Wednesday, 25 March 2020

Keep on Blogging

I just wanted to say that some bloggers (and Facebookers) are receiving the viral message below... I have posted part of it to reassure you.... if you got one too.. or one like it...that these kind of comments are very unlikely to be personal to you, they are sent to lots of bloggers and shouldn't upset you.

A blog I follow has disabled her comments this week because she received a viral comment like this and that is such a shame in the current times... so please don't let something like this spoil your enjoyment of your blog and this really nice way to communicate with each other all over the World.  Blogger is on the whole a really friendly community.


I hope if you receive anything like the below you will click Spam in your comments list and set your blog to moderate if you feel you need to.


Some years ago a blogger did get personal and nasty with me, I think they may have been mentally unstable and I did not get drawn into it.    It is important to remember you are in control of your blog and that nobody should stop you enjoying your connection with other bloggers.


Happy Blogging!

Quote
You boomers are shutting down the entire economy because you're afraid of a flu. Seriously, can you boomers kill yourselves? You are the most selfish generation to ever exist.  unquote  ……. and so it goes on 



**Catherine Tate is a comedienne who took the phrase 'am I bovvered' and used it in her character, Lauren Cooper... 






12 comments:

  1. Well said, Betty! People have to remember it's just a robot picking on thousands of blogs and not a threat to anyone. Just delete and move on.
    In these strange times we do need blogging more than ever, a way of staying in touch with the world from the confinements of our home.
    Hope you're enjoying the sunshine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for encouraging post dear Betty !

    i was totally shocked when i visited Nancy and found same comment on her blog ,believe me i needed this explanation as i could not figure out what the heck was happening
    i truly for while felt for the host and it mad my heart heavy

    i cannot understand what kind of soul less people do such hardcore crimes and break others heart
    stay well and safe my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do people have to be so vile?
    Something like that wouldn't stop me from posting, I'm not sure what would.
    Take care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had that, but a few have. I moderate all my comments anyway. Keep on blogging xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, Betty, this horror has gone through so many blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Troll spam...I never take any of it seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Good to know, Betty.
    I haven't received any weird or mean comments, but when I get "advertising" comments or bot delivered comments I do report them as spam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first time I saw this on another blog I replied to it saying what a nasty horrid thing to say. Then I received it on my last post & a lady told me it was spam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is horrible, vile spam but I can understand how upsetting it is for some. The sad thing is that someone needed to write it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goes without saying how grateful I am for this online community, where good friendships have developed over the years, ours in particular. One fine day, we'll meet in Brighton, Betty and go trawling all those vintage shops and find treasures abound! Keep safe, keep well.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I got one.

    And Yes, I shut off comments.

    But then, I "put on my big girl panties" and began again.

    Believe me, it was comforting, to learn, that I was not the only one.

    I'm not doing my former "Cheer Leader" posts, though. Only saying, what is "good" for me... Have to. Bad for health, to continue, paying attention to "it."

    We all deal with this, as we have to do so. But yes, it is the time, to continue to blog.

    Gentle hugs,
    🌸 🌸 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this as I have seen this on another person's blog and thought it so very nasty that I commented which was silly of me but I just had to(Going Gently blog)AnywayI'm happy to have come across you through the Gorgeous Vintage Vix's x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.