Walks outside may have to stop - we don't know yet if our government will enforce a lockdown in the UK ... - so today our walk in the woods was even more precious - we saw deer, wild violet, primrose and wood anemone
The call centre I work at has arranged for us to work from home with a gateway access to all the database, maps and callsheets on a monitor with headset and keyboard provided. On Tuesday I set up at 6am which took hours because I am not IT savvy. But I was ready for my first shift and it was fine. Are you working from home? Post a picture of your home office on your blog!
Someone has taken the trouble to plant daffodils in the woods around the kennels, it's very uplifting to see their cheery yellow heads. The rules have changed, we bought our own leads and take home to wash, observe social distancing, washing hands and air dry on arrival and exit.
I went to Ikea the day before they closed the UK stores down temporarily, to get a table to work on, just a small one - I had checked stock online before leaving for the 45 minute drive - yet most had gone in that short time, but I got something nice that works and assembled it from flatpack quite easily. I am one of those rare people who actually enjoy making flatpack furniture!
I have to set up my home working by the window so I can watch the birds....
Food supplies here are erratic, apparently due entirely to people stockpiling and stripping supermarket shelves bare. There are no delivery slots for online orders, which encourages people to go out to the shops - when the government want us to stay indoors. I think the army needs to manage food distribution.
Our library closed for 12 weeks yesterday. They allowed us to take up to 20 books and keep them until July. I mentioned it to my neighbour (a single dad) just in time for him to get down there, join up and bring his daughter home from school with arms laden with books. So pleased they didn't miss out as they also have online books and magazines and this will be helpful for home schooling as the schools here also closed down yesterday.
The call centre I work at has arranged for us to work from home with a gateway access to all the database, maps and callsheets on a monitor with headset and keyboard provided. On Tuesday I set up at 6am which took hours because I am not IT savvy. But I was ready for my first shift and it was fine. Are you working from home? Post a picture of your home office on your blog!
I have been walking rescue dogs from the nearby kennel on my days off, most recently this little Jack Russell who is terribly nervous and gradually gaining confidence, we sniffed celandine flowers together. We sat on a bench and ate cheese and he jumped up unexpectedly and gave me a big face wash! So pleased as he doesnt like hands near him, but allowed me to stroke his ears.
Someone has taken the trouble to plant daffodils in the woods around the kennels, it's very uplifting to see their cheery yellow heads. The rules have changed, we bought our own leads and take home to wash, observe social distancing, washing hands and air dry on arrival and exit.
I went to Ikea the day before they closed the UK stores down temporarily, to get a table to work on, just a small one - I had checked stock online before leaving for the 45 minute drive - yet most had gone in that short time, but I got something nice that works and assembled it from flatpack quite easily. I am one of those rare people who actually enjoy making flatpack furniture!
I have to set up my home working by the window so I can watch the birds....
Today we had our first church service online, it was fun, just our paster and sunday school teacher were there and they sang to us. It was held on facebook so we could post comments as the service went along, it was in the usual informal, laid back format which makes our church special, it felt connected. Check out your local church for online services.
Are you self isolating? is someone bringing your shopping to your door for you?
Food supplies here are erratic, apparently due entirely to people stockpiling and stripping supermarket shelves bare. There are no delivery slots for online orders, which encourages people to go out to the shops - when the government want us to stay indoors. I think the army needs to manage food distribution.
Our library closed for 12 weeks yesterday. They allowed us to take up to 20 books and keep them until July. I mentioned it to my neighbour (a single dad) just in time for him to get down there, join up and bring his daughter home from school with arms laden with books. So pleased they didn't miss out as they also have online books and magazines and this will be helpful for home schooling as the schools here also closed down yesterday.
Chris the photographer is taking part in backyard bird photography day, I don't know what part of the world Chris lives in, have followed for some years now... he has the most superb photography. Take a look/join in.
http://christhephotog.blogspot.com/2020/03/backyard-bird-photography-day.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChrisThePhotog+%28Chris+The+Photog%29
This is my effort to join in - some swans at the lakes near here that we saw yesterday - we won't be able to go there again for a while, there were too many people and we have to keep our distance.
