A busy last few days of my holiday at home, I painted the ceiling on the stairway as it was bothering me and we have carpet being laid later in the week so was a good time to get it done... then hubby managed to get the glass out of the oven door for a clean up - very boring but necessary.
![]() |
| Skimmington Castle pub, Wikemedia.org commons |
Then we deserved a reward so had a lovely long walk with a workmate and his partner who showed us the beauty of Reigate Heath on a circular walk, followed by lunch at the Skimmington Castle Pub, which was very good (grilled haloumi cheese salad for the ladies, sausage baguettes for the men). No time for photos of the beautiful heather on the heath as everyone was walking very fast!
This is also the home of the little church inside the windmill I blogged about some years ago ...
As you can see, it is very small inside, opened occasionally during the Summer and special occasions, I attended a service once which was quite beautiful - there's only room for 20 people at most.
All dressed up and nowhere to go .... this week it's my gold pattern hand block print Anokhi top which I won on Ebay for under a tenner not so long ago. It goes well with my denim maxi skirt and lotta clogs which are out of view due to my limited skill with selfies :)
Comfy for a work from home day.






what a nice castle to eat ,looks beautiful indeed .
ReplyDeleteyour walk sounds lovely ,how good you had rain :).we had none since ages though weather has become bearable .
our new net connection is acting bad and goes off once in while for hours ,may be we switch to older one next month.i could not visit blogs therefore .
i think your selfie is awesome except there is bit less light ,you look fabulous .i love seeing you eastern outfits :)
it is always great to have things cleaned which are hard to get in .
i loved these pretty vases and these flowers are absolutely delightful !
more peace ,health and joy to you and loved ones!
A walk with friends and a pub lunch, a lovely slice of normality!
ReplyDeleteThat windmill is gorgeous and I love your cut flowers.
Excellent job on the selfie, that Anokhi top is really pretty.
We'd not had rain here for ages but it's been miserably cold and grey. xxx
Busy seeing family at long last!
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers. They do lift the mood in a room
You seem to have achieved much during the weekend. Nice little church,great outfit, lovely vase with flower! You look awesome in the photo!
ReplyDeleteHi Betty! ☺ You look beautiful! I really love windmills, I find them so interesting, thanks for the photos. Snapdragons are so pretty, one of my favourite flowers too! My weekend was full, lots to do outside still before winter. I have to get some canning done soon! My mind is all over the map lol!
ReplyDeleteI would have loved to have sees the beautiful heather on the heath...What a great walk that must have been! I enjoy your Dressed up and no where to go, for that describes me on most days. In my last comment, I did not mean to mislead you into thinking I have closets full of beautiful dress-up clothing. Quite the opposite in fact, but I do like to look my best every single day and refuse to dress like the guys. I love the little church inside the windmill.
ReplyDeleteHopefully once I retire we can take up the carpet in our home. At our place we have pretty much a breeze all time and if I was starting with bare land or no power source. I would put windmill on our place.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Started painting my staircase yesterday! So far, got one small wall done and I've had enough already. Also trying to chop down a gigantic Hebe at my front door to put my new Buddleia in its place (went for a white one instead of the pink one,which I might buy next year). I've filled up my brown wheelie bin and four large garden refuse sacks in the process. I love your top and also your hair which always looks great. Have a good rest of the week, Betty. I'll write imminently. xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful little church - looks like a charming and quirky place to visit!
ReplyDeleteHello Betty, you look reet lovely in your Anokhi top. I heard walking is the new rock n' roll! What a sweet windmill and how unexpected to find a little church inside. I can imagine that being really popular with weddings. My white snapdragons in the swan planter have only just popped out. Enjoy your flowers and have a wonderful weekend. Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteDoesn’t it feel lovely to get those boring jobs done though?!
ReplyDeleteA windmill near me is used for alternative therapies, reiki and suchlike. The church is very quaint. It’s so nice that these buildings are being used.
My weekend was lovely, it was my birthday 🥳
xx
Lovely photos, the flowers look so pretty in that sweet little vase. Thank you for your visit to my blog, I appreciate you leaving comments.
ReplyDeleteDiana x
I'm so glad you picked those blooms, Betty. It would be a shame to lose them and they're so pretty! Cute blouse and it sounds lovely and productive. Thanks for stopping by today!
ReplyDeleteOh, I do love that tiny church!
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely, as always!
Happy birthday! I hope you felt cherished and celebrated!
xoxo
What a lovely weekend - I would love to visit a windmill! I had a busy weekend walking, picking blackberries, seeing friends, supermarket trip and took another friend to a plant nursery.
ReplyDelete