Thursday, 18 June 2020

Magic

Joining in the blog hop  with Rain this week.... the theme is Summer Magic - 

Update: thanks for your kind comments, I am making my way round the blog hop to see the other participants … if anyone can point me to a tutorial on how to prepare paper to prevent cockling/bendy paper and that annoying 'bloom/cauliflowering' so I can improve I would be so happy.  I only use 'practice paper' which may not be helping.





For me magic is something of the imagination, it might be real but is unseen and that could only mean fairies ….haven't painted that kind of thing for some years so was a good challenge.  You will probably notice no hands or feet evident, I find them a bit beyond my ability to be honest!   I also have no idea how to properly prepare paper for watercolour so I tend to get all kinds of problems, but hey ho, it's good to try something outside your comfort zone.    I was inspired by a flower fairy print on Pinterest.  

To see more entries or enter one yourself, visit Rain *here*  ...back tomorrow with my usual weekly round up.  





18 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm more into 'Fairy Tales'..
    So..If a story takes place in a magical,
    land, with fantastical creatures who
    perform wondrous tasks, it is very likely
    a fairy tale...! :).
    And..Twisted Fairy Tales an anthology of
    black magic legends that only the bravest
    young readers will dare to delve into before
    bedtime...

    And...
    'I like the Grimm world of the brothers
    wonderful'...! :o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a butterfly girl, she's lovely

    I am inviting you to join my linky on Sundays where i ask what's your Sunday like

    much❧✿❧love

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, would not have noticed absence of hands and feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy fairies! Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty Betty, never mind hands and feet, maybe she doesnt need any? She has wings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled with her wonderful fairy and she is really magical to watch. You painted it so beautifully!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little fairy looks as though she could just hop up & fly away from the leaf Betty. Her colourful wings are gorgeous & you did an especially good job on her face. I find doing the faces on my dolls quite tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is really lovely and I love the setting too. Well done!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Did not look for the hands or feet till I read that phrase. As for the water and paper relationship I am too scared to share what I do as a starter with water colours so love all the art people have to present .

    ReplyDelete
  10. i found this enchanting dear Betty :)))

    you succeeded to made me feel the magic of summer so beautifully indeed :)

    as for as it is hands ,with little practice you can also achieve that stage either
    happy summer's delights my friend
    more shower of blessings upon you and family,amne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Baili, I am glad to have enchanted you:)

      Delete
  11. Well Betty, my experience with deaf people is that their other senses are far more acute than mine and they use them in the most creative ways as you have here. Your fairy is beautiful and your talent is showing. I am thinking that you could get a tutorial on drawing hands and feet and then just use water color paper for your painting ... then all would be well :) I agree that our imaginations are our path to magic and the unseen is what allows our imagination to take over. You are very clever and talented, Betty ... enjoyed my visit :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love your art. She's absolutely lovely, a flower fairy with attitude. Who needs feet or hands? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just lovely. Well done on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't even notice no feet or hands. Geranium Fairy is so lovely.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Betty! :) Your magical piece is beautiful! Love her wings!! :) I'm so glad you joined in, sorry I'm late in visiting! :) As for the buckling...I'm told it's ALWAYS the paper. People online rave about the brand Arches, but it's SO expensive. Apparently their 300 pound paper doesn't buckle. I can't afford it though. I've tried to stretch my Strathmore and Canson brand papers, but they just rip apart. I think our paper is also the cause of the bloom because it doesn't absorb the water well. I find I get more bloom when I use a lot of water too. I've heard that you can gently iron your paintings after they are dry, that's supposed to flatten them, but I haven't tried it yet. I often will just put them under a bunch of heavy books. One of these days I'll try the Arches paper though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.