Another work from home day - it has been very hot sitting in this spot so sometimes I put a sheet over the window.
This is the Anokhi dress I won on eBay ages ago, I only noticed when washing the other day, that it has a pretty border but the hem had been let down so it wasn't visible. I had my sewing machine out yesterday to put this to rights.
I then got my mending pile out (pink camisole needed darts/taking in, orange kaftan had a split at the side and a hole that I have invisibly mended.
The red and purple silk bag had a big rip so I have fixed that (it was used as free packaging when my kaftan was posted out to me, which I think is a lovely way to cut down on plastic and waste), far too good to throw away, it's been recycled now as my nightie case.
I have been wearing this dress a lot lately, it's light and very see-through - so worn with a long slip. It's a smock but I wear it with my leather belt.
I take a walk with hubby nearly every day now on a circuit of about 8km, my target was 10,000 steps so I am doing well. I hope to be walking the dogs at the rescue kennels again soon now that lockdown is easing and this walk would work for them too.
This was a bad hair day! I think I will cut an inch off this week. I haven't seen a hairdresser for 6 months! the grey is creating its own highlights, previous caramel highlights growing out and gone a bit brassy - something will need doing soon but for now I am mostly wearing it 'up'.
These are the wildflowers in the hedges and verges on our walk. Although the path has been lost as the local authority are not cutting it back lately, the bonus is that it makes a haven for red admiral butterflies and bright electric blue dragonfly.
I think this might be hedge bindweed.
Wild iris growing in a ditch - there are a lot of these along the roadside ditches.
I ordered cotton face masks. I could have made some, I know, but didn't have elastic and need urgently as oldest son is starting a new job this coming week and we hadn't thought about it. I ordered from &Keep after seeing my friend Vix mention their floor cleaner on her blog and threw in some natural cleaning products as I feel a Spring clean coming on ....
Enjoying the next few days in the garden, no work until Tuesday - I suspect with all this sunshine we are in for a hosepipe ban soon!










In the widow of a charity shop in town is
ReplyDeletean electric sewing machine..Priced at £20..
It was £25 in the shop..it's been there ages,
l've been thinking of getting another when my
Mums old Jones jammed and gave up the spindle! :(.
Wish l'd bought it now, as my daughter got me
a new Italian flag last week, arrived Thursday..
They need turning, binding, looping and a toggle
fitted, took me a couple hours by hand, if l'd
had that machine, it would have been half the time!
So..I think l'll be buying it on opening day..when
ever that will be..? ;).
I've also done my three hanging baskets, two wicker
baskets, some pansies have reappeared from last year,
put some house ivies out, nothing special this year,
lot of wild things grow as well, some years ago, l let
the pond area go wild..no fish..plenty of wild life..!
I'm no gardener, like things to be a bit rough looking,
don't like things in straight lines, unusual really,
being a Virgo..!
Well..best get on..another lemon tea me thinks, couple
bourbon biscuits..Not seen Fudge or Flossie this morning
yet..usually round first thing for their milk..! ;).
πΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌ
do you know what I would do?! pop a note and/or a cheque thru the post or door of that charity shop asking them to reserve it until you can get in; so that when they open up that sewing machine gets put to one side for you - they are like gold dust - hope you get it.
DeleteVery pretty dresses. I would ahve sent you masks. I think I have made over 40 by now!
ReplyDeletethankyou! that's kind, you need yours! once I get mine I can copy them and make some more :)
DeleteWith the warmer weather, I am wearing long skirts and dresses too!!!!! Love it!!!!!! -smile-
ReplyDeleteYours are so pretty!
Looks like our Hair Salons and Barber Shops will open June 1st. With having them tested, and etc., etc.
Oh how wonderful, that the "Authorities" are not cutting the wild flowers! And just look at the flying beauties, which are happy to live, in them!!!!!
Out hot/humid weather, was capped with biggg T-storms. But they "washed the air clean"! And it is perfect weather, today. -smile-
When you grumble
at pandemic Rules,
Remember!!!
It did not start in Switzerland,
or in Brazil, or in Timbuktu.
It began in Communist China!
π§ π§ π§ π§ π§ π§ π§ π§ π§ π§
Your pics are lovely & summery looking Betty. I wear my hair up alot as I find it cooler. No one really sees me much now so it doesn't matter if its a bit messy - my grandsons don't care or notice. Your garden looks lovely in the background of your photos.
ReplyDeleteYour wardrobe is absolutely gorgeous, you've found some amazing pieces recently! I love the trim on your Anokhi's hem and that pink dress is stunning, I want it!
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks so long and it suits you up.
Those &keep facemasks look lovely, I've been really happy with everything I've bought from them, it makes housework a fun having the right tools! xxx
PS Good luck to your son in his new job!
Hi Betty :) You have a nice spot to work! Lovely photos, I really like that nightie case. And by the way, your "bad hair day" doesn't look bad to me at all, you look so natural and pretty in that photo, love the skirt!! :)
ReplyDeleteLoving all of your clothes. You really suit your hair that length and in an 'up' do. Must get insufferably hot working away in the conservatory while it's so hot outside. Hope you're enjoying your free time too.xx
ReplyDeleteI love all the dresses! Your walks sound wonderful, too!
ReplyDeleteI've been riding my bike. I love the downhill coasts and I can't help grinning as I fly down the road. I hope I don't get bugs in my teeth! LOL! I ordered some more masks, too. They were backordered so they won't be here for a while, but I think we'll have to wear them all summer.
God be with you, good Betty!
i absolutely loved your images specially your own ones with gorgeous dresses :)
ReplyDeleteyou look beautiful in each dress dear Betty
your workplace is so relaxing indeed :)
these bags are so pretty ,i miss doing my mending sometimes
uncut grass and plants providing heaven for butterflies how nice :)
wow your walks sound amazing ,i am unable to take mine due to sickness
best of luck for gardening and all you choose to do my friend!
Gorgeous dress! I’m glad it’s getting lots of wear, it certainly deserves it. Well done on getting things mended, my mend pile only ever seems to get bigger!
ReplyDeletexx