Friday, 1 May 2020

This week

Can't remember how many weeks it's been now and am, to be honest, quite liking lockdown apart from the risk of Covid-19 of course.  I like this smaller, slower world, leisurely walks, no big list of things that have to be done in a hurry.... although I have a list of things to do whenever...




I have been reading the daily routine of several bloggers and quite like to know what they had for lunch, did with their day etc.  So with nothing better to do, thought I would give a glimpse of what I have been up to the last few days.

As with most days I was up at 6am, showered, left my hair to dry and cleared the kitchen, the boys work shifts and are nocturnal so there's usually a bit of mess.  Amber is now using a litter tray at night so I cleared that, washed the conservatory floor, fed her and gave her insulin injection, then bathed her eye and nose then applied her eye drops as the tumor causes some bleeding and discharge.

Chilli seeds from the fridge are sprouting

Before the men surface I  water house plants and windowsill seedlings, check emails and blogs briefly then  have frozen fruit defrosted in the fridge overnight or a poached egg on toast.  I then watch any tv the men wont enjoy, so today it was The Real Marigold Hotel, a new series of celebrities experimenting with retirement in India - I love it!


I worked 1pm to 9pm over the last 3 days and am off  today and the weekend.  We had heavy rain, hail, high wind all in quick succession today, very noisy on my conservatory roof!  Hubby brings my lunch out there when I'm working, it's usually salad or cheese baguette, soup, etc. And cups of tea!

I was tapping the keyboard yesterday with nails adorned by BarryM from the online sale bundle that arrived by post.




Amber cat sat out through all of the adverse weather yesterday and today under the garden table, refusing to come in apart from a brief moment perched on my lap to reassure me its all going to be fine.  Today she seems stronger and has groomed herself which I usually do for her at tea time.  I just managed to cover my mixed flower seedlings before the hailstones.



Today I put in a 2nd order to our local garden centre for tomato plants and flowers to make up a hanging basket and some more gravel for the footpath.  Hubby then drove me to the vet to pick up eye drops and wormer for Amber which involves phoning on arrival, paying over the phone, then the vet runs out with your package.  Hubby then then waited outside the supermarket while I got supplies for the weekend - mainly salad, milk, cider, paneer, a fajita kit for the boys, tomatos and onions.  We did a big shop by click and collect on Monday so dont need anything else.




A long awaited picture frame for a new poster arrived yesterday and we have put it up with Command sticky strips, it was a long winded process jnvolving much positioning with a spirit level.  I don't like using nails.  Here it is - a print of a vintage travel poster for Hong Kong, this is Ladder Street, we have been there several times and particularly liked the colours and detail in the print.  I rarely like wall art but this is an exception as it reminds us of our travels.  I intend to get a few prints of our holiday snaps done and frame them some time too.






Tonight I will finish reading Driving Over Lemons, an adventure in Andalucia, setting up a home and farm, I love those kind of stories and totally lost myself in this book so am reluctant to finish it.   Dinner is chops for the men and veggie burger for me, and rum and coke for hubby, cider for me, as Friday night is tipple night.




Have a great weekend.  Back soon.








24 comments:

  1. What a great day! Your nails are fancy! Well done!
    I like the home routine, too. I love hearing from you, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I think we all need a routine or we would get slovenly, over eat and become lazy with chores :)

      Delete
  2. Hailstones..Yeah! Jeeeese! Did'nt they
    come down..Well..they would'nt go up
    Willie...! :).

    I've been busy here and there..l was up
    at six..like most mornings, made a lemon
    tea, back to bed for half hour, get depressed
    watching the news..HeHe! Then..off to the
    bathroom..just to beautify myself..! :).
    Usually downstairs for a full English, can't
    start the day without my fry up..!
    And..just to~day l had to pop up the surgery,
    get my prescription, then down to the chemist!

    Back home..Seem to be busier on the PC more than
    usual, lot of family and friends getting in touch,
    one minute l'm writing in English..then Italian,
    still..keeps me alert..! :).
    Nearly seven, l will watch Rick Stein traveling
    to Mexico..it's a repeat..l like Rick Stein, one
    of the few chefs l like to watch..couple crime
    programs at eight..and..that's about it..!
    Off to bed with News channel..!
    Oh! Nearly forgot..l say my prayers..NO! not on
    my knees..And think..
    'Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery,
    To~day is a Gift, That's why it's called the Present'.
    πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ± πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive over Lemons. Hmmm. The scent would be amazing.

