Friday, 3 April 2020

Lock down, week 2

We have varied our morning walks this week trying to find a route that gets us somewhere pretty and back before Amber cat gets her 11am insulin shot!  we have been in the woods and around the perimeter of the woods, trying not to encounter other people.

Celandines are out



Looks like there will be a lot of frogs along here soon....



I found an online garden supplier and ordered gloves, trowel, compost and tomato plants, they may take some time to arrive in the current situation but it will be worth the wait.

I emailed a chat with an old friend who used to run our church housegroup and tutor my boys with extra after school maths lessons.  The current situation will be very stressful for her as she needs routine and does not cope well outside of this, she has a form of autism (aspergers).  Her sons are both downs syndrome and one is also diabetic and aspergers, she adopted both boys as babies, they are not blood brothers.  She chose to adopt them because they were special ... she's a very special lady, having brought them up as a single parent by choice.

Source: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Normal-Family-Fiona-Barrington/dp/0755204212
Her boys are now adult and live in the community in supported housing with other young people and carers and have a greatly independent life, but have come home to their mum during lock down.  She wrote a book many years ago about their family experiences called Not Your Normal Family under the pen name of Fiona Barrington.


Worked 1-9pm taking call Tue/Wed/Thur.   Most customers dont yet realise their calls are being handled via peoples homes.  My boss was listening to some of my calls and skyped me with feedback, we do this frequently to maintain a standard.


I made chicken curry for the men on Monday and paneer for me, there was enough paneer for my dinner on Tuesday too.  Hubby took over the cooking the rest of the week and made chicken tikka wraps yesterday and bolognaise (plus veggie bolo for me) on Wednesday.

Watched Liar on tv, the penultimate episode, can't wait for the finale.  3/4 through my library book.


Found what look like broken pigeon eggs wedged underneath my bedroom windowsill



Googled what this might be and found it is likely a squirrel has hidden eggs here... it's made quite a mess so I cleaned it all down today then moved on to clean the garden table and chairs and tidy out the shed.

This weekend I am not working so am looking forward to sitting in the garden, a quite walk and reading.  How's your week been?





10 comments:

  1. I do see frogs in the near future near you; is that horses I see in the photo? I do love horses. Last night I had a Netflix party with my older son, each of us in our own home, we watched a TV comedy together and could type in comments to each other as we watched. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless Fiona! There are not many people like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celandines are so very pretty, and a real herald of Spring. I have ordered quite a bit on line for the garden, no garden centres open here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place to walk, and lovely photos!!!!

    People who don't have extended family members, working from home, probably don't realize. But of course, that's how you want it to be. So they feel a normalcy.

    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    💧🌷🌱 💦🌱🌷💧

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty!
    It sounds like you are managing well. We are, too. I miss the grands and our kids and their spouses, but He sustains us, keeps us well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was watching Masterchef last night and one of the 'chefs' made paneer. It looked delish. Just pootling along here, gardening, walking, videochatting with the little girls, coo-ing over pics of the baby, gritting my teeth at my mother's antics! Keep safe and well, Betty and have a restful weekend away from your laptop.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How's Amber doing? Any improvement?
    Your walks are gorgeous, you're lucky to have those views on your doorstep.
    I shall recommend your friend's book to my friends, G&T, three years ago they became guardians to an autistic boy who'd reached the age of 17 and being classed as an adult by the government, was supposed to leave the childrens home he'd grown up in and live on his own in the community despite being unable to talk and having the mental capacity of a 6 year old. He's flourished with their love. Such special people, like your pal.
    Does it feel different working from home? Would you like it to continue when things are back to normal or do you prfer being office based? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi vix, I hope your friend would find the book helpful, my friend has worked hard to give her boys independence and even arranged introductions to their birth parents a few years back. There's lots in the book to inspire. I will answer your questions in my next post tomorrow - thanks for asking :)

      Delete
  8. I love escaping to nature, especially now during this horrid virus. It is relaxing and freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi betty, thank you for visiting. too enjoyed seeing your walk and it is so strange having to stay indoors. I havent done much walking lately and miss it. it is so good to escape to nature and see all the things bursting again. lucky you seeing the frog spawn and a walk in the woods. it is good to know nature is there still thriving. take care.Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.