Wednesday, 28 October 2020

The new normal: Black Cat

Here's our new to us, pre-owned kitty, we have named her Molly.  She was found hiding under a shed, pregnant and frightened, taken to a London cat rescue. They called to ask if we would like to home her.  We waited until her kittens were nice and plump after 9 weeks feeding and then it was time to come and meet her and take her home.   She's understandably nervous and spent a lot of time hiding behind chairs but is gradually gaining confidence and has been coming out to play with her toy mice, just starting to allow us to stroke her a little and is very chatty.



Back soon with a Halloween post. 










12 comments:

  1. Molly is beautiful Betty & she sure landed on her feet when she got to live at your house. Interestingly Pippi was found under a shed also ... along with her starving Mum & sisters. Someone took them to the vet - one sister & Mum didn't make it but 3 other sisters survived. I think when they have that rough start in life - they are just that extra special. I look forward to seeing Molly in your future blog posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved cats and have had many through the years. I recently lost one to old age as had her 18 of her 20 yrs. I did a post. I still have my black cat, Kala. She is the purringest cat I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Molly! What a beautiful young lady (and a lovely name). After such a poor start in life she's going to be so happy in her new home. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't black cats just the best? I know, as I have one myself. What a lovely lady Molly is! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Molly. Be Happy in your welcoming and beautiful new home.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly is so beautiful and how nice to have a lot of spoiling post-partum! Isn't she lovely! I love cats so much and black cats are stunning and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hello Molly!
    She's very pretty, look at those eyes. I'm glad she's settling in.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.