My delivery arrived last week from the local garden centre. I wanted to get cracking but on Tuesday woke up with a sprained neck which periodically traps a nerve and so have a limited range of movement at the moment!
So there was a delay in activity until it occurred to me the men could do some work … and did it better than me as it turned out! I had lots of compost, decorative woodchip for the borders, gravel for the pathway … grow bags for tomatoes and 24 snap dragons to plant.
The herbs (mint, lemon balm, oregano and thyme) have all been separated and replanted to multiply.
Lemon and calamondi trees have gone outside for some sun
container flower seedlings planted
snapdragons planted in the border
herbs moved into sunny positions
I don't normally buy magazines as my library provides them free online through a digital app - but this month's magazine paid for itself as it had a variety of free seeds and a two for one card for a year of visits to National Trust gardens... surely eventually lockdown will end and, even with plenty of distancing, we could enjoy a garden, or two, or three? Hope so.
We are awaiting delivery of a bbq - what else do you do with three men with too much time on their hands? send them outside to cook …. it's somewhere to balance beer cans and they will have endless fun cooking their steaks and huddling round together :) No doubt a bit of haloumi or a veggie sausage will come my way!
I, of course, have been spending my time painting my nails with my new selection of Barry M nail colours (30% discount bundle) which arrived by courier
We thought it would be good to learn something new during lockdown, hubby is teaching me chess. So far it's not going too well! I will persevere.
We did 'the clap' for the NHS on Thursday night of course - one of our neighbours had changed his porch lighting to NHS blue! It's the only chance we get to see anyone and say a very distant hello.
Amber cat plods on. Her diabetes is still not fully under control but she is definitely perkier with the twice daily insulin jabs. She lost a lot of weight so we are fattening her up. Her coat shows she has been through a lot but she's still hanging in there. She lost her last fang tooth but doesn't seem bothered and seems to have attracted a new boyfriend, he hot foots it when we open the door so all we see is something black with white socks streaking off .....
How was your lockdown this week?
So there was a delay in activity until it occurred to me the men could do some work … and did it better than me as it turned out! I had lots of compost, decorative woodchip for the borders, gravel for the pathway … grow bags for tomatoes and 24 snap dragons to plant.
The herbs (mint, lemon balm, oregano and thyme) have all been separated and replanted to multiply.
Lemon and calamondi trees have gone outside for some sun
container flower seedlings planted
snapdragons planted in the border
Hubby covered the borders in woodchip from our delivery and I think it looks nice and tidy - being next to the woods a lot of weeds come in and this is a good way to stop them - also the things we do want to see flourish get their feet kept nice and damp.
herbs moved into sunny positions
sweet peas planted with improvised wigwam
I don't normally buy magazines as my library provides them free online through a digital app - but this month's magazine paid for itself as it had a variety of free seeds and a two for one card for a year of visits to National Trust gardens... surely eventually lockdown will end and, even with plenty of distancing, we could enjoy a garden, or two, or three? Hope so.
We are awaiting delivery of a bbq - what else do you do with three men with too much time on their hands? send them outside to cook …. it's somewhere to balance beer cans and they will have endless fun cooking their steaks and huddling round together :) No doubt a bit of haloumi or a veggie sausage will come my way!
I, of course, have been spending my time painting my nails with my new selection of Barry M nail colours (30% discount bundle) which arrived by courier
We thought it would be good to learn something new during lockdown, hubby is teaching me chess. So far it's not going too well! I will persevere.
We did 'the clap' for the NHS on Thursday night of course - one of our neighbours had changed his porch lighting to NHS blue! It's the only chance we get to see anyone and say a very distant hello.
Amber cat plods on. Her diabetes is still not fully under control but she is definitely perkier with the twice daily insulin jabs. She lost a lot of weight so we are fattening her up. Her coat shows she has been through a lot but she's still hanging in there. She lost her last fang tooth but doesn't seem bothered and seems to have attracted a new boyfriend, he hot foots it when we open the door so all we see is something black with white socks streaking off .....
How was your lockdown this week?













You have been so busy! I got very excited yesterday when a delivery of bags of compost arrived! And canes for my beans. It's so heartening to see things growing, but a lot to keep up with. I also had Snapdragons from Sarah Raven so ready to plant out today. I think the danger of frost has passed, hopefully.
ReplyDeleteNeck! Neck! Don't talk to me about necks..! :(.
ReplyDelete12yrs ago l was diagnosed with..Cervical Spondyosis,
Yep! Arthritis in the neck..So began years of lengthy
treatment..up to two years ago, it all stopped, and
told..if you should feel unwell, suffer dizziness,
faint, fall down..dial 999..been very close, very
close...! Still it's not life threatening..so that's
summat..."Nuff Said" :).
Goodness..There's me 'waffling' away..and l should
be saying how the your garden is coming on nicely..
Don't forget to plant Pansies.."I~LOVE~PANSIES"
There my favourite..love the little faces..! :).
Oh! I play chess..or l used to..Yeah! I was very
good to, won a few tourements..it's a great game..
And ideal for this Lock~Up..No! Sorry Lockdown! ;).
And..Amber..Bless the little lady..Well, if she
can still pull the boys..we'll say no more..HeHe!
Little (((Hug))) little X and a gentle pat...Bless!
Not necessarily in that order...! :o).
😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾
I love your purple nails, how glam do they look?
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your neck, that's all you need with all those lovely flowers to plant. Thank goodness for some captive males to lend a hand!
Your garden is looking fabulous, I'm a big fan of woodchip, we treated ourselves to a chipper a couple of years ago, I love playing with it and that wonderful smell it produces.
Hope Amber continues to do okay, she's so pretty. xxx
I hope your neck feels better soon Betty - the garden looks wonderful. Dear old Ambercat - she is looking her age but still well.
ReplyDeleteLose a fang, gain a new boyfriend. I could've done with that piece of info in my 20s :D
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks really nice.
I hope your neck is better?!
xx
My life partner has been trying to teach me chess, but he is so good at it I feel lacking! He will shake his head when I start to make a bad move! LOL
ReplyDeleteI don't normally buy magazines either, as I read them for free at Barnes but .. every now and then, there's one that is worth the money and I use at home. I love those!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that you are in pain. I can relate to pinched nerves. Not fun. Here's to more pain-free days. PS: Hi. I'm Ivy!