Joining in with Rain's art group the theme was Christmas future....
(Updated with linky Rain Frances: Thursday Art Date: December Holidays: ✨ Christmas Future ✨)
I painted this little fireside scene last year.
This is the kind of open log fire I would like to have when I retire one day -
so Christmas future perhaps :)
I love your fireside scene. It makes me smile.
ReplyDeleteHappy to make you smile Jeanie, Merry Christmas
DeleteWarming and lovely!
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping in Christine :) Happy Christmas
DeleteOh nice . Warm Wishes Betty. Thanks for dropping by my blog
ReplyDeleteMuch 💜love
Hi Gellena, Happy Christmas
DeleteYour painting is lovely. We have a wood burning stove and I like nothing better than sitting soaking up its warmth at this time of year. It is far more efficient than an open fire place (where most of the heat goes up the chimney) and just as lovely to look at (ours has a lovely big pane of glass). I hope you get to enjoy a fire of some sort when you retire.
ReplyDeleteThank you sustainablemum, I know someone who has a log burner with the glass window like yours, I can't help but be green with envy! they look so beautiful, I didn't know they were more efficient than a fire place.
DeleteBetty, how I would like to spend Christmas cold, to be able to eat very rich and high-calorie things!
ReplyDeleteIt's hot around here and we just want to eat fresh food. My regards from Argentina
Its fairly mild here Norma, no snow for us in the sunny South of England
DeleteI'm not sure what I would do for Christmas future. But I'm sure it will be around for many generation.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Hopefully you will be retired with your feet up in front of a log fire Dora :)
DeleteAnother beautiful piece of art, I can almost feel the warmth of that fire! xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you vix
DeleteI predict another Xmas card for sale in the future! Love this, especially the little Xmas tree just showing to the side. Merry Christmas Betty.xxx
ReplyDeleteLove your painting and I am with you ... love a good wood burning fire in a fireplace. It just sounds warm. I have had fireplaces in every home since I was a kid. Don't think I would be happy without it. Stay warm ... Merry Christmas to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteAndrea @ From the Sol
What a wonderful painting, so cosy and warm! Thank you, Betty, for visiting my other blog. I've neglected my painting blog for such a long time, haven't been painting much. And I neglected my dear blogfriends, like you. Wishing you a wonderful Xmas! xxx
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful Betty! I love being in front of a log fire in the winter!!! Merry Christmas!!! ♥♥
ReplyDeleteI remember your pretty fire place painting from last year Betty. Oh yes, that would be lovely to sit in front of, warming the ol' tootsies up. Merry Christmas to you xXx
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
ReplyDeletehttps://youtu.be/h3laTG0FFag
your wood fire would be nice to have. :)
ReplyDeleteHope your Christmas was merry and bright.
ReplyDeleteLovely, colorful fireside scene!
ReplyDeleteMay you have much warmth and beauty in your future Christmas!
oh this is cozy and comforting sight for eyes dear Betty and i am sure you will have this log fire when retire hopefully! amen
ReplyDeleteIsn't that lovely!
ReplyDelete