This week we have been out less often, enjoying the back garden more. We are worried about the number of people we encounter on walks so on the days I work we don't go out at all and on my days off, we will be going out much earlier in the morning.
The fields around here are looking pretty, although the men in my house are suffering badly with hay fever this week, this lovely yellow rapeseed really aggravates them....
With so much time at home, there's far less need to worry about whether what I wear conforms with the rest of the World! I am enjoying my kaftans and holiday wear, why keep all this in a suitcase for a holiday when it can be enjoyed every day?
It certainly makes me feel cheery wearing bright colours and pretty prints.
Working in the conservatory is really nice as it's warm out there and I am getting the sunshine a bit. Hubby brings me fruit salad at 3pm and numerous cups of tea. My grow bags were delivered today but the tomato plants will come next week, plenty of weeding and digging to be done though.
How’s your week going?
The fields around here are looking pretty, although the men in my house are suffering badly with hay fever this week, this lovely yellow rapeseed really aggravates them....
With so much time at home, there's far less need to worry about whether what I wear conforms with the rest of the World! I am enjoying my kaftans and holiday wear, why keep all this in a suitcase for a holiday when it can be enjoyed every day?
![]() |
| Anokhi top EBay Trousers from Anokhi Delhi |
Amber is still adjusting to her new insulin dose, more glucose testing for her on Friday. She seems less thirsty and calmer and has been out a lot visiting neighbours (spent a whole day with the people next door apparently while they sunbathed in their garden!) all that socialising makes her very sleepy....
Working in the conservatory is really nice as it's warm out there and I am getting the sunshine a bit. Hubby brings me fruit salad at 3pm and numerous cups of tea. My grow bags were delivered today but the tomato plants will come next week, plenty of weeding and digging to be done though.
How’s your week going?




Amber doesnt need to worry about social distancing!
ReplyDeleteI've been transplanting my tiny Tomato seedlings into bigger pots, and getting the greenhouse ready for them.
Nice clothes for hot weather!
Spending a lot more time in the garden too and just pottering around doing small maintenance jobs. Found 3 packets of seeds today that
ReplyDeleteI had forgotten about and see from the instructions that they can be planted out now. Like you have gotten my holiday wear out as it won’t be seeing any foreign shores this year or the local seaside. Wearing a bright yellow floaty top today hugs Mrs A. .
Not on computer as much,
ReplyDeletedue to *achy* back.
But reading some posts,
And hate to read,
Without even a tiny comment.
-smile-
~~~~~~~~~~
Stay safe
Stay home
πΈππ·ππΈ
Hello Betty!
ReplyDeleteThe sun has been shining so we are thankful!
I've been talking to my mom every day and that has been very sweet.
I FaceTimed with a dear friend today (both in our pajamas) and that was very cheerful.
We are having good meals and feeling peaceful.
Have a lovely Easter. I love your quarantine clothes! So pretty!
Today was the first that I had to fight the anxiety and claustrophobia of confinement. I begged to go for a drive and that helped immensely. Going through the drive-thru was a treat.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see your holiday clothes and hear that Amber's doing well and socialising with the neighbours.
ReplyDeleteHasn't it been glorious? Perfect stay at home weather! x
I was put on 'furlough'(until at least the end of May or when my boss deems it necessary to return to work, at 2 days notice?)as from yesterday so that suits me just fine and dandy. Just pootering through the days but really need to stay offline. Lots of stuff I COULD be doing! Love your hair up, you really suit it and you look cheery in your holiday gear. Will write over the weekend.xxx
ReplyDeleteyou look fabulous in your dresses dear Betty
ReplyDeletei am amazed how combination of green and white can create such charming look :)))
your resting place is so lovely indeed my friend!
this is nice that your pet is recovering gradually , this is great fun to do lots of garden work in such free times dear Betty ,i bet it will give you true happiness because it is always magical to make connection with soil and sowing is therapeutic ,though hubby does here all the gardening work as i am already tired with house chores but i can recall my mom's face and how serene she looked while sowing ,digging or picking up the fruits of her hard work
i wish someday i can find some time to do so
Well..here l am..
ReplyDeleteHello Betty..nice to have gotten to
know you via e~mail..finally gotten
around to viewing your Blog..HeHe!
So as you've got a lovely pussy~cat..
Amber..I clicked onto follow! :).
I've only been out three times in the
last three weeks, though l must get up
to Lidl tomorrow..few bits and pieces
needed..plenty of food really..Two things
with me is 1) I won't get short of food..
2) I won't get bored..Things have to be done,
like yesterday..One thing l don't have is
patience..terrible really, don't read books,
never have, unless there are pictures..the
old brain is always ticking over..and, l run
around the ceiling a lot..! HeHe! :o).
Well..best get on..l've put myself down as
a follower..hope that's o.k. Don't have a
CV..so you'll have to take my word that l'm
not a weirdo..HeHe! Though some may beg to
differ..
Anyways..God Bless! Take Care! AND..a very
Happy Easter to one and all...! :o).
πππππππππππππππππ
Bright colours and cheery patterns are a great way to keep your spirits lifted.
ReplyDeleteAndy says that there are more people out and about, where normally he would see no one. I guess it's to be expected.
It's good to hear Amber is adjusting to her medication.
How lovely to have a tea boy :)
xx
Week 3? I have been in lockdown since end of February! It seems like it will never end.
ReplyDelete