas day.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a wonderful 2022, Betty!
I'm so glad you all had a lovely Xmas! Annie's parcel looked fabulous and I'm thrilled that you got hold of some of those globes! Ian Snow rocks! xxx
ReplyDeleteThis sounds just perfect! Your table is gorgeous -- I love your Santa china and dinner looked delicious! The wrapping paper table cover is brilliant and I really love your Christmas/birthday cloth! Those globe ornaments are great and I love how they packaged them. I'm just thrilled it was a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect Christmas XX
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lovely day Betty with your family. Annie's parcel is amazing! What could be more Scottish than haggis flavoured chocolate, irn-bru jelly babies and tartan tissue!!! Go steady with that racing reindeer game, looks like it could be dangerous after a tipple or two ;) xXx
ReplyDeleteI wish you a Happy new year !
ReplyDeleteA very Happy New Year from here to there - thank you for all the forest joy x
ReplyDeleteThose globes are the best. I always like to look up a place on a globe which gives you the exact bearing of where it is (with respect to where you are)
ReplyDeleteThat was a wonderful Christmas celebration with your family. Looks so festive. Wishing you the best for the New Year.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a lovely Christmas! Your table is very pretty!
ReplyDeleteYour presents are lovely as are your decorations- I love that Eucalyptus!x
ReplyDelete