Today they are back on as nipped down to the shop on the other side of the woods (like little red riding hood) in my new shoes with my shopping bag to get a few things. Not driving today as it's Friday 13th and I am a very superstitious person, I have the lucky black cat, but still worry. I was testing out my new Lotta clogs today which are super comfy and go with everything I own... thanks to my blogging friend *Vix* for discovering them and sharing on her blog - she has many pairs - Lotta of Stockholm is a Swedish lady who brings these lovely cloggy shoes here for us to enjoy, at reasonable prices - very well made. As I have a wonky foot I am delighted to find something pretty that is also comfy.
Finished my book, The Boy with the Topknot, it made me laugh out loud sometimes. This story was about a young man of Pakistani heritage growing up in Wolverhampton in a family with mental health issues... funny in places, heavy in others but worth reading. My next book is
Finished this weeks work shifts So now I have a few days off to relax.... yesterday I did bodypump at the gym and tomorrow I have a pilates classand bodypump back to back classes to look forward to, then a bit of swimming ending in a sauna (hair treatment on whilst cooking) to make it a really perfect 'love your body' day!
There was a kilo of chicken needing to be used by tomorrow so I marinated and cooked chicken tikka for the men to have in wraps for lunch tomorrow. Am trying to get ahead a bit by batch cooking and using up left overs. Earlier in the week I had cooked and frozen multiple chicken curry and lentil dahl which will save me some time when I am on lates next week.
I dried some herbs from the garden earlier in the week and bagged them up today so they are airtight.
I went online and ordered some muslin to make lavender bags. (I also put in an online order for BarryM nail colours and cuticle oil as they have some good offers on).
We have had so much rain that the garden is very slow this year - so I think it will be looking its best in late Summer. I'm not going to complain about a bit of rain when there are countries suffering wild fires at the moment - climate change is affecting so many people in different ways and it will soon be beyond our grasp to correct or slow the damage we have caused to this planet.
When we get sunny intervals I nip out and lie on my garden chairs - yesterday I took a blanket and went to sleep for an hour and Mollie cat joined me (she slept under my chair but I awoke to find her next to me, on her back, with her feet up just like me!). She lets me stroke her feet now, but if hubby touches them she swipes him!
Back to the kitchen - but only to admire my handiwork - my breadmachine did all the work for the wholemeal loaf. I have another in the machine now which will be ready at bedtime! Sliced and frozen that's next week's packed lunches taken care of.
Mollie has a boyfriend, I tried to film him but didn't have the camera on! He's twice her size, light grey tabby with a deep voice and has taken over our conservatory - nothing would move him - will try to get a picture of him - she isn't impressed.












Betty I love that you mentioned Little Red Riding Hood!!! :) And NO to answer your question, I've never had a pair of shoes fit that well that I can wear them out of the box, lucky you!!! I always felt that Friday the 13th was a lucky day for me! Oh my gosh your pizza looks so good!!! I can't cook tonight, it's so hot out! Sandwiches again! Oh Mollie! :))) Your garden flowers are beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI have just finished reading the Wild Silence ..a good choice.
ReplyDeleteFriday 13 is not a bad day...13 is just a number for change...make it a change for the good!
Rain or not, your garden is looking pretty
Whole lorra love for your Lottas! You've been a busy little bee this week. Your culinary skills look and sound delicious! Those men of yours are lucky to have you!Molly's paramour sounds like he's on a hiding to nothing!Have a good weekend Betty.xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Betty! Your new shoes are very cute!
ReplyDeleteI do love your kitty and the bread looks delish!
Lovely flowers! Enjoy everything.
ReplyDeleteI also have a bread machine. And she is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYour sandals are beautiful! Kisses
Lady Samy
Love your new shoes Betty. I can just imagine you like Little Red riding Hood. I am superstitious on Black Friday too - its a funny thing that never goes away with me. All your cooking looks so wonderful - that bread looks delicious. Mollie is looking so healthy & happy now Betty. xx
ReplyDeleteI didn't even realize it was Friday 13th until Monsieur pointed out that I looked like something from Camp Crystal Lake with my tight red t shirt, hiking boots and what I call my 'Ray Mears' shorts :0 :0 :0 Your Lotta shoes are lovely Betty and they do look comfy! Mollie cat must sense a kindred spirit when you are both snooze basking in the sun together :) Well, that pizza looks delicious. What a great idea on the library online magazines (Hmmm, I wonder if my library does that...) Hope you have a few wonderful relaxy days. Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful day, the perfect mix of busy and self-care!
ReplyDeletei liked your shoes so much dear Betty ,it looks very stylish and pretty in your feet indeed :)
ReplyDelete,sorry rains disturbing your routine walks probably ,here no rain in my small city but much rainfall has happened throughout the country .
gorgeous flowers and i am nt familiar the one with blue border stunning !
your pizza looks delicious and whole meal bread looks tasty as well ,glad you found other machine to do this for you .
good to take care of your mind and body my friend :)
Mollie will be comfortable with your husband too in time i believe :)
you eat books about Pakistani character and eat chicken Tikka that makes me feel closer to you :)
more blessings to you and loved ones!
We didn't realise it was Friday 13th until midday and isn't that when the unlucky bit finishes and we're safe from disaster (or am I thinking of 1st April?)
ReplyDeleteI have had a pair of shoes so lovely I had to wear them straightway - they're called Lottas! I'm so happy you love yours as much as I do and I absolutely adore the colour, I might need some to add to my collection! They look absolutely perfect with that twin of my skirt!!
The bread look delicious and the garden is so colourful and pretty. I'm not surprised Mollie has an admirer, she's beautiful! xxx
Those shoes look comfy.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I love clogs too so will take a note of those ones - shoes have to be comfy and those look really lovely x
ReplyDeleteI generally do that...leave my old shoe in the shoe shop and come out wearing the new one :)
ReplyDeleteYour new shoes look very nice and comfortable too.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Shoes are of extreme importance to me, as I have wide feet and rather problematic. I used to wear italian made shoes, but they ceased to import the sort I was looking for, maybe the trend changed and the italians ceased manufacturing it in Italy, as I visitef there and found no trace of them.
ReplyDeleteI usually buy lavender on the market(100-200 gr) and put it into tiny little bags I make, for the cupboards. Cheap and efficient.