The train to Edinburgh never left the platform due to bad weather, so sadly we didn't get to meet up with blogging buddy Annie or get to the Christmas market or do the ghost walk! We will try again next year! We were still 'on holiday' and instead we watched Christmassy films and focused on all things Christmas.....
Aren't the shops around here looking lovely! They seem to be supporting the local florist as many have these beautiful door decorations of fresh foliage. Even the estate agent has conjured up a lovely little village in snow.
I was very lucky to find some vintage baubles for my collection in a local antique and bric-a-brac shop ...
They are used but well cared for in original box. Probably late 70s early 80s, I will do my tree on 12th December and also make my front door wreath then.
Meanwhile, I made an indoor wreath for the wall in our lounge - the eucalyptus is fresh but everything else is dried. The hydrangea flowers and pinecones are from the garden. The little gold birds were found in a shop in Brighton.
We are celebrating my younger son's 23rd birthday on Monday, he doesn't want to go out for a meal, but asked me to make him a curry (I will make a chicken curry, bombay potatoes and lentil dahl. We have a very good shop near here that supplies all fresh ingredients, dried spices and more so it's a great excuse to pop over for a browse!






I'm so disapointed that your trip was postponed - if it's not Covid, it's the weather...arghhh!
ReplyDeleteAs you know, I'm not a fan of Xmas but I do love your wreath and would happily have that up in my house, it's beautiful.
Does this mean that your son and I are birthday twins? I'm going for my first restaurant curry since I was in Mumbai in February 2020 tomorrow. I'll be so excited I'll probably be drunk by the time I get to there!
happy Birthday to your son! xxx
Thank you Vix, I understand your feelings on Christmas I don't embrace it full on for lots of reasons but do enjoy decorating I am working Christmas day this year so the men will be cooking! If you are born 6th December then yes, my son is indeed your birthday twin!
DeleteYour wreath is lovely
ReplyDeleteThank you Angela, I had a lot of enjoyment making it and also squirreling away the bits and pieces during the previous months :)
DeleteI'm sorry your trip was postponed. I hope you can make it happen soon. I agree your wreath is lovely.
ReplyDeleteStill getting over my disappointment! Your wreath is really beautiful. Happy Birthday to Little Son. xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful baubles..far better than the modern plastic ones!
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame your trip was not possible, maybe there will be another time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful, professional wreath that is! I'm about to mae my own this year. I have a lawn full of moss and I'm sure I can use that as a backing, and find some berries etc.
Oh Betty - I felt so disappointed when I read your first line here today - so I can imagine how well disappointed both You & Anne were. Never mind- as you say, theres always next year. You have still done some lovely Christmassy things & your wreath looks wonderful. Wishing your son the happiest of birthdays - staying in for a curry sounds mighty fine to me!!!
ReplyDeleteThat shop entrance IS pretty -- and I really love your vintage finds. It's so nice when you can get it with the packaging. What a shame about your trip. Hopefully you and Annie can meet up soon. Meanwhile, you'll be busy with the holidays. That wreath is a stunner and all the more special, knowing they were your own blooms. Thanks for coming by and leaving me such a lovely comment on my last post. I always value your visits. Wishing you a joyful week.
ReplyDeleteI love this post ~ lots of inspiration. I am taking notes!
ReplyDeleteHope you will enjoy your trip next year and get to meet up with your blogger friend. Pretty Christmas decorations.
ReplyDeleteYour wreath is beautiful. Sad you could not do your trip. Happy Birthday to your son.
ReplyDeleteOoh err, I like your baubles Betty! Poo that platform 9 3/4 was closed for your planned train adventure. Beautiful wreath :) I have been gathering materials this morning, but they're just sat there now in the rain, and I'm indoors on the tea and laptop. 23 is a great age. You are a good mum, making your son a nice chicken curry. Enjoy the celebration. Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteSo many happy seasonal pictures. I too love your wreath and those beautiful vintage Baubles.
ReplyDeleteJacquie x
At this time of the year, the weather usually interferes with our plans.
ReplyDeleteI'm always impressed by how seriously people (including you) refer to Christmas decorations. The results are beautiful!
Happy Birthday to your son!
A shame you couldn't go on your trip.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing all of your Christmassy photographs.
Happy birthday wishes to your son ... enjoy the curry.
All the best Jan
Happy birthday to your son! I'm so sorry that the storm prevented you from seeing Annie! Boo! I like those vintage Christmas baubles.
ReplyDeleteSorry your trip didn't go ahead, what a great find the vintage baubles are.
ReplyDeleteHi Betty! I'm sorry you couldn't make your trip. That's so disappointing. I'm sure you'll meet up next year though! ♥
ReplyDelete