    Your nails look amazing! Your day has a schedule about that we need. We are more haphazard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apparently there were so many lemons on the road to the farm the author was moving to he had no choice but to squash all the lemons.

      Delete
  4. I'm quite liking this also! Because we have cut Carers back to twice a day only, it gives me the whole day, no rush for meals at definite times. It's calmer and quieter. I have more time, somehow, to look at things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you are enjoying more time without so many intrusions.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post Betty. Dear old Amber cat - I think of her often. You are lucky to have had the rain - we are very dry here. Although I am enjoying the balmy autumn days, things need a good drink. Will you continue working from home for quite awhile yet do you know? We are being told here in NZ that anyone that can work from home must continue to do so. Its great with our technology that we can do this now. Have a great weekend Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect watering at your place must be a major operation with the amount of things that go thirsty, I am lucky to have a small garden perhaps.

      Delete
  6. You have your routine! Good for you!

    All posting is good posting, during this Miserable Time!!! I sezzzzzz and I stick by it. -grin- Keeping in touch, is the point.

    Well, for me, all posting is always great! I do love blogging.

    "Tra la, it's May"
    🌱🌸🌱😊🌱🌸🌱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hard to think of things to blog about in these quiet days of lockdown but anything goes.

      Delete
  7. Well Ive quite enjoyed hearing how your day unfolded! And thanks for the book recommendation too, I'm going to see if I can find it somewhere.... maybe my library might have it online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a stack of books the day our library was closing, but it was online too so I hope yours has it, really lovely read.

      Delete
  8. I am enjoying this quieter, slower existence too.
    I'm glad Amber cat seems to be improving, grooming is always a good sign.
    What a lovely print, it's so nice that it has some emotional connection too. You've spurred me on to get some of my prints on the walls.
    The book sounds good, I'll put it on my books-to-buy list.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes do try and get it online from your library

      Delete
  9. Love your nails. I just want to tell Amber to come out of the rain!!Have a good weekend, Betty.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad Amber's improving with all the love and attention you're lavishing on her, she certainly deserves it. Isn't she funny sitting out in the rain? Frank does that, too!
    I love hearing about other people's routines, as someone commented on my blog the other day, it's rather comforting to read about every day stuff when the news is full of horrific stories.
    Love your framed print and I really enjoyed Driving Over lemons, I had a real obsession with those books about people starting new lives abroad. Blue Skies and Black Olives by the BBC's John Humphreys was one I read recently and enjoyed.
    Liking the pink Barry M, today is Barry M day and I'm not sure which colour to choose. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are having rain a bit now so our usual walks are on hold. Watching the birds and an occasional squirrel out the bay window is becoming a thing now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving this quieter pace of life too...the book sounds great will give it a go..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched the first episode of the Real Marigold Hotel last night. I liked when Brit Ekland said she didn't need a man, she said "I'm my own trophy". I remember her very well during her Rod Stewart days and always wanted to look like her. Oh the follies of youth! Happy Sunday Betty. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Betty, it was nice to meet you a bit through reading this post. I'm a first-time drop in visitor who wanted to say Thanks for the comment on my recent blog post. I really enjoy meeting new bloggers and do hope you will stop in again sometime. We are retired and haven't had a routine for many years. That said, I do plan on accomplishing 1 or 2 things a day and usually do except when getting sidetracked by myself. The self-isolation hasn't been as hard for us, not being able to visit with friends and family is the hardest as for most all. I hope that Amber is doing better. Now I will be reading some of your older posts to get to know you better. By the way, my given name is Dorothy (Beatrice & Grenville are aliases from when we started the blog) and my husband is Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, the Lemons book seems like the type of book I like (like a Year in Provence or something like that?!)
    Exciting about your chilli seeds! I must plant my seeds esp as my blog friend Sophie sent them to me!
    Very stylish nails!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you start your day almost like me :)

    i loved your day diary Betty ,i agree that we can find glory , beauty and peace in everything life brings forth to us because none of this is hidden outside but lies within us and when on right moment we contemplate on moments we have we are able to unfold these treasures
    i am sure we all are going to learn so much from this lockdown :)
    this is nice that Amber is doing good under your kind care
    i loved your nail color :) your choice resembles mine :)
    name of book sounds really unique and intriguing
    more blessings to your beautiful world my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.