We are off in a few days time to this beautiful beach ....
(sorry, did I tell you that already about a trillion times?)
(sorry, did I tell you that already about a trillion times?)
![]() |
| Sal, Cape Verde |
I have been sorting out what to take, the weather is sunny and warm so no need to wear too much...
and as I have an afternoon packing and nothing better to do I thought I would show you what's in the case....
My hat from Primark and sandals from Next are new. I bargained for the string bag in a Vietnam market last year). The blue Anohki block print sarong was an ebay win a few years back and a favourite; you can never have too many bikinis - four here.
6 kaftans that are great over swimwear but also good with cropped jeans. The brown and gold one is my current favourite (last year's charity shopped brand new, labels on, Jaeger no less) I have shortened it this year as it was sort of wearing me, have also taken off the very heavy beaded closure to make it more lightweight.
Lightweight tops (with long sleeves to keep mosquitos away) and cropped jeans for evening
gold wedges, flip flops and swim shoes... and don't forget the sun lotion!
I am also taking my two trusty dresses from East which hubby gave me for birthdays over last few years, they are lovely and cool, no iron and light. Sadly East and their hand printed Anohki clothing range is now only available on EBay as they closed their business down last year.
Just in cases I have also popped in my anciently charity shopped Anohki block printed skirt - it goes anywhere and folds up to nothing (I have even worn it as a scarf!).
I probably have far too much stuff here and am trying to control myself but hey ho 20 kilo weight allowance, why not. Still room for a few library books and sunglasses (oh and undies!). Did I forget anything but the kitchen sink?
Very different to my last trip (Vietnam) when I had minimal luggage and lived in shorts and tee shirt.
Back soon, ttfn.... (ta ta for now!)







How wonderful!!! Please post pictures so I can live vicariously through you!!! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI will, please do!
DeleteAnother reason for you to visit India - Anokhi is alive and well and absolutely gorgeous, I went mad!!
ReplyDeleteHave a brilliant time and look forward to seeing you in all those lovely clothes. xxx
Thanks will,take a few pics am sure
DeleteIt sounds as though you are packing very lightly, not easy! Have a wonderful holiday Betty.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteHave a wonderful time. Oh I can't wait for summer clothes.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteWow! Have a wonderful time chuck! x
ReplyDeleteThanks mrs b
DeleteRoom in your suitcase for me??!! Such pretty things you're taking with you, as opposed to the grey,black and navy blue stuff I'm still wearing! I'm off to Skye this weekend but something tells me I won't need to pack a swimsuit! Have a fantastic time and an even more fantastic birthday. Can't wait to see the pics.xxx
ReplyDeleteSkye sounds interesting, i know its a comtrast from my trip but i would love to go there, have a loverly time x
DeleteWow Loved your really pretty dresses for the trip dear Betty!!!!!!
ReplyDeletespecially the green printed shirt and blue shoes :)
preparation time is always so exciting plus tiring and confusing what to take and what to leave :)))
Beach looks really beautiful and serene place , perfect way to relax and enjoy
if you want to wear sleeveless you can apply mosquitoes lotion to keep them away ,we use it during summer times since years and no harm to skin
wishing you a wonderful happy trip my friend!
hugs!
Love your kaftan tops. I like the way you did some altering, something I wish that I did more often. Have a lovely holiday. xxx
ReplyDeleteBy now you've probably returned. I don't check blogs regularly. I LOVE the dresses you showed. Being American, I've never heard of the company. Too bad they're no longer in business.
ReplyDeleteYour East dresses are beautiful, what a shame they're no more. I love packing, it feels like part of the holiday to me. Looks like you took a good selection of items.
ReplyDeletexx
Yes, I too think those 'East' dresses look great.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan