I had a lot of fun painting my February page. There's not a lot going on this time of the year so I used Google to help me find subjects. The devils coach beetle I have encountered often but didn't know it had a nasty bite or that it could squirt nasty liquid when disturbed - it curls its tail like a scorpion when cornered. I didn't know also that frog spawn is in clusters whereas toad spawn is in strings. Stay tuned for more fascinating facts next month folks!
Today I was very pleasaed with the arrival of my Denby dessert bowls - recently we used all our Tesco clubcard vouchers up to buy a new dinner set but one bowl arrived smashed - Denby have been brilliant and replaced all four so I would have a set that had not been bashed around. Nearly all the dinner set I bought was in their 'seconds' (slightly marked or damaged pattern/glaze) category but all looks good as new to me! I also got a tea set with a proper tea pot!
I took a walk into town to pick up from the library and came back with a little rosemarybush - mine died two Summers ago of some strange disease - I'm going to grow this one in a tub.

I sorted through my seeds and found some pots and trays ready for planting later in the week.

These flower seeds were from my blogging friend, Anne.
and the rest I have been squirrelling away for some time :)
Here's me, in my 28 year old fake fur coat that no longer has any of those big old hooks to do it up - but I still wear it (sometimes with another coat underneath lol! and the vintage indian block print skirt I got from EBay in 2019, worn with thermal long sleeve vest and my new shiny Jones boots which
are a birthday pressie from hubby.

Hair looking a bit faded but not bad for a lockdown (last coloured 16 December) but good news! my hairdresser rang today and they are open and ready for me 12th April - can't wait
not just for the hair do either - the chat as well :)








Your daffys look so pretty Betty & I love the pic of you in your coat & your new boots. I think your rosemary might quite like a rather large size pot as they don't like to be too contained I find. You will be enjoying signs of spring as I am enjoying the hint of autumn in the air over here. Have a lovely week Betty. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Julie, I will put Rosemary in a lovely big tub with drainage holes - I have a beautiful blue old china one for her :) she's just having a rest on the windowsill until the frosts have passed. She smells lovely.
DeleteHello Betty, get t' new tommy tettle kettle on then! Eugh, I wouldn't want to meet that scorpion-like beetle on a dark night. I was just asking my eldest kid today what the visible difference was between frog and toad spawn... well, now I know! Thanks for that. You look fab in your outfit. 100% the right outfit to wear for sowing seeds. Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteI just googled it: toad spawn apparently is 'a string of pearls' I suppose if you took a dip in a ditch you might come up wearing some :) yuk. I always get a creepy tummy when I see those beetles, they are sinister.
DeleteI am waiting for my vaccine. I qualify but none available. I have been working on poetry and photography. Good to have things to do during lock up.
ReplyDeleteoh Rose, Im sorry you're waiting, they are getting the vaccines done super fast here - probablay same for you but keeping up with demand can put a spanner in the works.
DeleteI real like primroses. Haven't done much in creative field, although done some prep stuff.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I dont see primroses growing wild in the woods here any longer Dora, also no violets for several years - I just got these off the internet to copy.
ReplyDeleteFantastic news on the hairdressong appointment and the vaccine! yay!
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous. I love those boots, they fit your legs perfectly and look phenomenal with your lovely skirt and snuggly fake fur. I'm always having to replace fur hooks on the vintage coats we sell - dead cheap on ebay!
Loving your February art and the garden looks great. Too wet for our lawn to be mown - at least that's what i keep telling Jon, I don't want to behead the crocuses! xxx
Love your watercolor
ReplyDeleteYour seeds are so exciting! You look nice and warm in your cute coat!
ReplyDeleteI do love your February page AND I'm going to look for that book!
I got four nice Denby dinner plates from the Original Factory Shop, probably seconds because they were cheap enough. I went back to get the soup plates and sides but somebody had grabbed them before me, how very dare they!Love your hair that length and you look great in your fur coat outfit. Speak soon.xxx
ReplyDeletegorgeous art dear Betty as always !
ReplyDeleteyou look really beautiful in old coat and Indian frock looks pretty cool :)
i smiled when you mentioned about chat with hairdresser lol yes here either hairdressers are famous for their chat , i loved your lawn and tub flowers are delightful .hope your plantation goes well and brings more colors to your yard
good to get vaccinated my friend .
I love your painting of February nature!
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely in your skirt and fur coat- really go well together!
Seeds make me excited! I got some seeds in Wilko today as well as a Seed sprouter
That was great about the Denby replacement. We had 2 Denby side plates and 4 dinner plates we bought with our wedding vouchers but a year and a half ago, I found a set of 8 Denby dinner plates, 8 side plates and 8 dessert plates in the charity shop for £32 so I bought the lot as we didn't have a proper set of plates for if we had guests- not that we've got to use them much due to Covid of course!