Our garden centre delivered on Sunday, unexpectedly, they are operating on an as and when basis. The long awaited tomato plants plus mini cucumber, geranium, a cardboard box full of surprise selection for a hanging basket, gravel and wood chip. As we are having heavy rains and it's turned chilly I will keep them in the conservatory for a bit to be on the safe side - it's getting cramped out there but it's really fun having all these things growing on windowsills.


I wore my Anokhi skirt (EBay last year), a cotton embroidered top and my turquoise jewellery. I usually only wear things like this on holiday, the necklace is from Accessorise many years ago, the earrings, which happen to go well, were a birthday present from my friend last year and I hadn't worn them yet. They are hand made, silver and turquoise, we chose them together on a girls weekend in Brighton. I painted my nails to match.


I joined our church 30 minute online service and then did the Waitrose newspaper crossword. Hubby did the menu and shopping list this week so I just checked it looked ok for click and collect tomorrow and then bathed Amber's eye and gave her a good brush.
Watched Killing Eve, oldest son did a Zoom quiz game with some friends online, he is really missing the pub and friends; younger son, who is missing his girlfriend terribly, joined his dad for a few beers in the plant crowded conservatory.
I have loaded up a bag of beer cans and bottles, now the pubs are shut there is a noticeable increase in recycling! Will take these with me when I do my supermarket click and collect later. There's a clump of bamboo growing randomly in the woods, I hope to cut some pea sticks from it today to use on the tomato plants.
My lemon tree is growing fruit already. It's outside but I cover it at night.
Tomato and cucumber plants potted up, Amber checking out the new bbq
Hope the weather holds out …… how was your weekend?


I wore my Anokhi skirt (EBay last year), a cotton embroidered top and my turquoise jewellery. I usually only wear things like this on holiday, the necklace is from Accessorise many years ago, the earrings, which happen to go well, were a birthday present from my friend last year and I hadn't worn them yet. They are hand made, silver and turquoise, we chose them together on a girls weekend in Brighton. I painted my nails to match.


I joined our church 30 minute online service and then did the Waitrose newspaper crossword. Hubby did the menu and shopping list this week so I just checked it looked ok for click and collect tomorrow and then bathed Amber's eye and gave her a good brush.
Watched Killing Eve, oldest son did a Zoom quiz game with some friends online, he is really missing the pub and friends; younger son, who is missing his girlfriend terribly, joined his dad for a few beers in the plant crowded conservatory.
I have loaded up a bag of beer cans and bottles, now the pubs are shut there is a noticeable increase in recycling! Will take these with me when I do my supermarket click and collect later. There's a clump of bamboo growing randomly in the woods, I hope to cut some pea sticks from it today to use on the tomato plants.
My lemon tree is growing fruit already. It's outside but I cover it at night.
Tomato and cucumber plants potted up, Amber checking out the new bbq
Helped hubby assemble the new bbq (it took 3 hours, stopping only for soup at lunch time). When our oven went on for dinner, we found it had finally died, we have had it 10 years and it has been temperamental, thank goodness we now have the bbq to keep us going! We will manage until lockdown ends, no hurry to replace as we have the hob and slow cooker too. The boys cooked steaks on the hob and I had left over lentil dahl/rice, hubby found the grill still works and cooked himself sausages! We rarely eat the same thing together in this house - too many likes and dislikes. I am thinking without an oven our electricity bill might be a lot cheaper!
Hope the weather holds out …… how was your weekend?





What a pretty necklace! Theres nothing quite like a girls weekend together is there? I'm missing my dearest friend so much - admittedly she lives 2000kms away but I was expecting to be living nearer to her before this virus thing happened. Oh well, at least we are fortunate to have Zoom!
ReplyDeleteI think that's the only thing about this lockdown I miss too, seeing friends - most live very local too.
DeleteYou gotta a goooood hubby. I love that.
ReplyDeletethanks, yes, I do have a very good hubby, we met age 19, married at 23 - you have to catch them early!
DeleteOh I would have been just so excited about a Garden Centre delivery Betty. I managed to buy some veggie plants today - it felt like Christmas!! You look really lovely with your hair up like that.
ReplyDeleteso pleased for you Julie! who would think we would all get excited about planting veg! I am growing my hair long but putting it up is still a skill I have to work on :)
DeleteJust about Tuesday morning, l off to
ReplyDeleteLidl after breakfast..Though peering
through the Paddington Bear curtains,
it's just spitting with rain, that's
the forecast for us in the S/West..
I hate rain..Well..It's so wet isn't
it..! :).
BBQ looks nice..Though l'm a charcoal
person, food tastes a lot better that
way, a friend built mine some 40rs ago,
and well used, first Sunday in August,
for the last 38yrs is my annual Barby..
Up until 5yrs ago, it was 50+ down a bit
now to 20+ a lot of friends, family have
died over the years, nothing to do with my
cooking mind..! :).
So..l've watch the news, had my first lemon
tea of the day..off to the bathroom, to
beautify myself, breakfast, then up to
Lidl..my daughter made and sent me a couple
of face masks, the plain ones are..well..
plain..so she's made me some 'pinky' ones..
What else..As l say.."Every street is a catwalk".
π±ππ±ππ±ππ±ππ±π±ππ±ππ±ππ±ππ±
I absolutely love your Anokhi outfit, the nails are perfect and the jewellery is fabulous! Like you, I saved certain clothes for travel by realised a couple of years ago that they're the ones that are most "me" and now wear them all year round - just as you should!
ReplyDeleteYour garden is going to be looking lovely, some fab healthy looking plants there.
Amber is looking really well, she looks very content basking in the sunlight.
What a nusiance with the oven. That BBQ looks very professional though.
I feel so sorry for the kids in their teens and twenties, can you imagine how hard it must be for them? I'm not sure I'd have obeyed the rules, I'd have probably climbed out the bedroom window in the dead of night and escaped! xxx
It is exciting having lots of things growing. I love visiting my greenhouse every morning to see how things are progressing. I miss garden centres, our local one has (had?) the loveliest tearoom, and made the best cakes, I often used to combine my plant perusal with a slice of battenberg.
ReplyDeleteLovely jewellery, you should dress like this more often, why save all that prettiness for holidays? The skirt looks lovely.
Sorry to hear about your oven, but the bbq will make every meal feel like a summer weekend!
xx
I was so excited when my seeds were delivered from the garden centre on Sunday too! It's nice to have the time to garden and Im gong to make the most of it.
ReplyDeleteLove your outfit too x
Hooray for getting tomato plants. Too soon here, to put them out though.
ReplyDeleteAnd also hooray for dressing up!!!! "Does a body good!"
"they say" there is more home garbage/recycle pick up now, too. But on the other hand, there has to be less such, downtown, where the restaurants/bars are. It has to even out...
"She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
"Winter is dead.” "
πΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌ
Randy and I have been watching birds a lot. Today I am feeling antsy. Tomorrow we go to the coast in Lincoln City to check on Randy's house there and do some painting. We hope to sell it this summer. I look forward to the trip to escape!
ReplyDeletei felt for your sons dear Betty but what is nice that they are able to spend lots of time with both of you ,believe me i am starving to have my eldest son with us ,i am grateful that he has friends there and can join the once in a while ,it makes me less concerned
ReplyDeleteyour dress is elegant and looks lovely on you Betty ,wow i absolutely Loved your jewelry exquisite :)
how nice your plants arrived and placed well ,your lemon looks delightful
good to have new appliances specially when old one are worn out
stay well and blessed my friedn!
I do like your necklace.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan