Saturday, 30 October 2021

Happy Halloween!





If you haven't had time to carve a pumpkin this year, you are welcome to share mine - just take a screen shot and post it on your blog (would you put a link to my blog? that means someone new might visit here and I might get to visit their blog too - it's always fun to discover someone new in the farest corners of Blogland)


Tonight we will be lighting our pumpkins, when they are finished we will take them to a tree in the woods that has always felt special and leave them for the birds and woodland creatures to eat.  





I noticed I have some new followers but I have been unable to find a link on your profiles to visit you, if you leave a comment I think I could get the link and visit your blog if you have a few moments some time......



Happy Halloween!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Betty! :0 :) Well, your local woodland creatures are in for a treat. Hope you have a wonderful day xXx

    Thank you, I have added your wonderful pussy cat pumpkin to the end of my last post. I am too dis-organised to do a halloween post this year - plus we not have a pumpkin yet (waiting for those Monday sales). Last year I made the kids carve turnips and potatoes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fine pumpkin! It's my daughters Bday so bI have sort of a tribute to her, but will share your work and link tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween Betty!! 🎃🎃🎃
    Your pumpkins are wonderful! I do the same, they go to a particular area in my woods where I know they'll be savoured! A Blessed Samhain to you too my friend!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween, hope your not to ghoulish.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your pumpkins. Years ago i did a cat carving on a pumpkin with a moon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween dear Betty !

    i liked the art on first pumpkin it's cool indeed .

    it is nice to have new blogging friends always i agree :)
    i can imagine the mysterious light in forest near you by you .
    reminds me some festival back in village when boys would hold huge mashals ( burning piece of rubber i think at the edge of long wooden stick ) and would march upwards the hills while reciting some verses .i doubt that is still celebrated .
    blessings to you and loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh your pumpkins look amazing Betty! We still don't really celebrate Halloween here so much ... I see a few gateways decorated with spiders & webs but thats about it. I think putting them in the woods for the birds & creatures to eat is a simply perfect idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've greatly enjoyed contemplating your carved pumpkins!
    We don't celebrate Halloween, and don't usually pay much attention to pumpkins except for their lovely color, so a post like yours is a pleasure and delight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ran out of time to carve my pumpkin but I will carve it for Thanksgiving in a few weeks. I'll make it a lantern with lots of tiny holes! I'm glad you had fun and how kind of you to take the pumpkins to the woods so the creatures can have a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful! I hope your Halloween was great -- and thanks for your visit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely pumpkins. So creative. I love the effect you get from just removing the outer skin.
    Thanks for your kind comment over at my blog.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pumpkin was a work of art Betty - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.