On Monday I had my Covid jab and found the atmosphere at our hospital positively welcoming, enjoyable even! friendly staff and volunteers kept the queue moving and I was in and out in a few minutes.
On Tuesday it was so warm here I was able to sit out in a garden chair and read a book all morning until work at 1pm. I had some side effects of the jab on Tuesday night, mainly felt very cold and ached so went to bed early and skipped the rowing/exercise.
On Wednesday I popped in the post office to send a birthday card and was given a commemorative Only Fools and Horses stamp from the new Royal Mail 'Only Fools and Horses' set. Mine was this one but there are more.
They're fun, aren't they? I think everyone in the UK must be familiar with Del Boy, Rodney, Grandad (later replaced by Uncle) and Trigger on Only Fools and Horses, Del's yellow Reliant Robin three wheeler car ... the series set on a London council estate - their bamboo wallpaper reminds me of home as my parents had some (to accompany our bright orange carpet - well it was the early 1980s!) and I suspect it's thanks to that program that Del Boy's favourite word, kushti (Romani for good/good luck) became a trendy buzz word over the era!*
On Wednesday I felt much better from the jab, just a sore arm and nothing to worry about. So I went back to my daily routine of 30 mins on my rowing machine, potted up my rosemary plant and moved my cacti around to sunny windows. Did two loads of washing, tumble dried and folded for the men to put away and played with Mollie cat before lunch and work.
I had a phone chat with my GP physio to arrange a fitting next week for a splint for my right hand. Over lockdown I have found reduced mobility and gradually increasing pain which is most likely carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis. I hope the splint will help but am finding exercise helps most (especially rowing luckily).
Today I was up very early and found a mouse from Mollie at the back door, having disposed of it, she brought me another one straight away (think she's stockpiling them!). She has stopped the nervous regurgitating now and seems more settled - occasionally if I lie on the floor, she comes up and touches noses if I sit very still - which is a sign she is accepting me as hers. She enjoys being brushed daily now. My next job is to get her used to having her paws handled, she has very sharp claws which may need trimming in the future, but we will have to build up her trust very slowly on this one.
This morning I beat my own target of 5000 metres in 30 minutes rowing and then went for a walk to collect a library book. Hubby is learning some new IT skills so this will help. We just made it home just before the heavens opened, a huge storm is raging at the moment with very high winds. Hoping our newly repaired fence holds up! Working a late shift then have some days off.
The rest of the week is likely to be spent indoors with paint brushes out, hubby painting the entrance hall and me painting my March journal page.
Sorry for lack of pictures, hope to have something pretty for you next post.




I think people are seeing every single new vaccinated person as a sign of hope for all of us-maybe that is why the atmosphere was so positive. That's some good rowing-even with a sore arm.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you've had your jab and the side effects weren't too bad.
ReplyDeleteThose stamps are brilliant, if anything would get people stamp collecting again, they certainly would. I love the Pop Art look to them.
It sounds like Mollie is really accepting you with the nose touching and mouse gifts. Ours are transfixed by the rockery at the moment, it won't be long before we start getting presents.
Well done to your husband for learning something new and for you and your amazing rowing. I think you're right about the staying active, my orthopaedic surgeon says that's why I've managed to escape another hip replacement for so long and I also think being busy & having lots of interests stops us dwelling on aches and pains.
Enjoy your painting! xxx
Glad your reaction wasnt too bad. I only know two people who didnt have any reaction.
ReplyDeleteOnly fools and horses was such a clever programme, and managed to keep everyone entertained without bad language etc.
I got my 1st covid shot Monday and will get 2nd April 5th. So glad to finally get it! I have been having bad pain in my right hip. Is any pain good? LOL. Getting physical therapy for it and pray it helps. Hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteMy two have birthdays soon and my Mum bought them both 'Only Fools and Horses' birthday cards!You're so disciplined on your rowing machine but watch out for that pain, you need both hands. I had to give up my patchwork and quilting when I developed carpal tunnel in my left hand and when I feel the 'twitching' when I'm knitting or crocheting, I stop for a while until it passes. Have a great weekend.xxx
ReplyDeleteHello Betty, great news on the jab. I do love a good commemorative stamp, much more fun that the Queen's head. How kind of Mollie to leave you some doorstep treats! Enjoy the painting and I look forward to seeing it. Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteThey are certainly rolling the vaccine out fairly quickly over there Betty. We are just starting over here. Gosh I am in awe of you doing 30 mins on the rowing machine- I won't tell you how many I can barely manage - I am too ashamed. I hope the splint helps your hand soreness Betty. xx
ReplyDeleteSo glad hubby and i got our vaccine. I didn't know you rowed.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Hi Betty :)) So glad to hear you got the vaccination and it wasn't too bad, a few people I know got bad migraines and stomach aches, but they all said it went away after 24 hours. Congrats on the rowing!! :) And on gaining your little kitty's trust in such a loving way! :))
ReplyDeletei am happy that you got your vaccination dear Betty and there were just minor side effects which is great
ReplyDeletewhat an achievement about rowing :) i think you are amazing at this !
i always enjoy Mollie stories and how she is being friendly ,i adore your wisdom and patience regarding your pet :)
Hurrah for having the jab. Glad the ill effects didn't last too long and you were able to get back on the rowing machine!
ReplyDeleteWell done for hubby for learning new IT skills. I should try to do more on that- I did do some online tutorials during lockdown 1 and in Lockdown 2, I learnt to use Google Classroom, Classdojo, made an online glockenspiel for my school blog using Scratch and got better at producing online lessons and videos. I am still a technophobe to a certain extent though!
The OFAH stamps are so cool! I used to love that programme! I still laugh at the Batman and Robin episode!
Hello Betty, I used to paint via the medium of watercolour but was slow and deliberate in execution. I have often admired those who were able to express themselves more freely. I think that you have that gift and should persevere.👍🏻
ReplyDeleteAs for Fools and Horses, a favourite of mine, their antics kept me going “during the war” 🤣