It was cold and foggy this morning, but the lights on our potted tree made things cheery. Its a bit weedy and unloved but it has sprouted some new needly shoots in the last two weeks since I repotted it....
I made my door wreath yesterday. Although I could easily buy one I enjoy doing it, collecting the things in the woods, laying them out and choosing the best bits, assembling it all like a work of art.... There were so many holly berries in the woods I didn't have to search much and the ivy is full of those lovely 'starburst' berry heads. I had made the base in the Summer from twine which I dried. I added some tiny berry bunches on wires in case the holly berries all fall off! and a wired ribbon - total cost £3. Some people bind the back with wired moss or oasis, I don't do that as it's heavy and messy and expensive too - I just dunk it in a bucket of cold water for a bit every so often and, if necessary pick out anything that is past its best and put something new in :)
This year we have 'make your own crackers' reduced to £4 that have a joke and hat and you add the toy - I thought it would be fun to put toys for Mollie cat inside so they are full of balls and toy mice. You can see she has put a little weight on now, but still has that worried little face.....
This year Christmas is going to be strange and different for us all but even if you aren't able to have visitors, it's still good for the soul to decorate a tree and get a few fairy lights up.
I am just off to the garden now to put some slices of an old apple on twigs for the birds.... Hope your Christmas preparations are going well.





Your wreath looks lovely, much nicer than mnay i have seen for sale. Mine is half and half... I buy a base with leaves on and then add things to it.
ReplyDeletethats good too - if I hadn't planned ahead making a base I think I would go with that :)
DeleteGosh all your christmas bits look wonderful Betty. I love your tree & lights. Blackie always had the same spooky eyed look that Molly has & he has never really lost it - even though he has settled - I think its just part of his nature. She is looking well & healthy Betty. xx
ReplyDeleteMollie gets more and more gorgeous! look at that inquisitive little face!
ReplyDeleteYour wreath is lovely, well done! What a kind neighbour passing on that glazed cupboard. Inspiration will strike eventually although I'm liking the sound of the jungle leaves. Wilko have some wonderful leaf print wallpaper, have a look at their website.
xxx
The wreath, the tree and the cupboard look so wonderful! Great decorating. Awww, I like the idea of Molly's toys!
ReplyDeleteBet the garden birds love you Betty! Your potted Christmas tree looks very happy in the conservatory and great job on the wreath (It's a bit of a spikey job isn't it!). Molly is so sweet. Lulu x
ReplyDeleteHi Betty :)
ReplyDeleteYour wreath is lovely, and so is your potted tree! THAT'S what I should have done! We don't have room for a big tree this year and I was a little sad about that...didn't think of a small potted one. Maybe next year! Mollie is adorable, I love her black coat. She looks very healthy! And the gingerbread tea set!!! How cute is that???
Wifey too says the same thing..... it's good for the soul to decorate a tree and get a few fairy lights up.
ReplyDeleteI think I should do that.
Hi Betty just wanted to pop on over and say Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog today, made me feel very uplifted. Your tree looks perfect, we decided not to get our large family tree out this year as my family will not be here to help decorate it, so a small potted tree has taken it's place as a small gesture.. and with any luck I can keep it alive in the garden in the hope to bring it in next year (HOPE is the key word!!)
ReplyDeleteLove your door wreath and the thought of adding cat treats to the crackers is a fabulous idea, I may just have to steal that idea for our little pooch.
Stay safe this Christmas & all the best for a brighter 2012 Tracey x
Lovely decorations Betty, even better you made them!
ReplyDeleteYes there are New Normals nowadays. Love your little Christmas tree.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog :)
Hope you are well. x
ReplyDeleteHi Betty, thank for your visit. I looked at your photos from India on the other blog - just beautiful. And love the scene with your cute christmas tree.
ReplyDelete