
The case was for our son to take all his worldly goods to his new house share in London. I lovingly ironed all his work shirts - he has already mentioned popping back at weekends with ironing on a regular basis!
Friday:
I wore an Audrey ('recycled vintage sari') kaftan dress, 1990s Boden jacket and Fatface boots - it was cold but with leggings and long sleeved tee underneath I was cosy.
Hubby drove oldest son to London, leaving me with the contents of the suitcase to hide before 4 sets of house viewers arrived an hour later! I hadn't cleaned the bathrooms or kitchen or done the cat litter tray or cleaned the stairs carpet so had to get a move on, younger son helped before taking the train to Brighton for a day of sunbathing on the beach! Wish I had gone too as he came back having caught the sun :) The viewers came and went, I was glad to get it done, I love my house and am having separation issues to the same level as oldest son's departure!
In the afternoon I took a speed walk round the estate and town - someone had decorated their tree with coloured eggs to brighten up an otherwise grey looking street, which made me smile.
Some people have the most enviable magnolia trees in their gardens - I want one!
I spotted some wild primrose by the railway bridge on the way home....
The evening was spent with hubby who made pasta and garlic bread which we ate in front of the telly whilst watching catch up of Deutschland 89
I painted my nails (OPI undercoat/Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Aur'ant You Relaxed with Argon Oil). Haven't had time to do this for ages! My ring was a pressie from hubby 2019 (from the Dubai Gold Souk, I have a few nice pieces bought over the last 40 years on our visits. The gold is Indian, also made by Indian craftsmen, the very best in my opinion). Last time we were there we spent 2 nights wandering the gold souk and, typical woman, I went back to the very first shop to make the purchase!
Post on my travel blog **here**
Saturday:
we were up early for the Tesco food delivery (still avoiding big supermarket shops until our second vaccine) and had a buttered hot cross bun before getting 20 minutes in on the rowing machine.
I wore my Ebay vintage Indian block printed wrap skirt with a thermal long sleeve vest top and my recent birthday present Jones boots - they are so comfy - I bought the fake bear coat in the early 90s, if clothing can hug you with happy memories, this one does as I used to take my baby sons for walks strapped inside my coat in a carrier! This outfit comes out a lot, I recently sewed the seam on the skirt so it doesn't blow open!
The day disappeared as we spent a large chunk of it watching a James Bond film, for dinner I made a chicken curry and a lentil dhal with leftover rice from the freezer. Hubby gave me my Easter chocolate - (Dairy Milk with Crunchie filling!)
Sunday:
I regretted volunteering for split shift overtime as it turned out to be the hottest day this bank holiday weekend but I had the middle of the afternoon to myself so mustn't grumble - especially as hubby took over some jobs I thought I was doing (mowing the lawn, tidying the garage)!
![]() |
our old bench was given to us by neighbours when they moved out. It has got very worn so hubby sanded it ready for wood stain, think it needs some outdoor cushions, |
It was warm in the sun so I dozed outside between shifts and Mollie cat joined me....
Wearing AllaboutAudrey of Brighton dress, Vintage kid leather belt charity shopped, Afghan hand finished tribal earrings (recent/Ebay) and my old super comfy suede boots
Sunday night sunset view from my work from home desk
On Sunday evening I finished work at 9pm then polished off the left over lentil curry, found a bottle of cider chilling nicely in the fridge and settled down to watch this lovely programme about singer Paloma Faith - I love her music and how eccentric she is.... BBC Two - Paloma Faith: As I Am.
Today (Bank Holiday Monday) I'm planning a nice walk and will get my paints out later.
How's your Easter weekend been going?















Hello Betty, looks like you've made the most of the bank holiday weekend. Yesterday really was a scorcher. We visited my bother and his little family for the first time in months. The tree with the hanging eggs looks good fun. I've mislaid out glittery eggs that open up to allow choclatey surprises to be stashed inside. I love your teddy bear coat. I wish I still had my Lenny Kravitz style shaggy coat from the 90s. Your salad has me craving avocados now! Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful time, good family moments and a little sun, too. I'm so glad Mollie was found!
ReplyDeleteWhat a packed weekend what with your lad moving out, house viewers and Miss Mollie being a dity stop-out! I wonder where she'd been.
ReplyDeleteWe had sunshine but it's been bitterly cold (snow today!) although I was able to take my woolly hat and coat off by mid-afternoon on Sunday.
You look fabulous in your outfits and snoozing in the sunshine! Paloma Faith is such a sweetheart, I've seen her live a few times. xxx
Im so glad that Mollie is safe and sound!
ReplyDeleteLove your outfits chuck x
Hi Betty,
ReplyDeleteI had a lovely weekend. I managed to see my mum, all of my children and our closest friends in the garden.
Your weekend sounds lovely except for the walk.
Great outfits.
ReplyDeleteJudging by the photo with the painted nails, you can be a successful model for manicure, nail paint, and finger rings!
I love the dress you are wearing when you are sunbathing in the chair Betty- its just lovely. I can totally relate how we do NOT sleep when our furry friends go missing - this happens lots with Blackie who is a wanderer. Pleased Mollie came to no harm. xx
ReplyDeleteLoving your dress. You look really chilled out in the sun. It's been Baltic up here and by all accounts, more of the same next week. Mollie must be getting more confident to stay out. Glad she returned unscathed. Can't wait to see what you painted. xxx
ReplyDeleteoh sari is such a lovely dress and looks wonderfully beautiful on you though i never saw someone wearing boots with sari lol
ReplyDeletemy mother had two sari dresses and i wore one of them only once for while as it was hard to carry for me during my last school days :)
you looking stunning while soaking sun :)
best of luck and heartfelt prays to your son ,i can imagine how tough can be this period for you as a mother!
blessings!