March journal page: sticky buds, gorse, hawthorn blossom and wild garlic
Hopefully there will be some colour in the woods in the coming months - I've seen lots of birds whizzing about making nests and squirrels digging up their hoards of hazelnuts from the lawn.
It's cold and wet in the garden so I have only ventured out to water my potted Christmas tree - the forecast for next week is much better and in two weeks there will be a trip to the garden centre with a friend (distanced of course).
I have mostly been doing indoor gardening, planting up some tomato seeds.
and cooking warming dishes like potato and spinach curry
and sticky chicken (Jamaican seasoning, pan fried)
The only flowers in the woods are these little blossoms but I can see the green shoots of bluebell and lot of buds on the trees.
Here's me wearing some of the lovely jewellery my friend Vix sent - the choker has copper inserts. As I was doing some polishing and had the brasso out, I gave the choker a shine too. The black jewelled earrings are delightfully dangly but not too heavy....
Lockdown hair - the colour I had the day before the current lockdown lasted well but I'm looking forward to a trip for a trim and colour next month. What are you looking forward to most when lockdown finishes? Apart from the hairdressers, for me it will be swimming, the pub and charity shops!
as we are approaching the end of the month, I painted a March hare...
(conveniently hiding in long grass so I don't have to paint his feet! not too good on feet :)








Love your journal page! Pretty colours. You suit your hair longer and your jewellery is lovely on you too. Not sure if I miss the charity shops so much. I have an entire houseful of stuff here that should be donated. Procrastination instead of motivation and organisation is the keyword at the moment!!Have a good week, pal.xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne, I'm sure once you can get out and about more it will all balance out and if you take a big bag of unwanteds to the chazza you can come back with some lovely new stuff :)
DeleteIt is beginning to look very springy in your world Betty - which is wonderful. I love your journal pages. Your new jewellery from Vix looks great on you & really suits you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Julie, today we have sort of heatwave - it's fabulous here.
DeleteIt look like spring there. Deer here is quite hard on plants.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
we have deer in the woods behind us but never see them, I know they do a lot of harm though to the trees.
DeleteYour March hare is fabulous and I love the journal page, too. What a wonderful slice of life from your world. The jewelry is pretty. Just in case you can't get your hair cut soon, know that it is very pretty as it is!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeanie! I think it's time to have a go at painting the whole animal though - not legless hares! So pleased with my jewellery and having a lot of fun with it. The hair - well nobody ever likes what nature gave them, do they!
DeleteI should journal when covid is in hand and am out more! Cute painting! My garden is starting to show signs of spring!
ReplyDeleteI love your hair that colour and you've transformed that choker with the polish, it's got a rose gold shine to it now, just lovely!
ReplyDeleteYour journal page is beautiful and I'm in awe of your hare. I could eat that sag aloo right now!
It was lovely to have a drink with Liz & Al in the garden last night. I'm looking forward to visiting National Trust gardens again and stocking up on books in the charity shop. I don't fancy pubs until all social distancing is scrapped and we can hang around the bar having random conversations with drunken strangers, until then I'm happy with boozing at home. xxx
oh yes! National Trust Garden posts by Vix coming back soon! I can't wait to get to the coast on a train (with a tin of G&T in my bag!)
DeleteThat's a lovely cheeky looking hare. I think he has his eye on some chocolate! Beautiful blossom painting too. I think your lockdown hair colour is fab Betty. As is the Vix gifted jewellery. I am looking forward to the chazzas reopening. I have a lot to donate, but love a good rummage too. Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteHi Betty -- back again and just wanted to say thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteSo many cute things here.
ReplyDeleteI bet you'll have lovely blooms all around soon! I love your journal page!
ReplyDeleteyou look fabulous in jewelry :)
ReplyDeletei so loved this flowering painting wow it is enchanting !!!
great that weather will behave in next week dear Betty i i can imagine how eager you are to garden again :)
food look not so different than we cook here
last painting is cute and lovely
more blessings to you and family!
Hi Betty :)) You look beautiful with your jewelry! :) I love your March paintings, especially the hare! Oh flowers...I have seen a few dandelions around the house...I have to start some lettuce and herb seeds soon! :)
ReplyDeleteI do like your journal page and your March hare is lovely.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend.
All the best Jan
Love the shiny jewels!
ReplyDeleteI love your watercolour very nice.
Wishing you a good weekend.
It is a sad rainy weekend here.