week 1 of uk lock down.
Monday
took Amber cat to the vet and some blood tests were done.
Mowed the front lawn
Tuesday
Took a walk through the estate
Worked 1-9 pm in my conservatory. My job provides home emergency assistance and motor breakdown/accident recoveries for various brand names through our call centre and all the programs I need to send out assistance come through my computer with the same set up as the office.
Wednesday
took Amber back to the vet for a day of urine testing and a day on drip for rehydration.
Walked through the woods and round the estate, saw people out walking dogs on leads.
I can't walk the rescue dogs for a while as my sons' jobs in supermarket warehouses put them in contact with others and the kennels have asked volunteers like me to stay away, they are a very small team and its vital they dont lose their numbers..
Sat in the garden and started reading my new book by Zaiba Malik, 'we are a Muslim, Please' (a British muslim journalist from Bradford, UK, who was detained in Bangladesh/accused of being a spy)
worked 1-9pm from my conservatory. I have been able to continue doing everything just as before and have the added benefit of a colleague skype group for troubleshooting and chat.
Amber came home at 5pm with a diabetes diagnosis and we had a family meeting about her prospects and how we can manage this for her at home.
Thursday
Cut the back lawn
Yay!! my new kaftans arrived from Allaboutaudrey online Brighton based lady, really recommend, I am slightly worried about whether clothing can carry Coronavirus so washed thoroughly and hung outside to air. They were packed within a beautiful sari silk bag.
Walk in the woods
Ordered a new door bell online when discovered ours is beyond repair (20 years old)
Ordered some hand towels online
Friday
Today i took Amber back to the vets and learned how to administer her new twice daily insulin jabs, unpleasant but i can do it
Ordered a satin purple maxi slip from Missdiscreet to go under my kaftans, an old favourite online small lingerie business i have used for years, recommmend.
This afternoon i will repair the seats of my cane chairs which are about 18 years old, from Bali, the seats are falling through so need nailing down
Veggie shepherds pie tonight
Walk in the woods later
Back soon with more daily doings. But I am interested to know what your new routine is during the Pandemic... What have you been up to this week?
Monday
took Amber cat to the vet and some blood tests were done.
Mowed the front lawn
Tuesday
Took a walk through the estate
Worked 1-9 pm in my conservatory. My job provides home emergency assistance and motor breakdown/accident recoveries for various brand names through our call centre and all the programs I need to send out assistance come through my computer with the same set up as the office.
Wednesday
took Amber back to the vet for a day of urine testing and a day on drip for rehydration.
Walked through the woods and round the estate, saw people out walking dogs on leads.
I can't walk the rescue dogs for a while as my sons' jobs in supermarket warehouses put them in contact with others and the kennels have asked volunteers like me to stay away, they are a very small team and its vital they dont lose their numbers..
Sat in the garden and started reading my new book by Zaiba Malik, 'we are a Muslim, Please' (a British muslim journalist from Bradford, UK, who was detained in Bangladesh/accused of being a spy)
worked 1-9pm from my conservatory. I have been able to continue doing everything just as before and have the added benefit of a colleague skype group for troubleshooting and chat.
Amber came home at 5pm with a diabetes diagnosis and we had a family meeting about her prospects and how we can manage this for her at home.
Thursday
Cut the back lawn
Yay!! my new kaftans arrived from Allaboutaudrey online Brighton based lady, really recommend, I am slightly worried about whether clothing can carry Coronavirus so washed thoroughly and hung outside to air. They were packed within a beautiful sari silk bag.
Walk in the woods
Ordered a new door bell online when discovered ours is beyond repair (20 years old)
Ordered some hand towels online
Friday
Today i took Amber back to the vets and learned how to administer her new twice daily insulin jabs, unpleasant but i can do it
Ordered a satin purple maxi slip from Missdiscreet to go under my kaftans, an old favourite online small lingerie business i have used for years, recommmend.
