Saturday, 10 August 2019

A little bit of Sea Air

Brighton was blustery and the sea was dangerously choppy although I found a windbreak (drain wall going out to sea) and managed to catch the sun whilst asleep for an hour, which felt strange as everyone around me was bent against the wind wearing rain jackets!


The little alleyway above is a public path, but I imagine in the evening the front doors would all be open as opposite are the little gardens to each house (sort of back to front world)



Snaps of Brighton, the beach and The Lanes, in no particular order.








The Lanes are full of lovely things, the displays on the right are from a small shop that sells local artists' work.


and the rugs and cushions below are so beautiful although I can't stand the smell so don't linger (leather).

There was much evidence of last weekend's Pride Event, the shops still had the rainbow coloured displays up.




















Some of these little houses have the most beautiful flower displays in limited space, I am always impressed.



I would have taken one of these home if
the price had been in my budget! but
it would have been a struggle on the train!




Every time I come here I find something different to see, things change all the time.  I like to finish the day with a window seat in Waterstones to browse through some travel books for an hour or so (I love the smell of new books, don't you?), then it was homeward by train with a can of  ice cold M&S gin and tonic and a packet of crisps!  perfect end to a perfect day.





12 comments:

  1. You find some intriguing places. Next time we are thgere I want to treat myself to a visit to the Pavilion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! All that art surrounding! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a salty dog this week too, partaking of my local seaside town. It's so bracing to walk around in the warm sea breeze. I hope to do the same in Brighton one day. Lovely pics, Betty. Glad you enjoyed the day and all topped off with gin and crisps, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Brighton for years, this makes me want to go back and just wander around.
    I love the smell of new books too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I've been there now. What a lovely tour. I think that was probably the best blog tour I've ever taken. I have never travelled but if I did England Ireland Scotland and Wales would definitely be my destination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your pics when you visit Brighton Betty. It just looks such a lovely little seaside place. My neighbours are off to the UK for a month & are going to spend time in Brigton. I am envious !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such interesting art. I would love to have the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got such a great eye for detail, love all the Pride colour, the shop windows and the pretty gardens. I'd have been tempted with a cacti, too. I always fall in love with ridiculous things when I'm travelling on public transport and can't get them home! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVED the way you picked up lovely stuff to share dear Betty

    really reflects your aesthetic sense :)

    Brighton seems very interesting and bountiful place to visit

    train tour sounds cool

    i loved all the vibrant and colorful things you captured ,hand written sign looked ironically funny to me

    growing lots of flowers in little area is hard but love for nature makes it happen :)

    steel dragonfly is cute
    i am sorry but i am not fan of cactus as i hd bit bad memories regarding it when i was child

    lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gin and chips, I love that! :) And yes, I love the smell of new books! There is nothing like that fragrance. Lovely post, so happy to see all of the photos, especially that beautiful tortoise mural!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely post, and I enjoyed your photographs.
    I have not visited Brighton for many years, and so many friends who have always talk about The Lanes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. i havent been to Brighton I think for 15 years! or more...but I do remember it well. i was younger and slimmer and enjoyed all the quirky clothes shops!...but the place is so vibrant and colourful...looks like you enjoyed it so much. Those lovely flower window boxs remind me of the cottages in Cornwall making the most of a little patch to have some green ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.