Weekend - week 1 of UK lockdown
With some warm undies/leggings my kaftan had it's first airing but didnt make it outside the house!
Saturday morning there was a big puddle of poo to sort out as poor old Amber cat is adjusting to her illness/medication. I mopped the floors down and then did my usual current clean down of all door handles, taps, surfaces with wet wipes to avoid Corona virus as I am pretty worried about encountering it via hard surfaces.
Worked 9am to 5.30 on Saturday from my new home office set up.
The cane chairs are less likely to swallow us whole now I i have nailed the sezts back down... but I would like to change the covers. I like the idea of something hard wearing/strong and ethnic that could be repurposed like a turkish rug perhaps or some rag mats, will have to think about it some more - any ideas?
My food delivery came. Both my sons are working in supermarket warehouses 'picking' for deliveries, but they don't do mine. I am buying more food that can be cooked from scratch so that space is used well and we can make meals and freeze ahead, shepherds pie, curry, pizza bases.
I started digging my border out to make the garden ready for planting. Will have to look for gardening supplies online but might have enough room to grow some tomatos in bags. My brother is a gardener and has lots of advice but is not local, he thinks this small patch could easily become a cottage garden flower display, what do you think? I could give it a try.
On Sunday i mended the latch on the garden gate to stop it banging.
Amber cat went to the vet to see if her twice daily insulin jab is kicking in. It isn't, her bloods should read 8 and were registering 24; so she is going back at the end of the week for a stay day to see what's happening.
We wrapped up well and went for a walk on Sunday along some fields up to the main road and back, as it was intermittantly raining we kept to the roads.
How's your lock down going?
kaftan, allaboutaudrey.co.uk
With some warm undies/leggings my kaftan had it's first airing but didnt make it outside the house!
Saturday morning there was a big puddle of poo to sort out as poor old Amber cat is adjusting to her illness/medication. I mopped the floors down and then did my usual current clean down of all door handles, taps, surfaces with wet wipes to avoid Corona virus as I am pretty worried about encountering it via hard surfaces.
Worked 9am to 5.30 on Saturday from my new home office set up.
The cane chairs are less likely to swallow us whole now I i have nailed the sezts back down... but I would like to change the covers. I like the idea of something hard wearing/strong and ethnic that could be repurposed like a turkish rug perhaps or some rag mats, will have to think about it some more - any ideas?
My food delivery came. Both my sons are working in supermarket warehouses 'picking' for deliveries, but they don't do mine. I am buying more food that can be cooked from scratch so that space is used well and we can make meals and freeze ahead, shepherds pie, curry, pizza bases.
I started digging my border out to make the garden ready for planting. Will have to look for gardening supplies online but might have enough room to grow some tomatos in bags. My brother is a gardener and has lots of advice but is not local, he thinks this small patch could easily become a cottage garden flower display, what do you think? I could give it a try.
On Sunday i mended the latch on the garden gate to stop it banging.
Amber cat went to the vet to see if her twice daily insulin jab is kicking in. It isn't, her bloods should read 8 and were registering 24; so she is going back at the end of the week for a stay day to see what's happening.
We wrapped up well and went for a walk on Sunday along some fields up to the main road and back, as it was intermittantly raining we kept to the roads.
How's your lock down going?



I'm sorry that Amber isn't improving, she looks so pretty snuggled up on her chair. Keeping evrything crossed.
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful in your kaftan, such a lovely colour.
I buy from a company on eBay called erugs14, they sell old kilims and cushion covers refashioned from tatty kilims, they dispatch from Pakistan so I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait for a delivery in the current situation but they're brilliant and accept cheeky offers!
Well done on sorting out the chairs and the latch.
A veg garden sounds like a very doable idea, if I can do it anyone can. I found a local garden centre who were doing deliveries, might be worth a few emails just on the off chance. xxx
thanks for the tip ref erugs14, will take a look,sounds like just the ticket, don't mind waiting, this house has evolved over 27 years so a wait on cushions won't hurt. Good idea about emails to garden centres, will look into it, thanks.
DeleteHi Betty! Prayers for Amber.
