Monday:
Swimming for a whole glorious hour at the gym - 34 lengths. Distancing was fine.
Did laundry and sat out in the garden with my library book
Short walk in the woods blackberry picking with younger son
Spot of painting, copying one I did a few years ago to see if could improve
Tuesday:
Searched for calorgas, which is in short supply in this region due to so many people buying during lockdown and still holding back cannisters. Finally found the last one in a tiny diy shop.
Worked 1-9 from home in my virtual callcentre :)
Hubby kept me well fed this week with delicious salads - much of it from our small garden - surprising how many lettuce we can generate in flower pots!
Above: falafel salad
Wednesday:
Walked into town and bought fresh fruit
Worked another late shift
I received this beautiful card from my blogging buddy Anne for my wedding anniversary recently so cleared out my treasure cupboard to make some room to display it. The artist is Kayleigh Radcliffe.
By the way, while I'm in the cupboard, This is one of the copper frames I found for Ambercats pics after she passed away, very pleased as they compliment her ginger fur.
Thursday:
Another wonderful swim with a whole lane shared with only one other
Cut younger sons hair with clippers
Had a friend for tea in the garden - first time I have done this since lockdown
Won a white sleeveless Anokhi cotton top on eBay - a size too big but I can adjust
Bbq cooked by younger son involving veggie burgers for me and Lidl lamb kebabs for the men
Son doesnt like his picture taken so hair only! Excuse messy room :)
Friday:
Up early and laundry on the go
4 mile walk with hubby to town and back for a cucumber and some salad leaves
Sewed everyone a few more masks but didnt have time to finish them
Sunbathed in the garden and dozed off in the shade for two hours
Another bbq, mine was veggie chorizo sausage with salad
Vacuumed the house, changed sheets and cleaned bathroom
Sat in the conservatory with a cider!
The house goes up for sale next week. We are going to take our time house hunting. So many people are leaving London that it has already affected house availability and prices in some parts of the country - probably the best job to have right now is in an estate agent! They are booming due to the waiver on Stamp Duty from now until March given by the UK Gov. to boost the economy.
The owl was calling last night - and being answered - every year he comes at this time and I find it reassuring that he's still there. I went to sleep listening to him.







Nice haircut! You haven't seen a messy room until you've had Barbie's Hairdresser Shop laid out in your tiny front room or, as this week, Jurassic World with a gazillion tiny dinosaurs living on your rug! I love that the card is beside the pic of Amber. A wood pigeon woke me up this morning coo,coo,coo-ing at 5.30am! I'd rather have an owl. Have a great weekend, Betty, your salads look delish.xxx
ReplyDeleteoh Barbies hairdressers sounds fun, I wouldn't mind that kind of mess, its a long time since we had all that stuff over the floor - jurasic park with track for the jungle jeeps certainly featured, I used to spend hours clearing it up.
DeleteThankfully, Betty, they clean up their own mess now - it usually costs me between 50p-£1 each but it's well worth it!
DeleteA productive week. We went swimming (for the first time since lockdown) yesterday and it felt sooo good. X
ReplyDeleteglad you got a swim too, mentally, for me, anyway, its very uplifting.
DeleteI'm so happy to see you painting again, you've got such a talent!
ReplyDeleteAnne's card is gorgeous and that photo of Sam made me laugh, my brother's exactly the same with photos and he's 52!
I'm a bit envious of your swim. I used to love my three weekly sessions at the town baths.
Your food looks lovely, you've got a good man, there.
Best of luck with the house, it really is the start of a new life, isn't it? xxx
thanks Vix, I am going to try an experiment on furniture, so this was a practice run.I think most public pools will open soon, certainly hope so.
DeleteYour painting is so delicate, Betty. Keep on going.
ReplyDeleteGosh Betty that salad looks so delicious! Also the card from Anne is so beautiful. Have a great week Betty xx
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, and you did an awesome job with the haircut! Hugs, RO
ReplyDeleteYour painting is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI'm always surprised by how much lettuce you can get from just a few seeds!
Good luck house hunting, that's very exciting!
xx