Today is Mothers Day in the UK and I feel blessed and happy that we are together, nothing more is required. I hope if you are unable to have your family around you, at least you will have use of Skype and the internet to keep together.
Back soon ....













Your post has so many great elements in it, beginning with the delicate appearing yet strong wild violets, something we can emulate these trying days. Your kaftan and work space are beautiful. We had online church last week, it was a warm experience, and anyone can visit a church website and find an online service. Cute Jack Russell, I am glad he found a friend in you. California has decreed we must shelter in place and walking outside is definitely allowed.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothering Sunday, Betty! I'm so glad that you had a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteVolunteering to help those adorable dogs is so kind of you, that little Jack Russell is gorgeous. I hope you can continue to do your bit and help out although it's understandable if they need to close their doors.
Your walk looked lovely, it's exciting to see those signsof Spring.
The bit about you setting up for working at home made me chuckle, it would take me an age, too. You've got a smashing workspace, too.
That kaftan is gorgeous, I want to see you wearing it. Is it from All About Audrey? I bought one of her wrap tops to take to India and absolutely love it. You definitely need more kaftans in your life, they're glam but comfy!
Take care and stay healthy! xxx
yes - All About Audrey - I just ordered 2 more - hope she can post them! there's so much lovely stuff on there that I had been hankering after for ages.
DeleteWhat a very nice 'study'/workroom. I would spend all my time admiring the garden I think.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to find Wood anemones, we saw them carpeting woods in Normandy.
Belated Birthday Wishes Betty. My daughter in laws are both able to work from home. I just received a notice that our library is closed. Yesterday I did a supermarket shop & it was horrid. I went to buy veggie plants & nothing left on the shelf at all. It is just getting ramped up here but it makes me feel anxious. Thank goodness I have my craft work to turn to. Take care Betty - I am glad you are able to work from home - you could even stay in your jammies all day long!! xx
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothering Sunday! Here is US, I didn't know that was today. I will send an eCard to my daughter in Switzerland.
ReplyDeleteHi Betty :)) I would have to keep that Jack Russell!!! What a sweet heart!! Nice that you can work from home. Things here are kind of normal actually. Alex and I are just packing up, planning our move, living our usual quiet hermit life...we don't go out much anyway. The kaftan is really pretty and happy belated birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post, Betty! What a great idea to "office" where you can see the birds!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love hearing your "voice" and I am thankful for YOU!
I don't think I'd be able to stay indoors indefinitely, I'm sure I'd sneak out into my greenhouse.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a lovely birthday. What a beautiful kaftan! I'd wear it around the house too. The other day I wore a huge skirt that I usually keep for special occasions, but I was feeling a little low and it really lifted my spirits. And as our wedding anniversary is coming up I'm sure my wedding dress will be worn at some point too!
What a cute little dog. Isn't it wonderful when animals show that they trust you, it's a huge compliment, I think.
I've worked for myself, from home, for 7 years now, so my working day doesn't look much different but somehow it feels different.
Take care
xx
I was royally ripped off at the fruit and veg shop today. I thought it was safer to go there (they were only allowing 2 people in the barn at one time) than the supermarket but when it came to paying, I was shocked at what they charged for what would have cost less than a fiver at the Co-op!!I love your little bijou office and I would float around in that kaftan everyday. Funny old atmosphere when you go outside here. Think lockdown's imminent, probably because of all the idiots who flooded the beaches and parks over the weekend, with not a hint of social distancing in sight!
ReplyDeletesuch a lovely and engaging sharing dear Betty !
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to you sweet friend :) many happy returns of the days amen!
your hubby selected really gorgeous color absolutely LOVED it and i hope you share pic of your's while wearing it :)
yes my son is working from home ,hubby is lecturer so is at home as school colleges are closed for two months
i enjoyed the images so much ,the serenity of woods healed my tiredness as i just finished laundry
here everything has shut down ,army is here to force the law like curfew but shops are not emptied by consumers as far i know ,i agree this is serious issue to store stuff beyond limits and government should do something about it
how amazing to watch birds while working from home sounds relief among so much intensity
keep taking good care Betty ,hugs!
i loved these ducks ,hope you be able to go there