Working from home the last few days. I feel 'in a bubble' as it's pushing towards a year since I worked in the office and I do miss my colleagues and the interaction/vibe of a call centre. As 'key workers' we have worked right through the pandemic and so much has changed - I don't think the UK will go back to 'before'
Hubby is always on hand to provide sustenance... this is for oldest son though, who also works from home, very frugal of hubby as he used the last of the Christmas turkey/ham leftovers from the freezer. We have a big freezer in the garage and fill it from a cash and carry, we also make batches of things like curry and rice.
Mollie has discovered we have a front door and has ventured out but can't work out how the back door/garden and woods link in with it - she also can't understand who I am if she encounters me outside! and she also eyes me suspiciously if I put my hair in a bun.
I got my new paints out for a spell (Winsor and Newton Cotman - student grade - a few bloggers asked if I was happy with them - yes, they are great quality and really vibrant colours, mix well too). I challenged myself to do snowdrops which I find difficult. I think this painting style of mine needs to get a lot looser and runnier, maybe I don't use enough water - more experimenting to come. Advice from those in the know is always welcome.
On Friday I went out for a walk early to see the frost on the fields, I couldn't wait and made it just when the sun was on it - so pretty - then later we had brilliant Spring sunshine and hubby came out for a 2 hour round trip along a pretty path that goes through fields, we were surprised to spot deer not far from the house, jumping a ditch ...1 minute video below. We only usually see them in the woods behind us when it's raining.
Today was work (which I enjoy - don't want to sound like a don't but can't say much about work you see) ... although I had time to take a quick walk out this morning, there was black ice everywhere so I didn't go far : I see a lot of dog walkers and am amused by how many of them do look like their pets) .
Major excitement tomorrow as we are clearing out the garage ready for delivery of a gym rowing machine that we have only waited 10 months for and which requires assembly ... can't wait! By our standards this involves serious diy, real tools and possibly a lot of shouting!



Lovely to see the deer. I think the second one wasn't too sure about the jump!
ReplyDeleteyour painting style has always been delicate and pretty. I have tried the 'wetting the paper with water before you paint'technique, and it can look lovely, blurry sometimes but different.
Have fun with the rowing machine!
this is something I haven't had much success with so think it's time to try wet on wet again - thanks :)
DeleteOh my-10 months for your rowing machine. I think you should enjoy playing with the paints until you reach the viscosity, is that the right word, you are happy with.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sam.
DeleteI don't think any of us will go back totally way it was. Molly is sure a pretty kitty.
ReplyDeleteIt a little snippy, although did mange to get on tread mill for bit today.
Coffee is on and stay safe
I always get excited when we see deer. Especially love little babies with their spots.
ReplyDeleteWe never get to see babies, you must put a pic on your blog next time you see some.
DeleteWhat a far deer video!
ReplyDeleteAren't cats silly? Ours get spooked when I wear certain hats and run for cover and Frank refuses to look out of a window, he has to sit on the doormat with the door open, awkward so and do. Lovely photo of Mollie!
Your painting is gorgeous - Liz is a fan of those paints, too.
From what that lovely chap told me after you'd sorted him out on the way to End of the Road, you're brilliant at your job. You'd have to enjoy it to be so good at it. xxx
Thanks ref painting :) I forgot about that End of the Road guy (offering a free meal for my friends but no veggie food for you!) yes, I do enjoy work - a bit like you - as encountering all sorts from all walks of life but over the phone - face to face would be even more interesting.
DeleteDeer are such lovely creatures. How gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteOooh, that looks like a proper good butty Betty! Beautiful snow drops painting. How magical to see deer. Does Mollie also get suspicious if you wear sunglasses and a beret and talk into a concealed lapel wire? Enjoy the rowing machine, hope there’s not too much huffing and puffing prior to its actual construction! Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteThat sandwich looks delicious! I'm going to replicate this as much as I can for lunch!
ReplyDeleteI hope we don't go back to 'before', not entirely. I think the pandemic has highlighted some areas of life that can change for the better.
Have fun on your rowing machine, I hope you both survive the set up process :)
xx