Friday, 27 August 2021

The New Normal: Holiday at Home

 I had the whole week off and nothing planned.  I have been to the gym/swimming, eaten lunches in the garden, read library books and been for walks in the woods.

All dressed up and nowhere to go!

kaftan All About Audrey, Italian kid leather belt, charity shop

There was very little cooking to be done this week as hubby (who was not on holiday!) had already batch cooked several meals and I had made and frozen some pizza bases. 







Hubby had business in Brighton so I got a lift on Wednesday and spent most of the afternoon on the beach.  This is what it looked like around town though....















The shop above is just off East Street and I have walked past it so many times and
thought nothing of the lovely aroma coming from it - this time though I stopped right in front and notice the tiny hole at bottom of window frame (visible in pic) and smoke coming out - they must be pumping out their corporate aroma into the streets - clever!  





It was cloudy but warm enough to help me nod off for a few hours......






The cows below were a promotion for a vegan dessert....





 I passed the famous Quadrophenia Alley (1960s Mods and Rockers) and walked in the restful gardens of the Museum which has been largely given to wildflowers this year.  Lunch was beans and rice at Leon...



I was supposed to paint ceilings and I just haven't got round to it  (oops) - but there's always the weekend!......

















22 comments:

  1. Loving that lovely kaftan from All About Aud! Mollie Cat looks gorgeous.
    What fabulous photos of Brighton. I love the Indian place. I've visited that huge Nandi statue, it's in the hills above Mysore. How fab are the parrots and bird cages and that lovely florists?
    Your day on the beach sounds a lot more fun than painting ceilings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That window was an Indian restaurant, maybe they have a connection to Mysore - currently closed - think it's new - hope to try it out in the future :)

      Delete
  2. I love Brighton, its so alive, the shops are so interesting. As for painting, we're in UK so there are always rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit of kaftan and leather belt!
    The cat is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta - just seemed a shame to be in a wardrobe when it could be on me!

      Delete
  4. I love your photos of Brighton Betty - always do & would love to visit it some day. Maybe when the world is not covid ridden. Your hanging basket looks beautiful. I am pleased you did not have to cook many meals - I am finding the cooking a bit endless at the moment & trying to do meals that will last more than one night. Have a great weekend Betty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you get ther one day Julie - we would love to buy a home there but it's very expensive, lucky we are only 45 minutes away and every time I go it's different :)

      Delete
  5. "All dressed up and nowhere to go." I love it! I dress us every single day except when I am painting. All of my clothes are dress up clothes. And, I wear lots of dresses. What a great hanging basket arrangement...lots of vines surely dresses up the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would love to see your 'dress up clothes' I think in the UK we are a bit too practical at times and need to have more fun with our clothes :)

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed that wee jaunt around Brighton!It's still on my bucket list! Plenty of time for decorating when it's lashing it down outdoors!!Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, you're right - there's going to be plenty of wet weekendsahead for decorating :)

      Delete
  7. What an explosion of colours. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful kaftan, love the colour :) I enjoyed your Brighton pictures. Thought those cows in the lanes were real before I clicked on the image!!!

    Wow, I didn't know there was a Quadrophenia Alley. I think it about time I finally watch that movie!

    I remember chatting with a lovely lady who had a gift shop on Eastbourne Pier - her son had worked on the movie (I'm sure she said Assistant Director) and it was him that insisted putting the actors on harnesses in the Beachy Head scene. She said it was a good job as one of them went over the top by accident! Apparently the wind whips up the cliffs, circles round and pulls people off :0

    Now I do fancy a trip to that hat shop. Have a wonderful weekend Betty. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched that film for so many years and I had a library book of secret places in Brighton and was amazed at how many places I blindly walk past (like Quadrohenia Alley) - I never get bored with it but do worry that blogland might!

      Delete
  9. The amount of times that I have been to Brighton and cant believe that I have never noticed Quadrophenia Alley!.I usually look in that shop window as well,because my Hubby has got a few of their t shirts.Love the film,Ive watched it lots of times.I am back down Brighton in a couple of weeks,so I will make a point of having my photo took there,lol.Thank you for sharing your photos!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a blog? I couldn't find a link. Would love to see your pics - I bet you see things that I haven't noticed, it's so crammed with interesting little surprises , even the graffiti/wall art changes frequently!

      Delete
    2. I dont have a blog...Im not very clever with teccy things,lol.I just tend to ramble on in comments!.It the only thing I know how to do on the internet.I dont even know how to put our television on!.I do admire you girls ...and guys..who can do this though!.So Thank you for being here for us.xx

      Delete
  10. Your week sounds serene and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lady Locust, it was a good restful week - I have a fairly stressful job so am feeling very refreshed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Betty! I like the idea of snoozing on the beach. I saw the sea when I visited my mom, but it was cold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have so much to do and no energy. Plan to sell my place and must pack and prep. Ugh. We are in mask mode once again and many places limiting people. Praying all get the vaccine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this looks like a wonderful day out! I've been to Brighton before but failed to venture further than the beach or the North laines, I can see I will have to explore more on my next trip. Fantastic photos too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.