Friday, 11 September 2020

The New Normal: Week 7 and 8



Lagging behind... we have been so busy preparing our house  to go on the market that I had no time to blog!  We had the photographer from the estate agent here all afternoon today.  I forgot to take pics until he had left and  I had then started moving my home office back into the conservatory and making a mess of everything again!  he had staged my plants and furniture really nicely.  But heres a few snaps of super tidiness....









We painted some rooms over the last week, it was a huge rush  but worth it to get everything at its best.  We also learned a bit about lighting, angles and tripods, not that we will be likely to do this again for a long time!




One bonus to all the house primping was treating ourselves to this beautiful orchid, I haven't seen one like this before.




We have relaxed as well, when not decorating or at work we have been out in the garden picking and eating our tomatos and lettuce, going to the gym and pool and even made time to watch The Book Thief (seen it before but it's a good one)..  Also watched Black Work (tv 3 part crime series).  



Today we started arrangements to adopt a little black cat, if it all goes to plan we should be allowed to home her in a month, as she is currently feeding her kittens.  We miss Amber a lot but feel ready to give another rescue cat a loving home.



19 comments:

  1. Your house looks really lovely. I hope you get a fast buyer. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs A just hope we don't have to keep our buyer waiting as its hard to find someting we really like.

      Delete
  2. I'd buy your house Betty! It's so lovely and homely. I'm glad you've decided about another cat. I wonder what you'll call her? Have a great weekend. I will write this weekend, I'm lagging behind too!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, that was all for a brochure, its never that tidy in real world! we had to hide the toaster, the toilet rolls, you name it! we are looking forward to welcoming a new cat :)

      Delete
  3. It all looks super, Betty. It would certainly tempt me to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't know how we will ever find something we like though!

      Delete
  4. Lovely pics Betty. I always think we get our homes looking the very best only to sell them ... always kind of wish I could summon the energy to get it looking great just for me. Love the orchid - I have a pink one flowering at present. That is such exciting news regarding the cat & I have the utmost regard for you giving a home to a rescue cat. My stepson has just paid $500 for a British Blue (kitten) which breaks my heart when the cat rescue centres are full to the brim!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber was a rescue cat and we are getting our future cat from the same rescue, we pay towards their spaying and vaccines, kittens always go fast but we wanted an adult - at the moment in the UK cat rescues are being inundated with offers due to the recent lockdown/working from home, but we have been very lucky as we were willing to take a mum after she has reared her kittens.

      Delete
  5. I hope it all works to get the house sold! Blessings. We are near Oregon fires and hoping it does not get nearer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be safe Rose, that sounds very worrying.

      Delete
  6. Your house looks gorgeous, I can't imagine anyone not loving it. Fingers crossed for a quick sale!
    I loved The Book Thief but not sure if I could watch the film, I'd probably cry! Black Work looks good.
    I'm very excited about the cat news. I know she'll help with the Amber-shaped hole in your lives. It sounds like she's had a tough start in life, bless her. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, our problem is finding somewhere we like to move to lol! Cat news is very exciting, Amber shaped hole will never be filled but it will be so lovely to have a little critter pattering around again.

      Delete
  7. Your house looks wonderful! I am SO happy that you are getting a new kitty! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would buy that immediately, it looks great!
    Nice to have a kitten again. I wish you the best of luck selling your home!
    Thanks for your comment to me
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. A conservatory - how fantastic. That is not something that you'd often see in New Zealand homes. Yours looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting time. Your house looks very inviting, I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a buyer.
    It's exciting to hear that you'll be getting a cat soon, they're small creatures but they have such a big impact on the lives of those they live with. She's so lucky to have found a forever home with you. I can't wait to meet her!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. your house looks lovely, 'im sure someone will snap it up !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house looks really nice and I really like your healthy-looking Monstera!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.