This afternoon i will repair the seats of my cane chairs which are about 18 years old, from Bali, the seats are falling through so need nailing down
Veggie shepherds pie tonight
Walk in the woods later
Back soon with more daily doings. But I am interested to know what your new routine is during the Pandemic... What have you been up to this week?




I do wish I could say the same as you betty. But due to our circumstances i am very much confined to home. However, the last two days have been such lovley weather, and I managed to sit him in the conservatory for a while where I could see him as I did some work in the greenhouse. I have now cut our Carers back to 3 a day rather than the 8 we were getting (2 four times a day), and I work with them when they come, which hopefully means less risk.
ReplyDeleteHi Betty! We are walking after dinner. I have been sewing, trying to finish the costumes (that isn't routine) We've been eating the normal things and talking via FaceTime and text to loved ones.
ReplyDeleteI hope Amber responds well to her insulin. God be with you!
Well, on Facebook yesterday I was all around the world, from Colorado to New Zealand with Northern Ireland popping in later last night and that doesn't include the usual daily phone calls and texts to nearest and dearest here at home. I'm receiving daily pics of the baby which is lovely but so missing being able to get up close and personal with all the grandchildren. I haven't been out of the house since Monday but have gone into the garden to hang up washing and clear some leaves. Totally NOT missing work! You're employers are very lucky to have you, Betty. Will write over the weekend - I'm not going anywhere!!xxxps I love your new kaftans.
ReplyDeletethanks - am enjoying being able to work takes my mind off whats going on around us
DeleteHugs to Amber.xxx
ReplyDeleteConsidering you're working as well you have been busy.
ReplyDeleteAmber looks so healthy and lovely, I'm sorry that she's not well, I suppose the good thing about lockdown is that you're at home with her.
I love the kaftans you chose, they're exactly what I'd have chosen. Apparently the virus stays on hard surfaces for 72 hours but with soft ones like clothes it's less than 12 although you were wise not to take any chances.
That book sounds right up my street - I shall find myself a copy!
Keep well and happy, Betty! xxx
I got the book from the library, hope you can find a copy.
DeleteLove your clothes!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with kitty...
Same as usual here, since we aren't social butterflies, ever. -smile- And retired.
He kept at his woodworking and working on Income Tax. Which due date has been pushed forward, due to pandemic, but he wants to get it done.
I went back to blogging, which I had left. Can not dwell on COVID-19, but can blog. -smile- And have fun with it, and with my blog look.
We have plenty of reading to do. Books from library, which can't bring back. And lots on our tablets. Information shows on tv are still showing nice stuff. And spring is here, after a late snow storm. That in itself, gives joy.
🌸Gentle hugs🌸
I'm so sorry about your Amber, how sad, but bless you for taking such good care of her! My routine is the usual here. By the way, I read that the virus cannot really live as an entire molecule on any surface, but strains of it can. It takes an entire molecule to be contagious, but it's always a safe idea to wipe down/wash what comes in from the outside because some surfaces are more likely to carry the strains more than others.
ReplyDeletei am sorry about your pet dear Betty
ReplyDeletei hope she gets better soon !
how nice you manage to walk regularly ,this is positive indeed
oh i absolutely loved your gorgeous dress :) what a beautiful dress and loved the design and color scheme too
hope you like the read which sounds interesting
stay well and safe my friend!
I am also confined but we go for walks, go for drives, play games, do word search puzzles, play mahjong, watch TV, watch birds and support each other.
ReplyDeleteWe've been at home since Monday 23rd as our teaching has gone onto a 2 week skeleton schedule and I was put on for the Monday. I've had mild symptoms (loss of taste and smell, snotty note, bit of a cough, tight chest) so have been at home since. Who knows if these are Covid symptoms or just a cold- I wish I knew! In some ways, if they get no worse than this, then I hope they are so I can have the antibodies and feel secure when I have to go back to school but it's the not knowing!
ReplyDeleteI've been mostly posting blog posts to my school music blog so the kids have a lesson once a week for music plus singing assembly and other 'music for everyone' posts!