Monday, 20 July 2020

WEEKEND

Hi folks, I ran out of titles for my posts!  My weekend hasn't been overly eventful - but here it is:


On Saturday I worked, spending my lunch break in the garden, hubby make me a delicious sour dough salad sandwich for lunch.  In the evening we watched a good film about gansters called The Kitchen - nothing to do with cooking - an adventure of 3 women who took over their husbands 'patch' and ran their own protection racket... it was far fetched but fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kitchen_(2019_film)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcyEDZVYkw


.
I noticed an email come in from my blogging friend Vix telling me about a too good to miss vintage skirt so, I hurried on to Ebay and made a quick offer, the seller accepted immediately,  cant wait for it to arrive..




Finished work and sat in the garden, hubby helped me move the tomato plants to get more sun, they have got very untidy as I didn't stake them properly.

Heres a pic of my vintage silk scarf to go with my recent new-to-me skirt, they go so well together, nobody around to take a snap of me in them at the mo.




Sunday: Overcast and grey so the best time for chores we don't want to do …. we went through all our boring paperwork - I can't tell you how good it feels to have all the important documents in a safe place and everything neatly filed... I can't believe I had payslips going back to 2008 so I have been busy with the shredder, just keeping the year end tax statements.  We got everything in order and checked our bills to see where we can save.


We made changes to our budget - I made a quick call to Sky to ask for a better deal so from August we will be paying £20 less for our tv, wifi phone and mobile package, then we reduced our viewing package and cancelled our multi room viewing  - I think one tv is enough!  that saved a further £29 - that's a whopping monthly saving for our household!!.  It's good to do these checks periodically and I hadn't done one for 2 years.


Next I will look at car insurance and electric/gas bills that need to be brought down a bit.  Every little helps.  Both hubby and young son are saying goodbye to their cars this week.  Sad but necessary.

While I did some ironing we had a bit of escapism watching:    https://therunaways.film/


source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+runaways+2018+film++images+no+copyright&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjA4_uqvtnqAhUK_BoKHWBZDSsQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=the+runaways+2018+film++images+no+copyright&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoECAAQHlC-ogVYrsUFYJ_GBWgAcAB4AIABRogBvwuSAQIyN5gBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1nwAEB&sclient=img&ei=YlMUX8CqM4r4a-CytdgC&bih=719&biw=1536#imgrc=E0_sl0W4-I1D7M

The bbq was cancelled due to grey weather and we had a quick pasta dish.  Today, Monday, the sun is shining and I am off to get a sunbathing update.  Have a good week - sorry not many pictures but maybe do better next time :)




6 comments:

  1. Hi Betty :) Your lunch looks goooooood! :) And that scarf is so pretty. I mostly wear my pj's when I'm around the house, but lately with all of the work, I'm in jeans all the time. I miss wearing skirts, I think I'll browse the online fabric stores and make some for the summer. Paperwork, my least favourite chore, but yes, an overcast day is perfect for that. We recently did what you did, called all of the companies and got better rates, reduced services etc...it really makes a difference! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is gorgeous and tones perfectly with your skirt, you've got the makings of a wonderful outfit there! Can't wait for the new skirt to arrive.
    Loving the look of your sandwich, you've got the husband well trained. Great savings on cancelling that package thing, too.
    We moved our toms on Sunday too and finally I have a tomato the size of a pea!
    Both those films sound interesting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the admin! I really need to get round to seeking out better deals but last week, it took me four days and many hours on the phone to DWP to sort out my pension so I'll have to wait for a rainy day before I get back on the 'admin' horse! I love your new-to-you scarf.Thanks for the viewing tips too - one thing I did do last month was cancel Amazon! Those tomatoes will make fantastic pasta sauce. Have a good week, Betty.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Kitchen on my Cinema Paradiso rental list, I'll look forward to that turning up.
    Great job on the Sky bill, it really does pay to shop around. I got a really good deal on my mobile phone tariff recently.
    My toms look very similar, they always grow taller than I imagine and I never stake them enough.
    Looking forward to seeing your new skirt! The scarf does go very well with your latest skirt.
    Take care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they cherry tomatoes? looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh, that's a great truss of tomatoes! I've stupidly let mine get too many branches and bits (even though I did pinch out the suckers) and now I don't know what to do! Loads of foliage and less actual tomatoes!
    The new skirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.