ReplyDeleteWe go out for walks. I think we'll change our route today. I don't want to associate the after dinner walk with the odd feel of this time in history.
I just made soup and I'll make muffins soon. We have a lot of food in our little freezer. I've been sewing and knitting, visiting friends via text (or online) and talking to my mom on the phone. She doesn't like being cooped up. Take care, friend. God be with you.
Enjoy your walks, Karen - take care.
DeleteYou could have a couple of raised beds in that nice garden area, Betty.It's worth buying quickly now as so many plants and seeds are unavailable, and garden centres are closed. I have just ordered some vegetable plants from Marshalls who seem to have most things in.
ReplyDeleteThanks B, yes I did actually get a few things on order from Marshalls the day b4 this post hope it all turns up!
DeleteYour kaftan looks fabulous, what a shame you didn't get to share it with the outside world, soon though with a bit of luck.
ReplyDeleteI hope the vets can adjust Amber's meds soon, it's horrid when they're not themselves.
We had a power cut at the weekend, just to add to the fun and games!
xx
HI Hazel, no power cuts here although I suspect they will be something that we all experience in the next few months as there are less people well enough to maintain everything.
DeleteI am so glad I have Randy with me. We are isolated and supporting each other. We talk, walk, play games, go for drives, read, and laugh together. Difficult times. But love sees us through it all.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have someone to care for you Rose, keep safe.
DeleteMany local garden centres here are closed but still doing online deliveries. I ordered a bag of compost for my Mother the other day from a farm shop around the corner from her house, to be delivered to her yesterday morning.They (apparently) were taking too long to deliver
ReplyDeletei.e. they hadn't delivered it by 8.30am, that she got in her car and went round and collected it herself!! You can imagine how high I threw my hands in the air at that point! It's not a trial to get through the days, thankfully keeping in touch through cyberspace and from all corners of the world is such a bonus and uplifting. One of my sisters who lives quite a distance away got her 'shielding' letter yesterday and isn't coping well with the thought of imprisonment inside her home for the next 12 weeks, not even able to walk her dog. It's all for the greater good though, she knows that but hard to come to terms with when normally one is fit and active. The other sister will more than likely get a letter too but even if she doesn't, it's absolutely imperative that she keeps self-isolating because of her condition. If the virus doesn't get me, the worry of it all might!Good news is the new baby is thriving.xxx
ps forgot to say, what about recovering your furniture with any spare curtains you don't need anymore?
ReplyDeletecould do - thanks, I am hanging on to them though for my neverhome !
Deleteyou look amazingly elegant in this dress dear Betty :)
ReplyDelete,your house looks so beautiful and cozy !
i felt for poor pet ,may she be well soon!
oh i loved idea from your brother my friend ,you have such big yard and it can be used for not just flowering plants but to grow veggies either ,best of luck for your gardening
i am sure you will be safe as you are taking call cautions required Betty so please don't worry about it
you work duration is quite long but at least you are not traveling after it :)
this is bit concern that your son are not able to work from home ,hope they are also following instruction for safety
stay blessed and fine my friend!
Thank you for stopping by Baili. Our house is cosy and I am very lucky that we both like lots of plants, green paint, natural wood and so on so we have made it a very pretty home,it has evolved over 27 years.
DeleteVery pretty!
ReplyDeleteYou are keeping busy. It's what we all must do.
Oh so sorry about your cat. Sorry both for you, and for her. Because she can't be feeling well......
Stay safe.
๐๐ฑ๐ธ๐ฑ๐
thankyou, she is not going to recover, we are just trying to give her some time
DeleteYour kaftan is beautiful! I adore a good kaftan. My mum has a beautiful teal one with patterning from the 70's and I ogled it for years before she gave in and gave me another 70's one which she had handmade! I should wear it again!
ReplyDeleteI hope your cat gets better soon- I just read a blog post from Louise who says her turtle isn't eating and isn't very well which is hard to deal with!
I'm glad you have been able to get some fresh food to make up and store some more meals!
We've bought top soil and compost for a raised bed but no wood yet!!!
thanks Kezzie - I think you must definitely wear your kaftan.
Delete