Monday, 28 September 2020

The New Normal - End of September

The creeky door of my blog is open halfway as I slip in to say a quick hello before disappearing for a while... I have sort of dried up and have not a lot to say and need to reinvent myself a little..





 We have had a few visitors to view our house.  One revealed herself as the local psychic medium (pub and Facebook fame apparently).  She said the house had a 'fairly good' vibe.  Her other worldly contacts didn't seem to have briefed her that I had grown up in a house of mystic mayhem as my mother was a fortune teller/medium, so I smiled to myself.  I am having trouble 'letting go' of our home, but it will stay on the market while we decide what to do in these uncertain times.....


These are watercolours I did in years gone by, I have not been making time for these magic moments of creativity, so during October I will put that right.





Our little adoption kitty will be joining us at the end of October. We have made a donation to the charity, signed the paperwork and just have to wait. The fosterer runs a kennels which is on furlough so she is getting great care and they send videos to us, so we know this is a chatty cat with plenty of character.  We are still missing Ambercat, but I don't think that will ever change.

Here's a little watercolour I sent to Landscape magazine a few years back which they published  - miniscule claim to fame lol :)


I am going to have a blog break until Halloween.  Get my paintbrushes out and get back to the woods for a bit.  Will make time to read/ comment on your blogs and then post here on  31st October.










12 comments:

  1. Enjoy the break.
    Sometimes Life does get in the way of creativity and drains you. Fill the cup and be well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings are so lovely especially the chestnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your blog break Betty ... I think its a good thing to do from time to time. Your watercolours are always so lovely ... I did smile about the psychic medium viewing your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never replace a beloved pet but there's always room in our hearts to love another. I'm excited about your new pusscat and that you're making time to create.
    A fairly good vibe? What an odd expression. Some people are very strange.
    Enjoy your "me" time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is a good time to take a break and spend time doing things you love. But make sure you do come back, y'hear?
    How lovely to have one of your watercolours published, that's very exciting. I like the conkers, and how you've made them look so shiny, that's really clever.
    Take care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much of a medium if all she thought of your house was that it had a 'fairly good' vibe!!I love your house, which always looks so warm and welcoming. I always enjoy looking at your paintings. Keem 'em coming. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you ARE having a hard time letting go of your home. You have loved that sweet home well.
    Yes, you must paint. It's a gift.
    I am very happy that you get a new kitty. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty!! Just as I'm back from my break, you start yours lol!!! I think it's great that you are reinventing yourself. Create art every day! Your paintings are really lovely! Enjoy your time off and see you on Halloween! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your watercolours- so pretty!
    How exciting about the kitty! I am smiling about the Medium's 'vibe'!
    Enjoy your break.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy your watercolor paintins especially on silk! I survived the fires here in Oregon. Had to evacuate for a few days but all ok. No loss for me, thank God.
    Gotta tell you, my moms mom was a "medium" and it was all bogus. But she had people who believed and were regular customers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your watercolors are ABSORBING dear Betty :)

    i believe everything coming from heart has story to share and your art reflects your inner beauty so well

    i too think that your house has pleasant vibe as it is house of honest ,simple and artistic lady :)
    wishing you all the best for your reinvention my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely art. hope to see you back here soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.