Geraniums, I have lots in tubs. Beginning of a new week and I am watching squirrels on the fence and reading some library books about wild food/foraging. My Thai nephew and niece like eating that sticky weed called cleavers, you know, the stuff that sticks to your clothes as it has little tiny hooks that hold on. The young shoots are delicious, apparently. They stir fry it. We have stir fry here tonight, just thinking..........
It's rainy and blustery today with bursts of sunshine. I feel in need of some vitality, my weekly shop is full of healthy vegetables and fresh fruits, currently the supermarkets are offering peaches at a good price and I can eat a lot of them without even counting. Natural yoghurt with honey and some linseeds goes well. We also have strawberries in the shops, red, ripe and very sweeet.
The painting above was done in a hurry, and you can see that, I find it difficult to do things slowly and with care - will have to do this one again as it's not good enough, but I thought it would brighten the blog page :) not fishing for compliments, it's ok, I am my own critic. I do like the colour though. Red feels important this week, I want to paint in red, eat red fruit, wear red clothes, not sure how long this passion for red will last..... how's your week going?
It's rainy and blustery today with bursts of sunshine. I feel in need of some vitality, my weekly shop is full of healthy vegetables and fresh fruits, currently the supermarkets are offering peaches at a good price and I can eat a lot of them without even counting. Natural yoghurt with honey and some linseeds goes well. We also have strawberries in the shops, red, ripe and very sweeet.
The painting above was done in a hurry, and you can see that, I find it difficult to do things slowly and with care - will have to do this one again as it's not good enough, but I thought it would brighten the blog page :) not fishing for compliments, it's ok, I am my own critic. I do like the colour though. Red feels important this week, I want to paint in red, eat red fruit, wear red clothes, not sure how long this passion for red will last..... how's your week going?

You may not be satisfied with your painting but I wish I could do as well.
ReplyDeleteThank you - that's lovely of you although I have to say your skill with the written word is enviable.
Deletei really love your painting! ;)...im often wanting some variety in my food shopping,more healthy also...I usually go on whats good value, but dont always fancy it...i'm the same with fruit just picking whats marked up for less...ive been good though using all the apples up in the garden (well, not all the apples! think i'll be giving some away unless i make chutneys )...crumbles, pies, tarts/strudels are coming out of our ears~ wish my dad lived nearer I could give him some. I love red too~ though surprisingly dont own that many red outfits. Though i'm wearing red shoes today. i always enjoy your posts, ;)x
ReplyDeleteThank you Kazzy, really appreciate it as you are such a gifted artist yourself. I hope you can see more of your dad soon and that he is comfortable and getting better.
DeleteRed for danger!!I love your Geranium painting. Please don't chuck it, or if you do, chuck it up here!!We call cleavers 'Sticky Willie' oop north! No idea why. Have a great week, Betty.xxx
ReplyDeleteYes, hadn't thought of that! thanks for the compliments. I don't think I will be eating cleavers after all, your comment put me off a bit!
DeleteRed geraniums are my most favorite of flowering plants. The red makes me happy.The scent of the leaves is marvelous.
ReplyDeleteI forgot about the scent, mine don't seem to have any - they are a smooth leaf variety.
DeleteSo lovely! You are so talented! I so love this!
ReplyDeleteThankyou for being so enthusiaastic, Rose, glad you like my pic.
DeleteBonjour,
ReplyDeleteLe rouge, la passion ! Une bien jolie couleur.
Je n'ai jamais goûté de pousses de géranium.
Bravo pour votre peinture.
Gros bisous 🌸
Merci madame!
ReplyDeleteI love your geranium painting, it's gorgeous. Like you, I tend to rush into doing things when inspiration strikes, I'm too impatient to do it properly.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you could eat those sticky buds, the cats are always covered in them! x
Oh wow! I mean it! I think that geranium is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI think your geranium painting looks quite perfect to me Betty - we are always the most critical of our own work. It makes me wish my geraniums would flower & some nicer weather would come. xx
ReplyDeleteI think your painting is great! I love the colours! My week is going well now after some plumbing problems and power outages! I did manage to can 11 pints of strawberry jam today! Fun! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovely vibrant painting! I go through phases with colours, currently loving greens.xx
ReplyDeletei think you don't need to be hard on yourself dear Betty :)
ReplyDeletei absolutely LOVED this gorgeous and vibrant painting ,you expressed the beauty of summers and flowers so incredibly i believe
eating healthy is blessing my friend and be grateful that you are one
our temps are decreasing very slowly and we are grateful either :)
hugs!
Well, I rather like your painting.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how we're drawn to colours, I was told to wear red for healing, and green for calm.
xx