Thursday, 23 April 2020

Earth Day






I didn't see any mention of Earth Day in the media/news yesterday.... I am thinking the future of our planet is as important as the crisis we are in with the Corona virus pandemic …



I am admittedly usually somewhat complacent about Green issues but, probably with more time on my hands during lockdown, am feeling aware, concerned, worried.... it sometimes seems futile, too little too late, to make small changes in my own household to alleviate the damage we do to our environment.  But I will try harder, I will make small changes and I will be more grateful for our planet.

https://www.earthday.org/24-hours-of-action/





11 comments:

  1. Your quite right..and to~day is St Georges
    day..not a mention anywhere..and he's supposed
    to be England's patron saint..
    I'm a Sicilian, and from Mon~Sat the Italian flag
    flies outside my home, the Sicilian flag on Sunday.
    In America the Stars and Stripes flies everywhere,
    Outside major buildings, offices, shops, and homes!

    If and when this virus thing is over, l think most
    people 'WILL' change their attitudes towards life,
    and each other..hopefully so..!

    Remember..
    "Life is like cooking, all the ingredients are there,
    you just hope it comes out o.k."

    And..Don't forget to clap to~night at eight o'clock..
    God Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true Willie, all the ingredients are there, we just have to get the recipe right! we are allowed to make mistakes as long as we try again :)

      Delete
  2. If everyone makes even a tiny change it must add up to something positive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. must do, even if only in our small pocket of the World

      Delete
  3. i agree that for the first time i too did not notice any earth day special program on t.v

    i think that during these weird circumstances when we are facing many problems while dealing with day to day life on the other hand having lots of time making us think about issues we never gave mind before and thought is very first step towards any betterment :)
    n
    best of luck with your new changes my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, small steps are better than none I guess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, the Earth is probably breathing much more happily, during this *Time*. With so much less fumes going up into her atmosphere. Look at the pictures, of big cities, before and during this *Time*.... Clear skies, instead of smog.

    Yes, the steps we can take, are better, than none at all.

    I recently did a post, on this whole topic. (https://wordswisps.blogspot.com/2020/04/something-new-to-me.html) And you read/commented on it. -smile-

    But how to put the Genie of the Industrial Revolution, back in its bottle?

    🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if we all just made small changes within our household Betty ... then this would add up to a big amount. I now make my own cleaners & dishcloths & try to really limit my use of plastic - use my worm farm, compost, grow my own veggies. I think these small things really help in the whole cycle of things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My facebook feed was pretty full of Earth Day stuff but that's probably because most of my friends have similar interests to me. Understandably everything is taking a backseat to coronavirus at the moment but I am loving how quiet it is, barely anny planes overhead or distant motorway noise as so many of us are staying at home.
    I'm hoping this period will be a time for people to reflect on their lifestyles and make positive changes but I have a feeling they'll be mile long queues for Mc*****ds and P****k once it's all over and fast fashion & junk food will reign supreme once again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do need to appreciate our planet and work to preserve every part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I noticed Earth Day come and go without much fanfare. If nothing else the lack of travel means that the earth is having a rest, with pollution levels going down. I hope that people and businesses now realise that not all travel is essential, we don't all have to work in the same building, shopping local is good thing. There have to be some positives come out of this situation, I'm keeping everything crossed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.