It was hubby's birthday on Wednesday and we felt like a day out. During this second lockdown, local travel to a place to exercise has been permitted, It is the first time we have been anywhere other than local woodland walks. Brighton is close to us, we can get there in about 30 minutes. We parked well away from the town and did an 8 mile round walk from the Marina through the town and up into Hove, then back.
This is 'the Constellation' and I have never noticed it before. A solar system with all things Brighton as it's theme - located on the beach front walkway at the Hove end. More info *here*
Everything looked very different - no crowds of people so I noticed things that are normally hidden by the constant flow of traffic and pedestrians, most streets were very empty.
Mollie cat is becoming a little more settled and will sit next to me sometimes now while I stroke her. She has been out in the garden a few times but finds this stressful and has regurgitated her food afterwards a few times as she gets so worked up, I am limiting her to short periods early morning when she asks to go out and found she is more confident if the door stays open and I stay out in the cold with her! so clearly has a long way to go, but she did manage a scramble up on to the shed to stake her territorial claim before scampering back in.
I managed to get her collar on but she managed to take it off within minutes, she's a no collar cat.
I now have an iron so was able to wash the gutta outline from the silk paintings and iron them - here's how they look ironed and it’s usually where I stop but I may attempt a sewing project when inspiration strikes .
.. and here's what it looks like when we go for our walks - a 7 mile circuit of our area taking in a little of the woods and fields. I like looking at the houses, it's difficult to take pictures though, a bit intrusive, so only a couple of snaps today.
That's it from me for now ... I painted the bathroom ceiling today and need to go and admire it. Next is the stairway wall/ceiling tomorrow. Bye for now .....


























The photos you took in Brighton are wonderful! I love seeing all the art and sights. Beautiful! Your silk painting is gorgeous too. I am so glad that Molly is growing in confidence.
ReplyDeleteHi Kezzie there's always something new to see every time I visit Brighton, it's ever changing :)
DeleteThis is truly a lovely post. Happy birthday to your hubby.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed it DV. thanks ref birthday wishes.
DeleteYour photos are beautiful Betty ... I would love to visit your stunning country one day. Mollie is looking good & she is growing lots. I especially love the pic of her on the shed & she looks just like a witches cat ... like she belongs on the back of a broomstick!
ReplyDeleteAh yes, I think she might be a very special cat, Julie, a familiar perhaps - she shares my anxiety issues that's for sure!
DeleteThank you for the pictures. It is YEARS since I went to Brighton, but have happy memories of family holidays there
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting, Angela, I hope you can visit Brighton again one day it's always such a special place.
DeleteOh I love Brighton (it is where my Monsieur and I met) and happy birthday to your fella. Those rent a bikes are new - what a great idea. I think that is the most stylish dog I have ever seen! Your little Mollie is so sweet. Paintings are coming along great. Lulu x
ReplyDeleteThe bikes have been around for a while now and on them (not sure if it's in the pic) it says by a traveller not a tourist which I think is clever. That dog was incredible, it's owner was very proud not surprisingly considering how long that hair arrangement probably took!
DeleteHappy belated birthday to your lovely chap! I'm glad you were able to celebrate his birthday in style. Your photos of Brighton are fabulous.
ReplyDeleteMollie is gorgeous as is the afghan hound. So glad she's settling in and finding her feet. Poor little love is bound to get stressed after such a sad start in life but she's doing so well.
Your poppies are breathtakingly lovely! xxx
I have got a couple of cat behaviour books on order from the library, which I think will enable me to help Mollie. The poppies are annoying me now as they don't have a purpose - not sure what to do with them!
DeleteIsn't it great to have little escapes during this time! I love what you paint!
ReplyDeleteTHank you Rose - I am very lucky to live close to Brighton, the woods, within a 40 minute train ride of London ... when we return to 'normal' I intend to travel around a whole lot more and appreciate it all a whole lot more :)
DeleteSuch interesting pics of Brighton (getting there for me seems like a complete impossibility now!!). I always think seaside towns take on a feeling of sadness during the winter months but even more so during a pandemic. Have you watched the programme with Tom Kerridge in it about saving britain's pubs? It really does give you a real perspective of what it's like to run a pub as your livelihood. Hope your old man had a good birthday. Mollie looks like a cat who knows her own mind! Have a good weekend Betty.xxx
ReplyDeleteYes been watching Tom K it is terribly sad that the program was made during the Pandemic and you can see all his hard work unravelling mostly, these people have put everything into their businesses and it's slipping between their fingers - I feel the Government should be providing some help to the hospitality sector as we are losing businesses, jobs and to an extent the maintenance of some very beautiful heritage buildings too if this goes on.
DeleteHappy Birthday to Hubby!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to Brighton in years so it's nice to go on a virtual visit with you. I like the coast in colder months, it has a very different feel to the summertime, I rather enjoy the solitude of it.
I'm glad Mollie is getting a little more confident each day, this time next year she'll be strolling in and out to her hearts content, and pinning you to the sofa when she falls asleep on your lap :)
xx
Hi Betty :) I'm so glad you can get out for some nice walks. Brighton looks so colourful from your photos. Oh now I have a craving for McDonalds fries!! :) That dog is awesome! He has better haircare than I do lol! :)
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Vix-trying to expand my circle-and what a delightful find. I don't know why I missed going to Brighten/Hove back in 2014, but I know when we next can go to the UK, it will be on my list to visit. I could be lost in spice shops as well. I hope to increase my walking distances in 2021-I know it will be a long while before travel is free, and restrictions limiting what we all can do and where we go,but walking seems to be a pleasure we can all still partake in.
ReplyDeleteLoved your collection of images
ReplyDeletePleased you had a good day out, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
ReplyDeleteHappy December wishes.
All the best Jan