Last year I planted about 90 bulbs for the Spring but can't remember whether there were any hyacinth. I'm sure I planted some but might not have ... there are lots of promising green shoots. While we wait I have painted flowers to fulfill the craving, I used an online tutorial or two. There are lots of tutorials online which I am finding helpful, I am not getting so bored halfway through now as using smaller paper, no more great expanse of overwhelming white to fill ..... see my Peter Rabbit mug? it was a blog win some years ago and I still love it (Helen went to see Beatrix Potters house and I got the mug ..she makes amazing quilts ).. one day I will definitely have to visit Beatrix Potter's house and garden too, it's on my bucket list.
It's been very quiet here, a woodpecker was calling for about 2 hours yesterday ... we are near the airport, as there are no flights the birdsong is prominent - I have lived here 27 years and not really acknowledged that little woody woodpecker but he must have been there all the time being drowned out by noise and aviation fumes. Mollie sat next to me this morning, she's good at posing isn't she ? I like that she doesn't walk off when you are just about to take a picture and is good at staring into the distance for you.
.
Hubby made me some home made onion soup for my lunch. He's the better cook - no point in competing with that..... the soup came with croutons topped with melted cheese ....
![]() |
| Onion soup and cheese topped croutons |
Having said that, I made lentil dahl and chicken curry for everyone, just keeping my hand in.
![]() |
| Lentil dahl |
No walk at all this weekend. Today, Sunday, it has snowed non stop. I want to wake up tomorrow and find everything outside is white and the car is buried under snow.
How was your weekend.






Hi Betty, love your hyacinths, they are such beautiful flowers. And your paintings are gorgous. :)
ReplyDeletethank you for stopping by
DeleteI love your watercolors. One day I may take some lessons!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Rose, I hope you try painting some day
DeleteMolly is an exquisite model! She has the posture and the sleek beauty, and you can see her strength poised for whenever she is ready to act -- she's paying attention, no doubt about that!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting, yes I think we are lucky such a beautiful cat was given to us
DeleteOnion soup is a great comforter. Yours looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteWe are forecast a little snow, not so much as further up country, but it will be very cold. Blankets at the ready!
Oh blankets! something we don't possess, the house is feeling very draughty, I just ordered some draught excluder for the doors!
DeleteOur weekend was quiet and cosy like yours, but not quite as creative! No snow here, and we think the worst of it will be south of Belfast Lough - we are slightly to the north. But light blue skies, bright with cold!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting :)
DeleteMollie is a born poser! What a lovely photo.
ReplyDeleteYour watercolours are lovely and both the dhal and soup look absolutely deicious.
We used to visit Hill Top every year as we always spent our October half term holidays in The Lake District back in my dim and distant youth.
What's a weekend? I've forgotten! xxx
Thanks for visiting Vix, I bet you know Hilltop like the back of your hand - it's her garden that interests me the most :)
Deleteoh i am happy that Molly is posing for you specially :) yes she is great model :)
ReplyDeletebest wishes for garden growing dear Betty ,soup made by hubby looks healthy indeed :)
your dish looks great either and resembles one we make with lentil :)
Cup is from blog win is gorgeous
health ,peace and happiness to you and yours!
Thanks for visiting Baili, I do love lentil dahl, we have it every week :)
DeleteYour painting is beautiful Betty as is the Peter Rabbit mug - just love it! Molly looks healthy & shiny - she is growing lots. Your soup looks so delicious Betty. Have a great week xx
ReplyDeleteLove your spring flower paintings! And the onionsoup looks delish!
ReplyDeleteSure are pretty flowers. The other day I check below my window and hope to see some sign of spring.
ReplyDeleteSoup looks yummy.
Coffee is on and stay safe
Molly has certainly perfected the art of posing. I love the way you have done the bulbs and roots on the hyacinth painting Betty. I can almost see them growing! And those tulips bursting out of the vase are gorgeous. You are so lucky having someone make delicious soup for you. I am the only one who eats soup in our house. That dahl looks super scrummy too.
ReplyDeleteI too would love to visit Beatrix Potter's garden up in Cumbria. A couple of summers ago, we visited RHS Rosemoor and they had a brilliant 'Mr McGregor's' vegie garden. Our littlest sprog is a big Peter Rabbit fan and completely flipped out in excitement, especially when Monsieur started impersonating McGregor's voice from behind the tool shed. Lulu xXx
Hi Betty :) Molly is adorable. :) She looks very regal there. Oh that onion soup, how nice that your hubby made that for you! Your paintings are really pretty! It'll be a little while yet before I start to see flowers popping up!
ReplyDelete