Just a brief catch up of my last couple of weeks
On my trip to the garden centre recently the staff pointed out their resident robin.
Robin pops in whenever he wants, stays all day sometimes and is very tame - so tame I was able to walk right up to him.
This is his favourite spot by the till, he likes to be near the customers
and sings for us.
Painting yesterday.
The same painting with salt on the background
I have been reading this book, there are some beautiful places in here to visit and I will try and do some of them during the Summer months.
Other news is that we have had the plumber out and a dishwasher repairer (3 times) and the electrician, they say these things come in threes. A few years ago we had this house exorcised by our local church due to 'activity' mainly centred around the kitchen/electrics... looks like 'it' is trying to get noticed again footsteps upstairs, doors that close when nobody is there - we are so used to it. The strange thing is, this is a new build house, built for us 27 years ago, nobody else ever lived here.... Make of it what you will :)
Sweet Robin, beautiful painting!
ReplyDeleteI love your daff paintings -- both of them! They're one of my favorite flowers and both your paintings really capture them. I love the English robins. They're cuter than our American ones!
ReplyDeleteThat Robin is delightful Betty ... I would've loved to have visited that Garden Centre & found a wee friend. I hope you get your odd issues sorted out ... maybe the house was built on an old burial site or something similar??
ReplyDeleteWhat a treat to have a sweet little robin!
ReplyDeleteThings do have a habit of coming in threes don't they. Your daffodil painting is lovely. Robin's can be so tame can't they. I read somewhere that although they live all over Europe it is only in this country that they are so tame.
ReplyDeleteThe goings on in your house sound so strange, I wonder if the land your house is built on has a history that is leading to it? We had goings on like that when we first lived in our current house up until the time my children were small, you have reminded me that I have not been aware of any for years now, we have lived here for 19 years.
I would guess it will be end of March until a robin will be coming around. Plumbers and electrician are costly, a lease in my area.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Love your daffodils! And the little robin is so sweet. I don't see robins here in my urban environment. But I heard a blackbird singing early this morning! Spring is on the way! I hope 'it' of whatever it is in your house will stay quiet.
ReplyDeleteOh how lovely to have a resident Robin! His perch made me smile - on the bird feeders :)
ReplyDeleteStrange goings on indeed. The land your house is built on must have an interesting history
xx
How cute is that cheeky little robin? They're almost human the way they seek us out and cock their heads to one side, waiting for us to chat!
ReplyDeleteYour painting is gorgeous, so full of hope and joy. The book looks like its jam packed with inspiration.
How weird about all your electrics. I wonder if Sustainable Mum has got a point about what stood on the land before your house was built. Whatever it is, I hope it gets sorted soon! xxx
Hiya Betty chuck, well that cute robin has the right idea hanging out at 'Peckish' corner! ;) Your painted daffodils are so very jolly and beautiful. I am going with the land history theory - unless you have a family heirloom ventriloquist dummy boxed up in the attic that you are not telling us about??? How exciting to have had a real life exorcism! I hope there was no Linda Blair head spinning or crab walking involved :0 xXx
ReplyDeleteHope the "problems" are soon all at an end and repairs done! Love the robin. I want to learn watercolor!
ReplyDeleteHello Betty, :=) Delightful daffodil water colour paintings. That sweet robin is not at all like the timid robins which visit my feeders. They fly away at my slightest movement.
ReplyDeleteTheir song is so beautiful, and I often wake up in the morning to a robin singing. Very strange goings on in your home, I wonder what is the cause. It doesn't seem to bother you, as you say you are used to it.
Take care
My best wishes from Portugal.
I loved the daffodils specially the second painting with salty background had me .
ReplyDeleteRobin is so cute.yes they are friendly often.the pair of robin nestle in our pommegranant evey year.they have sweet voice indeed.
I hope your strange issues get solved asap.
Blessings