Friday, 21 August 2020

The New Normal week 5


I have lapsed on  blogland with no posts for a week, the truth is not very much has been happening.  I work a few days from  my conservatory and the days off sort of melt away without much to mark them.  Next week it will change though as I will return to the office every other week (we are divided into four groups, rotating, to enable distancing as there are 500 of us and only room for half). I prefer working at home, but this is all part of the new normal, needed to get the British economy going again.




So we decided it was time for a fact finding adventure, to explore some places that might be suitable to relocate to in our future plan ....





We started our adventure on Thursday when we drove to Chepstow, Monmouthshire, staying overnight, next day exploring nearby villages.  The beautiful Forest of Dean is nearby. 

Al the pictures above were taken hurriedly from a random carpark in Chepstow town centre.  I found the most beautiful view of the nearby castle, through a little  crumbling archway on  to wasteland, just a lucky surprise view.

This little picture captures things beautifully.





On Friday we arrived at Minehead in Somerset and are explored more picturesque villages.  This is the area where I  spent much of my childhood holidays , in a cottage on Porlock Hill with my granny, on the beach at Dunster and in the woods walking down to Porlock Weir ... so the area has precious memories and it's wonderful to  be back.  We seem to have by chance met very helpful people who have recently relocated and gave useful insight and advice from their own journey, sometimes destiny puts people on our path for a reason.  So our weekend adventure continues (whilst our two sons host a party bbq that hopefully our house will survive in our absence)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're getting the chance to explore. The only thing I know about Chepstow is that they have horse-racing there?!It looks lovely though. Nice memories of Minehead to have and great that you got to meet like-minded people. Boo to going back to work in the office!! Speak soon.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to the COVID virus being over. I want to be able to go places again. Love your travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having an insightful trip.
    Monmouth is gorgeous, there's a place nearby called Symonds Yat where a lot of our friends holiday every year. I love the ivy covered arch, that's the kind of thing I'm always drawn to, too.
    That's a shame that you're having to go back and work in an office, it must seem rather daunting after so long working from home.
    Hope the lads enjoyed their home alone week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty :) Oh, Chepstow looks like a beautiful place to move to! You mentioned that Minehead was an area where you have childhoood memories...sometimes we are destined to return to areas where we felt the happiest. I lived here in New Brunswick as a teenager. I felt a freedom I never did before when I was that age living here. I also visited here quite often after I burned out and there is an area about an hour's drive from here, where I felt a peace I'd never felt before. I was drawn here and this is where I ended up! Pretty neat! :) The Universe knew it and guided me back home! :) I hope it's the same for you! :) That's a pretty painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful part of the country! And how lovely that there are so many lovely memories there for you. I do believe we meet people for a reason, you clearly were meant to met to receive advice and insights. What a very exciting time!
    Good luck going back to work, this new normal is throwing up some interesting new ways of working, and it's interesting that bosses seemed to fear home working before all this...
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.