Monday, 3 August 2020

The New Normal ..my weekend

Friday:
We had a heatwave in most of the UK with temps of 33f
Most of the garden wilted despite early morning watering 
Cleaned leaves and watered houseplants




Dug an old rosemary bush that had gone woody and died off from my front border
Cleaned the grout on the kitchen tiles with a toothbrush
Cleaned all the spiders webs out of the conservatory - (false widows, bit angry)


Cleaned the bathroom and kitchen thoroughly and got the laundry done
Checked eBay for bargains
Drank a cider in the garden
Watched the last 3 episodes of Mrs America - very good in the end, I had given up but went back to it





Saturday:
An early start to bring in the Tesco food delivery
Chocolate eclairs for breakfast
Washed the garden table down and watered everything in the garden
Got all me/hubby's laundry done and outside to dry (sons do their own now, yay)
Youngest sons girlfriend stayed over - we painted nails together
Said girlfriend brought a massive homemade Victoria sponge - ate a lot!
We had a bbq
Watched The Luminaries -very good -but fell asleep and missed ending
Also missed some Ebay items I was going to bid on as was asleep!



Sunday:
Did a bodypump class at the gym
Bought a new salt and pepper grinder and a lovely silver pot for my fake leaves
Chased some goodies on EBay
Caught up on Blogland
Had an ice-cream in the garden
Wore my Anokhi pink kaftan top purchased last year in India
Waxed my arms and legs

Monday: Awaiting delivery of some software to improve the work from home experience then off for a nice long walk.  Back soon, enjoy your week.










7 comments:

  1. Impressive! You have been non-stop.
    You asked about keeping patio bricks clean. We use straightforward salt. Just pour it on when the tiles are damp. It kills weeds so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly packed a busy weekend! I'm liking your hair longer Betty. I could sit in your conservatory all day long, especially with a chocolate ice lolly! Glad it went well with visiting girlfriend. Have a great week, Pal-O-Mine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a warm and productive weekend you've had! You look incredible in the pink Anokhi top - not everyone can rock it. You've prompted me to have a hack at the rosemary in my front bed too... A fragrant chore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would certainly love Chocolate eclairs for breakfast and a lot of Victoria Sponge cake. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds rather productive and lovely, especially eclairs for breakfast, followed by sponge cake! Cleaning your grouting with a toothbrush is dedicated, but I bet it felt great when you'd finished!
    Hope you're having a good week, and the software has improved things.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have been productive, I think you're like me, solar-powered! I always work harder when the sun's shining.
    I do wish these heatwaves would last longer than a couple of days, though. It's supposed to be getting gorgeous again for the weekend, long may it last!
    You look gorgeous in your Anokhi kaftan. What a shame you fell asleep and missed the eBay listings. I'll keep you posted if I spot anything good.
    I'm so glad you persevered with Mrs America. Do rewatch the ending of The Luminaries, it's beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy Betty! Love the pic of you in your pink top eating a choccy iceblock !! You need to watch the Luminaries ending again as its such a good series - I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.