Monday was more heatwave, so I started the day with a 9am swim at the gym. Distancing was politely observed and I managed to get in 30 lengths. The afternoon was spent mostly sat in front of a fan as the oppressive heat and humidity made the garden unbearably hot. I watered the garden three times that day. The lawn looks like straw and everything has gone into shock. I ate red grapefruit and yoinger son made noodle miso for lunch...
Tuesday and Wednesday I worked but got another swim in. I finished work at 9pm then binge watched Harlots on BBC IPlayer and really enjoyed it- there's a good story line, fantastic costume a lot of rude words and goings on and some very good background music - not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it for light entertainment.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p08kn11z/harlots
I also watched a program about King Solomon's mines and the research that has been going on in Israel to find his lost gold and the Arc of the Covenant, which some believe never left Israel and is hidden in one of the mines. A copper smelting site of epic proportions which was previously thought to be the work of the Pharoahs, has now been dated to Solomon's era. King Solomon features in the Bible and can be found in Ecclesiastes so I read the chapter for good measure.
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20180419-the-israeli-park-with-a-valuable-secret
My Anokhi eBay wins came but the top is going back as it had a paint brush mark on the back, I did try soaking in Vanish which didn't work but the seller has been very pleasant and will refund me. The skirt has had a wash and I will wear it very soon - it has the loveliest colours and is really lightweight and in new condition.
My plant babies are all growing so fast I am running out of places to put them, they are taking over every window! I have lots of ideas in my head for suspending plants and covering the walls with them too - but am trying to hold back until we eventually move.
Finally finished sewing the masks I started weeks ago, it's been a chore as I am a bit obsessive about perfection and they aren't perfect! When I started it was hard to get materials, now you don't even need to make your own - they are everywhere!
We haven't put our house on the market yet, we are having the windows fixed next month snd a few other bits to 'stage' the house. I have registered the house name so, after 26 years, it is officially now Touchwood! What a shame we didn't do it before - it was easy and free.
Thursday night we had rain which the woods badly need - a few trees appear dead, even the pines are wilting -I have been putting water out for the birds although there is a small lake nearby. We have toads in the garage,I put water in there for them too.
Friday another swim - 30 lengths and a whole lane to myself! A quick trip to town to buy bread and cheese for lunch and then a long sleep on the sofa! followed by an old repeat of Escape to the Country on t.v. (Somerset was featured). Younger son made us pasta bake for supper.
Thanks for comments on my painting effort, one day I will get some lessons and improve but for now I am enjoying myself - although using an awful lot of green! must buy some more. I'm off to my favourite room to set up for work today, enjoy the weekend.
P.s. the rolled up sheets are to cover the windows when its hot!








Love your new skirt. Nice colours. I also like the look the the pasta bake. Well done T. The pic of the Hebes and Nasturtium is just crying out to be painted and you certainly don't need lessons, you're ace at it now!!!My Mum has blinds in her conservatory, they really help but not much point in getting them now that you're selling up. Have a great weekend, Betty.xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Betty :) Oh I love that you named your house Touchwood! Very cool! I've been thinking of a name for our homestead...not sure yet, it'll have to grow on me as we live here! The skirt is very nice, looks comfy! Good for you for swimming as much as you can. It's pretty hot here too, at least the nights are cooling off a bit though. Your pasta bake looks yummy! I'm all for melted cheese!! I went back to check out your watercolour paintings...I really like your leaves from Week 2!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty skirt, the colours and print combo are lovely. What a shame about the top but at least the seller was honest enough to refund you.
ReplyDeleteThe pasta bake looks good and I love your masks, the gorgeous row of houseplants and your cool looking conservatory.
It's been raining here for hours, it's cold, grim and grey.I hope all the people who spent the last week moaning about the sunshine are happy now! xxx
Your new skirt is just beautiful Betty. Yes they are talking about compulsory mask wearing over here now we have had a resurgence of the virus so I thought I should sit down & sew up a few. Not really something I look forward to. Have a lovely week Betty xx
ReplyDeleteHarlots sounds good.
ReplyDeleteI really like your new skirt, what a shame about the top though, but at least the seller was helpful and you were able to return it. Let's hope the sun returns, just for a little while so you can wear it before the autumn arrives.
xx