Sunday, 7 March 2021

The New Normal: Bling





 On Thursday a package arrived but, as I was working, I couldn't open it until my evening  break - suspense!  Inside was the pelican card below from my blogging buddy *Vix*  enclosing a pile of lovely jewellery- I had recently mentioned I don't own many earrings so she set out to put that right!  Inside were all the pretty earrings below and also a really lovely silver/copper choker ....  what a lovely surprise!  Thank you Vix:)  Here I am wearing them all ... 

Pic 1: the beautiful choker, pic 2: Indian bell drop earrings, pic 3: blue and black gemstone hoops pic 4: long metal and black stone drop earrings and pic 5: the green/metal afghan earrings I recently bought.


'The detail' as Vix would say!  

  • Long sleeve kurta with embroidery and sequins to sleeves/neckline,  Kushi EBay win  
  • Block print kaftan (vintage 1970s) EBay (mine for a day - but it's gone back  sadly as hubby noticed the hem was 2 inches shorter on one side).  Luckily the seller  accepts returns and is already handling things.

Yesterday we had buyers to view our house and there was a lot of cleaning and tidying to make it show house standard - difficult with the lads wanting a lie in, a fry up and lunch all before 2pm! today we are having a restful day as hubby had his covid vaccine yesterday afternoon and is very tired today... I get my jab tomorrow.

It's very cold here but I plan to plant a few tomatoes up on windowsills, do my 30 minute rowing machine and then settle down to some tv.... and a big bar of fruit and nut chocolate!

Mollie is far more photogenic than me, so I will leave you with a few snaps of her..... sorry a bit fuzzy.

How's your weekend going?



16 comments:

  1. How nice to have such a choice of jewellery!
    I do hope you dont have a reaction to the jab, but it's best not to plan anything for the day after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice! I just don't do jewellery - but I do now!

      Delete
  2. What lovely and generous gifts from Vix. You wear everything really well, Betty. What a shame about your kaftan, I really like it. Hope S is feeling better tomorrow and good luck with your jab. Let me know how it goes. Have a good week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very kind of Vix, such a lovely treat to have so many things to choose from!

      Delete
  3. Both you and Mollie are gorgeous! Fabulous modelling there, ladies! the choker looks fantastic was the short-lived kaftan, what a shame, we WILL find one soon though, I know it!
    Good luck with the vaccine. I hope your chap is feeling rested and okay now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a little brasso on the choker Vix and it sparkles fabulously on the copper inserts - will wear it often :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't know you are selling your house.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, we have been here 27 years and ready for a change, one son is moving out, we would like more rural.

      Delete
  5. Isn't Vix awesome sending you that lovely jewelry and you model it so well Betty! Why do cats love rolling around on stairs so much?!? I think 30 minutes of rowing certainly warrants a chocolate fruit and nut bar. Enjoy, and good luck with the jab. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lulu, Vix is very thoughtful :) rolling on stairs? I think it's just anything to get in my line of vision - if I sit on the stairs we can stay there for hours playing and chatting (cat language of course).

      Delete
  6. I and my man just got our 1st covid vaccine today! In 2 wks get 2nd dose. Hope the showing went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased for you Rose, especially as you were worried about supplies a short time ago. Good to know they are still rolling it out in your part of the World :)

      Delete
  7. I love your jewellery. I have quite a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous jewellery! i have loads as my late husband was a jeweller, and my partner since then has bought lots at car boot sales so I am awash but can never resist a nice pair of earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i found you very photogenic dear Betty :)

    you are such an elegant gorgeous lady i believe and jewelry from your friend looks so beautiful on you :)
    all pair she sent look pretty .
    how nice you guys have started to get vaccination .our winters are gone and spring is everywhere
    wishing you best of luck for plants and house deal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Vix is very generous to send you the jewellery! You look lovely in the eearrings. What a shame about the eBay purchase! I hope that you get it back soon in matching length sides! I recently got a lovely East Fabindia maxi skirt from Depop- I really like it and it fits well but I would love a pretty kaftan! I have one from the 70's of my Mum's which I love.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.