Monday, 10 August 2020

The New Normal: Weekend 2

Saturday:
Up at 6.30am very hot and humid in sunny Surrey so coffee in the garden
Worked 9-5.30 and stopped for cheese/onion flan and salad
Lunch break taken to coincide with a bid on an Anokhi maxi skirt on eBay - won
I had the fan on all day in the conservatory, our electric bill will be sky high
Too hot to eat dinner
Cold shower
Cider in the garden

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00m82h7



Watched the three part series Lost Land of the Volcano on bbc, it was fascinating- a micro climate in the extinct volcano of Mount Bosavi,  Papua New Guinea jungle, full of creatures that have never been seen before - but the most interesting thing is that none of the creatures were afraid as they had not encountered humans before - a giant rat for example, enjoying being stroked and petted -amazing!



Sunday:
Up early and out in the garden - I had put all the houseplants out the night before for fresh air,
watered everything and brought back in, then watered the garden
Body pump weights class
Bbq sort of lunch and dinner combined
Started a watercolour painting of my monstera plant, not finished





Not much else to report here.  Waiting for thunder storms and rain, working the next few days.
Have a good week.  Thanks for stopping by.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings. Have you thought about having them made into greetings cards, I'd buy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! think I need to actually finish something before I get to the card stage - I get bored so quickly I never do complete much!

      Delete
  2. Love your new painting and all the different shades of green. Been thinking about you in that oppressive heat so don't worry about keeping your cold fan on. Well done on your successful bid and can't wait to see new skirt. Have a great week, Betty.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, think green is my favourite for painting :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes do take a look, it's got such lovely gentle creatures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your painting! That would be gorgeous painted on a white wraparound skirt or a kaftan, wouldn't it?
    I'm excited about your new Anokhi maxi skirt, I won one today and didn't expect to, the dress of the same early 70s vintage I was also watching went for £250!
    Isn't this weather wonderful? I wish it would last forever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your painting! I am gonna have to look up that series to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty. Thanks for joining my followers and following you too. Loving the painted Monstera those leaves are beautiful. Have a lovely creative week, Angela (aka. Felix the Crafty Cat) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That watercolour of your monstera plant looks amazing Betty! You are such a good painter. Hope your week is going well. We have another outbreak here so we have gone to a lockdown again - some cities are more locked down than others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And boy, did we get some rain! Can I have the sun back now please?
    Lovely painting, looking forward to seeing it finished.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.